PDA

View Full Version : SOLD WTS: Soennecken 1 - Export Version of 111 Extra - Original 14k EEF (XXF) Nib

Z-Tab
June 18th, 2016, 09:21 PM
I'm offering up a Soennecken 1 for sale, which is a later version of the revered 111 Extra that was made for export. The main difference between the 111 Extra and the 1 is that the 1 has a regular piston, not the 111/222 series' more mechanically complicated click piston.

Here are some pictures, including a writing sample. LINK TO PICTURES (http://imgur.com/a/zh7PJ)

This one has a very large (just shy of #8 size) 14k EEF nib, which is Extra Extra Fine (XXF). See the pictures for a very quick writing sample. The nib is currently set up as a fairly dry writer, which I think suits a nib this fine, but some users might want to get it tuned to their preferences.

The cork is in good shape, the piston operates properly and the pen takes and holds ink/water. This is ready to write.

The thin cap band is totally loose and can be moved around quite a bit. That's a repair that is well beyond my abilities. The rest of the pen is in good, user condition. There are a few minor scratches and dings, but nothing terrible. No cracks that I can see on the body or cap.

My asking price, given the user condition, is a very fair $SOLD within the US. International is possible, at cost with tracking (this can hit $75+ for some countries where FedEx is necessary). Payment by Paypal only.