PDA

View Full Version : FS: A Summer Weekend Tray of Inexpensive Pens!

tmenyc
June 16th, 2016, 10:52 AM
This has been up here too long.. I'll offer a 10% discount for any purchase, 20% for any two or more.
I’m new here but not to the other boards, directed here by a couple of Big Apple Pen Club friends who told me I needed to be here too. Was up far too late last night reading this board and much like the lightness and friendliness. Happy to be here!
As an inaugural topic, seeing that FPGeekers respect and like inexpensive pens, I’m restoring and selling a growing number of pens for a collector, so am clearing out the inexpensive ones now while restoring the others. Normally, I carefully restore pens, then do a lot of photography and post pens with longer descriptions and writing samples on my timsvintagepens.com website, which you’re welcome to visit, but these pens will not be found there. Also, while these pens have been flushed, tested, and cleaned, they have not been restored or polished. As far as I know, none of these pens have actually been used, except to test for filling and writing. They are priced to move to you…

https://c4.staticflickr.com/8/7678/27711032075_cba94c3d7b_z.jpg

1. Waterman Laureat, in black: Attractive pen; black lacquer over brass, 1990’s, France. Smooth, wet medium. Nib has some plating loss and corrosion that does not appear to affect writing. C/C filler. $40
2. Sheaffer, model unidentified: probable 1950s-60s. Chrome hood over gray plastic body, section. Nib is a fine, steel, partly hooded. Cartridge filler. $10
3. Noodlers Creaper: in turquoise, fine flex steel nib, piston filler, fills well. $10
4. No-Name1: probably German piston filler; attractive striped plastic body, clear view window, nib is surprisingly large, possibly Bock, steel fine flex. $35
5. Yafa, model unknown, in marbled blue acrylic over brass, converter filled, two-tone medium/broad nib, good writer. $35
6. Yafa, model unknown, in hornrim acrylic over brass, converter filled, two-tone medium/broad nib, good writer. Has unresolved cap crack that looks stable. $25
7. Conklin Symetrik (by Rosenberg): very attractive blue resin, chrome trim. Unmarked long fine nib. Converter filled. $30
8. Conklin Duragraph (by Yafa): large pen, cracked ice resin, chrome trim. Conklin stub nib. Converter filled. $35 SOLD
9. Northpoint Aria: unusual pen, all chrome over steel, quite substantial. Probably Chinese. Nib is a fine/medium, marked Germany; Schmidt converter. $25
10. Nistiiv Flower: shorter pen, cap is black lacquer over brass; barrel engraved brass. India made. Nib is a fine. Probably unused except for test. $20 SOLD
11. No-Name #2: Battleship grey, probable lacquer over brass, very substantial pen in size and weight. Fine nib, cartridge filler. Probably Chinese. $20
12. Hero 1117: black lacquer over brass, gold trim. Chinese. Nib is marked “Hero M”. $10

Payment by paypal, plus $4 shipping, first class tracked to domestic US, shipping available to other countries at cost. I’ll happily combine shipping, and offer a 10% discount for purchase of any pen in this listing and 20% discount for the purchase of any 2+ pens. These pens are sold as is, no returns. To purchase, please contact me here or by email to timsvintagepens@gmail.com .

Thanks!

Tim

(edited to reflect date of #2 ,thanks to MrCharlie, and origin of #7, thanks to the consigner; and to offer discount)

tmenyc
June 17th, 2016, 10:01 AM
I need to correct an error in the listing:
#7, the Conklin Symetrik, was not made by Yafa. It pre-dates Yafa's ownership of the Conklin name, and was produced by the prior owners, the Rosenbergs.

Tim

mrcharlie
June 17th, 2016, 09:13 PM
2. Sheaffer, model unidentified: probable 1970s-80s. Chrome hood over gray plastic body, section. Nib is a fine, steel, partly hooded. Cartridge filler. $10

I think these were all made in the late 1950s and the 1960s. Does the clib and/or nib say "Sheaffer" or "SheafferS" (usually with the large S at the end)? If SheafferS then it predates the change in name used on the logos after the sale of the company to Textron in 1966; I think the name change was effected no later than 1968. All my 1970s+ pens just say Sheaffer on the clips and/or nibs.

tmenyc
June 18th, 2016, 05:29 AM
Many thanks! It has the large S, with ' on the clip, so that makes it '60s?

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

mrcharlie
June 18th, 2016, 04:40 PM
1960's at the latest, if "Sheafer's" or "Sheafer'S". I know the more basic "cartridge pen" came out in '55 or '56, I think '55. I'm not sure what year this type was first offered, but I think it was still 1950's from various scans of magazine ads I've seen.

tmenyc
July 8th, 2016, 06:47 PM
time to bump this...discounts still available...