PDA

View Full Version : OMAS ink?

SIR
May 31st, 2016, 08:34 AM
Anyone know of any stockists with Omas ink still available for purchase, ideally in UK or EU?

earthdawn
May 31st, 2016, 09:14 AM
Omas Ink anywhere is hard to find now.

but

http://www.penshop.co.uk/products/omas-luxury/om2125577000-omas-ink-bottle-62cc-red/

I looked through about a dozen UK stores and that was all I found.

SIR
May 31st, 2016, 09:35 AM
And only one bottle in stock,
Thank you Earthdawn, you are a star!

I'm tempted, but i really wanted turquoise or green, and that price...

migo984
May 31st, 2016, 01:15 PM
Omas inks are not showing on his site anymore, but you could give John Hall a call at Write Here and see if he still has any bottles left.
tel:01743 245950

SIR
May 31st, 2016, 01:44 PM
Omas inks are not showing on his site anymore, but you could give John Hall a call at Write Here and see if he still has any bottles left.
tel:01743 245950

Wonderful, thank you Migo!

stub
June 1st, 2016, 01:53 AM
I can probably get these but they won't be cheap and you'd have to pay shipping but would be willing to do so, just let me know. I can't guarantee but the place i bought my old dark Omas Blue from (LOVE that ink LOVE) had lots of the the Black Box Omas inks in stock. I believe they had both of those.

I'd guess $35 for the ink (2x) and shipping could depend on surface, air or EMS. Regular Air might be around $20 so it would be spendy.

SIR
June 1st, 2016, 02:15 AM
I can probably get these but they won't be cheap and you'd have to pay shipping but would be willing to do so, just let me know. I can't guarantee but the place i bought my old dark Omas Blue from (LOVE that ink LOVE) had lots of the the Black Box Omas inks in stock. I believe they had both of those.

I'd guess $35 for the ink (2x) and shipping could depend on surface, air or EMS. Regular Air might be around $20 so it would be spendy.

Thank you stub; I'm not really desperate to get some... but had been thinking even before Omas went into administration that I liked their ink and the bottles.
Who knows, maybe they'll be back in production by the end of the year?

stub
June 1st, 2016, 02:30 AM
I only like that one regular production ink they did. That super high chroma Blue.

I do like the bottle too. I have 2 and I'll keep them when they are empty.

Chrissy
June 1st, 2016, 04:55 AM
If you wanted any Omas black I could send you some, but I might want to hang onto the bottle myself. :)

SIR
June 1st, 2016, 06:00 AM
Thank you for the offer Chrissy, you are very kind... I won't tell you how many black inks I already possess but I think I'll be OK for quite some time ;).
Is the Omas black good?

Chrissy
June 1st, 2016, 02:31 PM
Thank you for the offer Chrissy, you are very kind... I won't tell you how many black inks I already possess but I think I'll be OK for quite some time ;).
Is the Omas black good?
The story is I wanted to buy a bottle of Omas blue ink (in the black box) after 'stub' recommended it to me, and very kindly sent me a sample. I found a bottle for sale on ebay.com that I could have shipped to me now I'm in Florida, but the listing was for one bottle of blue and one of black. So I, like you, have no use for the black ink. I only ever used black ink in my Pilot Capless (VP) when I went to a quiz night, and we don't seem to go anymore. :(
Therefore Omas black ink (preferably without the bottle) is available when I return to the UK, as are a couple of reasonable quizzers. :bounce:

SIR
June 1st, 2016, 02:48 PM
Is the Omas black good?
The story is I wanted to buy a bottle of Omas blue ink (in the black box) after 'stub' recommended it to me, and very kindly sent me a sample. I found a bottle for sale on ebay.com that I could have shipped to me now I'm in Florida, but the listing was for one bottle of blue and one of black. So I, like you, have no use for the black ink. I only ever used black ink in my Pilot Capless (VP) when I went to a quiz night, and we don't seem to go anymore. :(
Therefore Omas black ink (preferably without the bottle) is available when I return to the UK, as are a couple of reasonable quizzers. :bounce:

Ah, so;
Will you send me a private message when you return, I could quite possibly meet you - maybe at a London geeks gathering.
:cheers:

FredRydr
June 2nd, 2016, 08:14 PM
I have a bottle of Omas "brown" ink, but I no longer have the box that states Omas's name for it. Anyone know?

Fred

SIR
June 2nd, 2016, 09:31 PM
I have a bottle of Omas "brown" ink, but I no longer have the box that states Omas's name for it. Anyone know?

Fred

Sepia, I think.

Waski_the_Squirrel
June 3rd, 2016, 06:20 PM
I selfishly waited until I decided I didn't want any of this ink for myself.

JetPens has several bottles of Omas ink in a variety of colors. I own a bottle of the Grey (blech) and may or may not own an Omas Ogiva. Anything remaining on the website is fair game.

http://www.jetpens.com/search?q=omas&v=2

The Good Captain
June 4th, 2016, 02:28 AM
I've still got the bottle of blue I bought from Write Here ages ago, and the small bottle of black that came with the Omas Society LE Milord (I think). Not bad inks, I suppose, but rumoured to be on the acidic side, if I remember correctly.

Chrissy
June 4th, 2016, 05:02 AM

Fred

I was going to try Sepia. The ones I happened to be looking at were in Australia though. So I had to pass.:(

Red Harry N. G.
June 19th, 2016, 10:17 PM
It seems it's still available here (http://www.fuellhalter.de/index.php/de/Zubehoer-Omas/l-KAT114). If you don't speak any German, Google Translate should be helpful enough to get through the purchasing process. If this isn't the case, let me know, and I'll help you.

SIR
June 20th, 2016, 12:42 AM
It seems it's still available here (http://www.fuellhalter.de/index.php/de/Zubehoer-Omas/l-KAT114). If you don't speak any German, Google Translate should be helpful enough to get through the purchasing process. If this isn't the case, let me know, and I'll help you.

Vielen dank!

SIR
June 20th, 2016, 01:34 AM
available here (http://www.fuellhalter.de/index.php/de/Zubehoer-Omas/l-KAT114)

They have some good prices on new Pelikans too!

FredRydr
June 22nd, 2016, 02:44 PM
Empty Omas bottles may just end up in antiques markets before long. I like the shape. I decanted the contents of the only one I have into an old MB bottle, then washed it and added it to my ink well collection.

Fred

Chrissy
June 22nd, 2016, 03:35 PM
The problem that I experienced was that I couldn't continue to checkout, as something came up in red before that happened. I asked the site owner, but all he said was 'Can you pay by PayPal?' :( Well, if I could get to checkout, that would presumably be a choice that I might have.....

Red Harry N. G.
June 25th, 2016, 10:03 PM
The problem that I experienced was that I couldn't continue to checkout, as something came up in red before that happened. I asked the site owner, but all he said was 'Can you pay by PayPal?' :( Well, if I could get to checkout, that would presumably be a choice that I might have.....

Maybe you could try again and – if still not successful – make a print screen and share it here?

I tried, and everything seems to work fine for me.

(Also, sorry for not replying earlier.)