PDA

View Full Version : SOLD FS: Pen lots. some good, some great, some small and cute

gregamckinney
May 24th, 2016, 12:26 PM
Wanted to share this over here at fpgeeks in case any of you don't kick it over at the GB.

Oddballs, weirdos and the unheralded.
No, this is not about people watching at a pen show. It is a pen sale!

I need to get some of these trays of duplicate pens and pencils out of my house! Repairing and/ or selling them individually is never going to get me there, so I'm offering a few lots today that will be a win win.
You win with great prices, and I win with some breathing room.

*** Please assume that all items are unrestored unless I call out otherwise in individual descriptions. ***

SOLD Lot 1: Wahl Bantams
3 pens, 2 black, 1 silver swirl. 2 pencils, 1 silver swirl, 1 marbled red. Pencils both advance lead. (this model pencil doesn't retract lead automatically.)
Price: SOLD

SOLD Lot 2: Sheaffer PFM pencils, plus a hanger-on.
Three PFM pencils: Two green V's and a gray III. PFM pencils are in excellent condition.
Fourth pencil is black with chrome trim and has a shorter clip. Not a PFM, but looks and works well. Sheaffer gurus can probably pair it with the right pen.

SOLD Lot 3: Parker, Parker, Parker, Parkerish, um, not Parker at all...
- Parker 51: vacumatic, cordovan with stacked band cap band. Fills and writes but date of last restoration is unknown.
- Black Vacumatic with what looks like 1946 date code (but it is very deep and smooshy, so hard to read. Fills and writes, but same restoration note as above. Will need a tuning from a nibsmith before use.
- 45 BP in Shields pattern, works fine
- Project-grade Plexor. This is one of the largest sizes of the Plexors, but sadly has a broken clip, great cap bands, fair imprint. Nib is deep set and has much of the gold wash worn off.
- Esterbrook Deluxe (LK series) with 9550 nib, because he was lonely and needed a lot to join. the LKs are my favorite user Esterbrooks.

SOLD Lot 4: Sheaffer Tuckaway.
Many of you who know me know that I collect Tuckaways heavily. This is clearly not my only cache of duplicates, but is a lot I had handy.
5 pens, all vac-fillers (three of which are the clipless models which are really the most beautiful of all Tuckaways.) Two pencils are included and both work.
Price:SOLD

SOLD Lot 5: Sheaffer Petite Balances
Four of these entrancing Sheaffers in this lot. 3 black and one Marine Green. 2 ea. Lifetime and not. 3 lever/ 1 ringtop.
Edna McBride and Mildred Crawford will Join your family. You have the freedom to name the other two.
I see no crystallization on the Marine Green.

SOLD Lot 6: The Super Jumble
They are all Sheaffers, and as such are great looking pens. That may be the end of the commonality.
3 vac-filling Triumph nibbed pens, one with a Sentinel cap. The fourth is a slim LF Balance in the silver striped celluloid.
For folks who can do the vac-filler repair, these could quickly be pens to put in use or to put out for sale.
Price:SOLD

Shipping in the US is a flat $6 per lot (combination possible.)
Cost overseas will need to be determined.
Paypal to gergyor@gergyor.com is preferred.
First "I want it," claims.

Thanks for reading and looking!
greg
Greg McKinney
gregamckinney@outlook.com