PDA

View Full Version : Hi there!!

Toffer
January 18th, 2013, 06:24 AM
Hi guys
I have already wrote a post on the Lamy section of your forum but thought I should say hi on the main section. I received a red Lamy safari for christmas and a bottle of their black ink that I wanted mainly for sketching, but since then I have now got addicted to looking at different inks and pens! I keep looking at the Goulet pens website at their ink drop (of which I'm waiting for the January selection to be delivered) and sites like cult pens and the writing desk for delivery here in the UK! I added to my Safari collection yesterday with an apple green one and am now eyeing up a charcoal one, although I think my wife might have something to say if I bought one now! May have to wait for that until my birthday in march.

Anyways thanks for the website and hopefully any future help I may need!

On a side note does anyone know when Lamy will release the colour they are using for this years special edition safari?

Sailor Kenshin
January 18th, 2013, 10:58 AM
Welcome aboard, fellow Safari user. My little collection includes the Apple with B nib, a red F, a charcoal 1.1, a blue M, a yellow XF, and last year's Aqua, also B. I know there is also shiny black and a white, but don't have those yet.

I thought I read that the new color might be released, or at least named, in March.

writingrav
January 18th, 2013, 11:00 AM
Welcome to Geekworld

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

KrazyIvan
January 18th, 2013, 11:31 AM
Oh, you've got it bad. :D

Welcome to the dark side.

Bogon07
January 19th, 2013, 06:10 PM
Hi Toffer and welcome to the FPG forum. You are finding out as I did that you can't have just one Safari.
There is a big thread over on FPN about Safari colours. http://www.fountainpennetwork.com/forum/index.php?/topic/22180-lamy-safari-colours/ I saw somewhere that the Safari 2013 colour maybe a fluro yellow !!! As Sailor Kensin says it maybe named around Feb or March.

Joys and Al-Stars (Dan Smith advised the new Al-Star will be a Pearl/champagne colour) also use the same nibs as the Safari and Goulet Pens has some helpful links on cleaning and changing nibs.

The Charcoal Safari has a nice matt & textured surface and a black nib which makes it standout from the rest of the Safari collection; I'm sure you will not regret purchasing one.

UK has some good sellers including Coln Gallery, Pilotfish/OnlinePenCo, WritingDesk for Lamy pens.

auto winder
January 20th, 2013, 04:02 AM
Welcome :welcome:

fountainpenkid
January 20th, 2013, 07:01 AM
Welcome!