PDA

View Full Version : Newton Pens Moody (Blue & Sterling) // $250 OBO

heymatthew
May 23rd, 2016, 11:20 AM
Sold!!!

Hello all,
I've got a little one on the way so I'm going to be thinning the herd of some of my lesser-used, but still-wonderful pens (mostly custom pens). Gotta free up some cash for nursery stuff...

First on the chopping block (and one of the hardest to let go of) is a Newton Pens Moody in blue swirl acrylic with a sterling silver section and a fine cursive italic steel nib. I'm just going to say this right off the bat: This material is hard to photograph. It's extremely deep and rich with beautiful highlights and subtle shadows. There's some sparkle in there and it's just beautiful to twirl and look at.

Top it off with a weighty, but balanced sterling silver grip section (yeah, Shawn turned a section out of a solid block of sterling silver because he's a beast and he don't even care) and a crisp, but smooth fine steel italic nib and you've got a heck of a writer. It's a little on the wet side and the nib is not scratchy. There's some feedback as to be expected with a fine italic, but it's not scratchy and it doesn't catch or tear the paper. A beautiful grind from Shawn. Maybe the best I own...

I'm asking $250 for this shipped anywhere in the US OBO. No trades at this time, please. Gotta come up with some baby cash. :)

Please PM or email with questions or offers. Photos are of the actual pen, taken by me and the writing sample was also done by me this afternoon.

Thanks,
Matthew

Cyber6
May 23rd, 2016, 12:36 PM
CONGRATS ON THE BABY MATTHEW!!! ... I have bought a few pens from you over the years, and I must say you are one of the nicest and friendliest sellers I ever dealt with... SO HAPPY FOR YOU!!!!

The pen is lovely and I am sure is one of Shawn's best... anyone who buys it will definitely enjoy it !!!.

C.

heymatthew
May 23rd, 2016, 12:46 PM
CONGRATS ON THE BABY MATTHEW!!! ... I have bought a few pens from you over the years, and I must say you are one of the nicest and friendliest sellers I ever dealt with... SO HAPPY FOR YOU!!!!

The pen is lovely and I am sure is one of Shawn's best... anyone who buys it will definitely enjoy it !!!.

C.

What a wonderful message!!! Thanks so much! It's a beautiful pen, but, well, diapers be kinda pricey. :) Hope you're doing well!

heymatthew
May 23rd, 2016, 05:57 PM
Pending...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

nic_v5
May 24th, 2016, 10:38 AM
Congrats on the baby! Are you going to have any custom dip/folded nib holders you've created up for sale? If so, sign me up for one!