PDA

View Full Version : Filofax Personal- Union Jack

Titivillus
May 25th, 2016, 11:21 AM
Decided to switch over from my moleskine diary over to the Filofax brand. I wanted something that I could carry around but was large enough to keep my notes and appointments in. I decided on the Personal size Filofax and just needed to pick a color. I wanted something that would not blend in and I could misplace so brighter colors were what I wanted. The British flag version called to me and I was able to find it on Amazon for about $40 less than the Store. I picked up some Filofax filler paper as well.

I have been using a Pilot Kakuno fine with a blue/black refill and so far have found that the brand paper works very well. A highlighter, pencil, gel pen also don't show too much through the paper. Then again I sort of like a little see through just not bleed through. As the standard refills are a little pricey I did some searching and found that daytimer has a paper similar enough to use on the 6 ring binder. Unfortunately writing on tissue paper would have been easier! the paper must not be sized since it made a mess.

So the next purchase was a 6 hole punch that I can use to turn some of my other paper, that I know works well with FPs, into sheets. I have a piece of Original crowne mill as scratch for this week and it works wonderfully.

Crazyorange
May 25th, 2016, 04:07 PM
No pics☹️

earthdawn
May 25th, 2016, 07:49 PM
No pics☹️

I was thinking the same thing when i read this earlier.

I love the look of the Union Jack edition. I kept trying to talk myself into picking one up as a few places have them on a good sale from time to time.

But another notebook I really really don't need. That being said this is the one I have looked at most. I think it is GoldSpot that has the A5 on sale now.

Titivillus
May 26th, 2016, 09:41 AM
Now with photos

earthdawn
May 26th, 2016, 09:38 PM
Now with photos

Why did we ask for pics ....

Looks great and makes me really want one even more now. I like the layout as well.

You have the same thought as me about getting the hole punch. As long as it's of semi decent quality you should be able to punch through the thinner notebook like LIFE or Campus.

QUESTION: I see you have a beautiful big Delta in there. Is that strap standard or was it an add on?

Titivillus
May 31st, 2016, 02:36 PM
The strap is standard and the way it is sewn you could get 2 pens and some business cards in the 3 slots

TMac
June 1st, 2016, 12:13 PM
I'm so tempted to make the plunge and buy this notebook! I currently use a Moleskine but love the idea of using my own paper that is more fp friendly.

Does anyone use a Personal Filofax for office work/meeting notes? I think it would work great for a calendar and to-do list but not sure about taking notes in meetings.

urushi4u
October 18th, 2017, 12:07 PM
80s!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!