PDA

View Full Version : Edison Beaumont Pneumatic Filler Handwritten Review

writingrav
January 14th, 2013, 07:55 AM

Edison Beaumont Pneumatic Filler No Longer Handwritten Review

The moment I first heard that the Edison Beaumont was going to be released as a new-old pneumatic filling system, I was very interested. Knowing that I would be at the Philadelphia Pen Show the week the pen was announced added to my excitement at being able to attend the show and I decided that if the pen lived up to my expectations I would spend my entire show budget to acquire it.

Well, the filling system is terrific. Easy to use and providing a prodigious amount of ink. The cool factor is very high. However, as much as the filling system is fascinating and a major attraction, it is the Beaumont itself that sealed the deal. The design is simply as close to perfect as I've ever experienced. The shape of the section in particular makes gripping this pen uncommonly comfortable. You could write for days without feeling the effort. The balance is superb. The feed is consistent and the nib is as smooth as butter, but with just a touch of tooth to avoid feeling like you are gliding on ice. Having had it smoothed to my touch by Mrs. Gray is just one of the advantages of buying at a show as opposed to online. The only thing to keep in mind if you purchase this pen is that the Fine nib writes more like a medium, which is why I purchased a fine, so judge accordingly. The handwritten review shows the pen inked with the new Organics Studio Sepia "Join of Die." It is the perfect combination.
Sorry for troubling everyone's eyes,
Writingrav

KrazyIvan
January 14th, 2013, 09:03 AM
I do not know if I need new glasses but the image is really out of focus for me.

snedwos
January 14th, 2013, 09:12 AM
Your glasses are fine KI :) Or mine aren't either, stranger things have happened across oceans...

fountainpenkid
January 14th, 2013, 04:06 PM
I'm not old enough to need glasses ;), and it is blurred. Can't wait to read it though!

writingrav
January 14th, 2013, 07:36 PM
Here's a second try. If this doesn't work I'll have to type it. Sorry to cause all the eye strain.

fountainpenkid
January 14th, 2013, 07:44 PM
ummm. it is better but still hard to read. Maybe scan it? Typing works the best of course.

KrazyIvan
January 15th, 2013, 09:31 AM
I'm not old enough to need glasses ;), and it is blurred. Can't wait to read it though!

Age has nothing to do with it. I have used glasses since I was 8 years old.

Yes, it is still blurred for me.

writingrav
January 15th, 2013, 09:42 AM
Age has nothing to do with it. I have used glasses since I was 8 years old.

Yes, it is still blurred for me.

Check the original post again. I've typed it in.

KrazyIvan
January 15th, 2013, 10:10 AM
Check the original post again. I've typed it in.

Thank you! Well, maybe not. I am getting sucked in by the pneumatic filler. Pun intended. :crazy_pilot:

fountainpenkid
January 15th, 2013, 01:36 PM
Great to hear! Maybe it should become a group buy!

snedwos
January 15th, 2013, 02:33 PM

Ooooh... Now that's a thought!

fountainpenkid
January 15th, 2013, 04:35 PM
Ooooh... Now that's a thought!

I know...maybe the price would be more like $270 if so...

inky
January 15th, 2013, 07:51 PM

Oh man, that would be amazing! There would go all my pen funds for '13 though!

snedwos
January 15th, 2013, 08:15 PM
Well, what would you prefer? One awesome pen or lots of not-so-awesome pens?

writingrav
January 16th, 2013, 05:00 AM

That was my thinking exactly. In fact, I was able to sell a couple of pens to assist the precess. I hope you guys do work out a group buy even though that would probably undercut my cost.

inky
January 16th, 2013, 05:40 AM

Oh for sure one awesome pen vs lots of not-so-awesome. :)

fountainpenkid
January 16th, 2013, 06:23 AM
Oh for sure one awesome pen vs lots of not-so-awesome. :)

Agreed. I only have 5 pens, but they are all nice. I could have a ton of heros and wing sungs, but they don't deliver half the fun!

snedwos
January 16th, 2013, 07:07 AM
My personal view is to strike a balance. I am sorely tempted by one of those enormous job lots of pens from FPR. They provide a whole lot of different fun than just writing, since they're cheap enough to hack and otherwise abuse.

Anyway, it's about time we had an FPGeeks LE. I wonder how hard it would be for Brian to add the crown logo to the imprint...

writingrav
January 16th, 2013, 10:39 AM
Anyway, it's about time we had an FPGeeks LE. I wonder how hard it would be for Brian to add the crown logo to the imprint...

Amen to that. But not for another 6 months at least, after spending my money this past weekend. please.

snedwos
January 16th, 2013, 01:04 PM
You've got one already! And if we wait 6 months my birthday will go sailing by and I'll have to pay for it myself! It's going to take a while to get enough people, and then to decide on a material/s &c, &c...

One acrylic, one ebonite?

fountainpenkid
January 16th, 2013, 02:52 PM
I agree. A fpgeeks group buy of this would be awesome! But we would have to wait a while before I could pay. I don' think the FPGeeks logo would be right...I think it would probably look cheesy.

snedwos
January 16th, 2013, 02:57 PM
On a medallion in the cap top? Cheesy? NEVVAR!!

fountainpenkid
January 16th, 2013, 03:15 PM
On a medallion in the cap top? Cheesy? NEVVAR!!

You're probably right. I just don't like pens with logos on them.

snedwos
January 21st, 2013, 02:55 PM
So, is anyone still interested?

fountainpenkid
January 21st, 2013, 05:54 PM
Maybe. But not at the moment.

inky
January 22nd, 2013, 07:14 AM
I'm interested but I'm not sure when the funds would be in place.

KrazyIvan
January 22nd, 2013, 08:38 AM
I'm interested but I'm not sure when the funds would be in place.

I'm in the same boat. I am waiting on a definite answer on a date for a sum of money I am supposed to get. Until then, the reinstatement of federal taxes has wiped out my monthly allocation to the pen fund. Until I can restructure my budget, no more pens for me.

snedwos
January 22nd, 2013, 02:19 PM
It would still be a good idea to discuss what people want, it'll then be much quicker once we do have money, and even if we don't, we'll have had fun talking and dreaming about it.