PDA

View Full Version : Pen cleaning

lpbh25
January 21st, 2013, 06:31 AM
Does anyone know where I can buy the syringes and stuff that Stephen Brown mentions in his 'pen cleaning' videos? I know that Goulet Pens sell them, but is there anywhere in the UK that I can get them?

snedwos
January 21st, 2013, 07:02 AM
Try a chemist, maybe? I never tried to find one myself.

Bogon07
January 21st, 2013, 02:54 PM
Try a chemist, maybe? I never tried to find one myself.

I had no luck with several chemists and had to order them from Goulet Pens (I recall you get two in a packet plus blunt needles).

The closest I could get from a chemist was an eye-dropper with a slender point which was not as fast or easy as a syringe.

You could possibly also source them from a DIY inkjet printer refill kit.

snedwos
January 21st, 2013, 03:32 PM
For a short time what I used was the bulb from one of those joke flowers that squirt water at people who try to smell them. It happend to fit my Waterman very very snugly. But the plastic split :(

earthdawn
January 21st, 2013, 10:49 PM
Goulets have what you need...

http://www.gouletpens.com/Writing_Accessories_s/735.htm

Blunt end syringes, Bulb syringe and Silicone Grease

Definatly cheap enough and they all last a LONG time !!!

KrazyIvan
January 22nd, 2013, 09:09 AM
Goulet's as mentioned, isellpens.com and your local drug store. Just ask for a blunt needle. The bulb syringe for cleaning can also be sourced at a drug store.

caribbean_skye
February 2nd, 2013, 09:51 PM
When I went looking for blunt needles I asked at the local drug store and was told I needed a Rx. Even after I re-stated that it was blunt needles I was told that I need a Rx but they mentioned they don't have blunt ones anyway. Didn't realise it was such an issue. At the time I didn't think about Goulet's and ended up buying mine via Amazon instead.

beejay
February 4th, 2013, 04:34 AM
Boots sell an ear syringe kit including the drops bit it does also include a 30 or 50mm rubber bulb type syringe.
It cost around £8, not cheap but its there. You can also use empty syringes .(needle type but without the needle of course) which should be available from chemists.
Beejay

Mags
February 5th, 2013, 03:50 AM
The Pharmacy or likely "chemist" as I see above will sell the syringes. They will stock a selection for diabetics but once every 6 months I purchase one and stick the old inky one in the sharp drop box if they have one ....they almost always do. Silicone grease was at my local Home Hardware for $4 in the plumbing section. As for the bulb filler which is just an infant nasal syringe for snot sucking try any and all yard sales....and the pharmacy for about $9 or that would be what... about 4 euros.

Richard Binder sells these items I think also for mail order delivery at a small mark up but posts to your door so all good and you can get a nib smoothing kit, chelac, talc and replacement sacs all in the same tiny parcel.