PDA

View Full Version : What Parker is this?

Saintpaulia
January 8th, 2013, 04:33 PM
Can you all give me an identity for this Parker? I have absolutely no info on it at all. Bought off eBay from someone who apparently knows nothing about fountain pens. Thanks, Breck

jar
January 8th, 2013, 05:51 PM
"95"?

Saintpaulia
January 8th, 2013, 06:28 PM
"95"?
95? Parker 95 is a model? Sorry but I am almost completely ignorant when it comes to the Parker models. The seller says it was made in the USA if that helps. Not much else given. As said, seller seems to be not one of us.

Later...after some research...yes it is almost certainly a "95". It is coming with an empty cartridge, which might be useful depending upon its condition. I have read that there is a converter that will fit it? even made by Parker? Any info on that? where to find etc.? I just hope that it is clean!

Saintpaulia
January 8th, 2013, 06:47 PM
Oh, just saw the difference between the Parker 95 and the Parker Arrow. The 95 replaced the Arrow. The two are very similar and one conspicuous difference is in the clip. The Parker Arrow has the type of clip shown in the attached image. So this is an Arrow and not a 95. After having read up on these two models I think I'd rather have had the 95, but oh well...

KrazyIvan
January 8th, 2013, 10:14 PM
There are two three converters I know of, a typical twist converter, slide converter and an aerometric. They are interchangeable as long as the pen barrel accepts them IIRC. I might be wrong.

KrazyIvan
January 9th, 2013, 10:50 AM
Had to correct my post, I forgot about the slide converter.

Saintpaulia
January 11th, 2013, 02:42 PM
Ivan, how would I go about determining which slide or twist or "aeromatic" converter would fit my Arrow? the sellers of the various Parker converters on eBay have no idea, although one did say he thought the "Parker-Eversharp" converter would fit. But I haven't found any info on that.

KrazyIvan
January 11th, 2013, 03:03 PM
Ivan, how would I go about determining which slide or twist or "aeromatic" converter would fit my Arrow? the sellers of the various Parker converters on eBay have no idea, although one did say he thought the "Parker-Eversharp" converter would fit. But I haven't found any info on that.

It looks really similar to the Parker Vector. Checking the dimensions, the Vector is smaller lengthwise and takes the slide converter just fine. Do you have a barrel length on its own and I can compare to my Vector just to be sure. Unless someone else knows for sure?? I think the slide converter will be your best choice.

Saintpaulia
January 11th, 2013, 03:40 PM
Ivan, the barrel of my Arrow is exactly 7 cm., measuring from the threads that join it to the section, down to the base of the barrel.

Btw, I have never, never, gotten a pen from an eBay seller that was this filthy! The ink just keeps coming out of the nib-feed section! I have let the seller know of my displeasure in no uncertain terms.

KrazyIvan
January 13th, 2013, 07:35 PM
It does not look like the slide converter will work. With the converter installed, you need 7.2 cm of space and the Vector has a 7.6 cm barrel. The aerometric converter is smaller but harder to get. I think the guy that does the Ariel Kullock (SP?) Parker fantasy pens may have them.

KrazyIvan
January 29th, 2013, 10:25 AM
Did you see these? http://www.ebay.com/itm/VINTAGE-STREAMLINE-PARKER-INK-CONVERTER-75S-MORE-NOS-/110727184962?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item19c7dac242

Saintpaulia
January 29th, 2013, 12:41 PM
Did you see these? http://www.ebay.com/itm/VINTAGE-STREAMLINE-PARKER-INK-CONVERTER-75S-MORE-NOS-/110727184962?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item19c7dac242

Thanks Ivan, I had not seen this. $18 though...

KrazyIvan
January 29th, 2013, 12:47 PM
yeah, it is kinda steep for a converter. It is also the least expensive I have seen so far for this type of converter.