PDA

View Full Version : Robert Oster Signature Inks

NickiStew
June 8th, 2016, 06:38 AM
Just look at these beauties! Ink samples very kindly sent to me by Claudia! Robert Oster Signature Inks.
The words will have to follow later tonight, but in the meantime, just drink in those gorgeous colours!
Full review will be at: https://quinkandbleach.wordpress.com/2016/06/08/robert-oster-signature-inks-test/

jar
June 8th, 2016, 06:52 AM
Who is Robert Oster?

migo984
June 8th, 2016, 08:55 AM
Who is Robert Oster?

Maker of fairly new line of inks here in Australia. They are generally quite good but like all ink lines, vary in quality and performance. Some are excellent (I like Deep Sea, Jade, Khaki) and some are less attractive (his red range is not so good - too watery for my tastes. Burgundy & Copper are awful).
They are good value for money, even though his prices went up recently. Currently AUS$9.99 for 50 ml. Sells internationally.

snoopy
June 8th, 2016, 03:21 PM
I picked up seven of them directly from him and have found them to be very good. The red I picked up was Royal Red which is nice enough, but perhaps a little dull for some tastes - it's a straight up red really. I haven't tried Burgundy or Fire Engine Red but have read that they are fine, but not exciting. His blues and greens are excellent although I did find Deep Sea produced a tiny touch of bleed on Tomoe River paper.

VegHead
June 9th, 2016, 08:00 PM
Just received seven Robert Oster Signature inks as follows: Yellow Sunset, Red Orange,Tranquility, Jade, Emerald, Evergreen and Blue Denim.

Pira
June 13th, 2016, 06:14 PM
Just received seven Robert Oster Signature inks as follows: Yellow Sunset, Red Orange,Tranquility, Jade, Emerald, Evergreen and Blue Denim.

I look forward to your opinion on them. I have an order with Robert and they are currently winging their way over the my side of the planet: Moss , Jade, Khakhi, Deep Sea, Blue Night, Aqua and Olive green.

Expect many Aussie Ink trees :)