PDA

View Full Version : new fpgeeks Sailor group!

SIR
June 20th, 2016, 01:56 AM
Some say Sailor make the best nibs...
others, that they make the best inks.

What is for sure is that Sailor have been producing writing instruments for over a hundred years, and have established more than a cult following amongst fountain pen lovers.

Come join the fun and share news, gossip, photos, thoughts, and your own Sailor made creations at fpgeek's Sailor of Japan club!

http://fpgeeks.com/forum/group.php?groupid=6

Chrissy
June 20th, 2016, 04:44 AM
Good luck with the new group. I wish you great success :)

penwash
June 20th, 2016, 05:42 AM
At the moment, only members of the group can see links or photos.
May want to relax that a bit.

jar
June 20th, 2016, 06:54 AM
What is a group and why does FPGeeks have groups?

Laura N
June 20th, 2016, 07:16 AM

I actually wondered the same things.

Specifically, how would one watch your group's posts or participate, etc? Does it work differently than the regular forum? And why choose to form a group rather than just make regular posts? Just curious -- I literally had no idea there were even groups. :)

SIR
June 20th, 2016, 08:11 AM
Good luck with the new group. I wish you great success :)
Thanks Chrissy!

At the moment, only members of the group can see links or photos.
May want to relax that a bit.
Noted, I will look in to that, thanks!

I actually wondered the same things.

Specifically, how would one watch your group's posts or participate, etc? Does it work differently than the regular forum? And why choose to form a group rather than just make regular posts? Just curious -- I literally had no idea there were even groups. :)

I just discovered them t'other day. I don't know why they exist (or don't exist, particularly if you can't see them ;)), but since I found a Montblanc group I decided there needed to be a Sailor group.

To be honest, it doesn't look like the other groups have had much involvement from their members since their inception, however, I will try to make things a bit different with the Sailor group.

My initial thoughts are that it makes sense as a central knowledge and resource hub, particularly with regular turnover and changes Sailor's boutique exclusive and even own range of inks have.

migo984
June 20th, 2016, 09:29 AM
I just discovered them t'other day. I don't know why they exist (or don't exist, particularly if you can't see them ;)), but since I found a Montblanc group I decided there needed to be a Sailor group.

To be honest, it doesn't look like the other groups have had much involvement from their members since their inception, however, I will try to make things a bit different with the Sailor group.

My initial thoughts are that it makes sense as a central knowledge and resource hub, particularly with regular turnover and changes Sailor's boutique exclusive and even own range of inks have.

I agree.nI understand issue about access, but I've joined (& posted there) & think it's a good idea. Especially given that the Search facility on here is pretty poor. It will keep a lot of relevant info easily accessible in one place. Doesn't mitigate against posting, and linking to, info in regular threads & posts.

Will need regular promotion & management as the Groups facility on here is rather obscure!

SIR
June 20th, 2016, 09:42 AM
I've joined (& posted there) & think it's a good idea. Especially givn that the Search facility on here is pretty poor. It will keep a lot of relevant info easily accessible in one place. Doesn't mitigate against posting, and linking to, info in regular threads & posts.

Will need regular promotion & management as the Groups facility on here is rather obscure!

Cheers Migo and welcome on board!

I think a lot more could be done with the groups, and think that some threads that already exist, for example the London Geeks Gathering, could be better served by a group.

Laura N
June 20th, 2016, 10:07 AM

Got it! What a nice idea, and I am happy to join.

So, I had no idea these existed, and maybe others don't either. To find these going forward, what I do is pull down the menu titled Community and click on Groups. Do I have that right?

-Laura

SIR
June 20th, 2016, 10:22 AM
Yeah, you got it Laura - welcome aboard!

Chrissy
June 20th, 2016, 10:38 AM
I would like to join too. How do I do that?

SIR
June 20th, 2016, 10:50 AM
Click 'community' from the tab along the top of the page and then 'groups', find the group, and click 'join'!

Crazyorange
June 20th, 2016, 11:22 AM
Can you join through tap Talk?

SIR
June 20th, 2016, 12:07 PM
I have no idea, why not?

Crazyorange
June 25th, 2016, 05:05 AM
Do you know how I can join through tap talk?

SIR
June 25th, 2016, 05:57 AM
I don't...
Anyone?

Crazyorange
June 25th, 2016, 06:11 AM
Maybe that part of the forum doesn't exist on tap talk. ....but I'm not tech savvy.

SIR
June 25th, 2016, 06:23 AM
I have sent you an invite, so maybe you can find that and access through there?

Terie_Benjamin
June 25th, 2016, 07:18 AM
I can't find it

jar
June 25th, 2016, 08:03 AM
I can't find it

You need to be logged in at the forum and then look under "Community".

SIR
June 25th, 2016, 09:43 AM
Thank you jar!

Crazyorange
June 26th, 2016, 07:38 AM
I'm guessing that section of the forum is not accessible via tap talk. Thanks for the help.

SIR
June 26th, 2016, 07:53 AM
I'm guessing that section of the forum is not accessible via tap talk. Thanks for the help.

I can't find it

According to jar, it is...

Terie_Benjamin
June 26th, 2016, 07:54 AM
I cannot find it in tapatalk

jar
June 26th, 2016, 08:24 AM
I can't find it

Well jar is not so sure anymore. In fact jar simply does not understand TapaTalk or why it even exists it seems.

But it is available through a browser on mobile phones.

Terie_Benjamin
June 26th, 2016, 08:33 AM
Lol

Crazyorange
June 26th, 2016, 08:43 AM
I can't find it

Well jar is not so sure anymore. In fact jar simply does not understand TapaTalk or why it even exists it seems.

But it is available through a browser on mobile phones.

That's ok jar. Sam has the same problems. Sam happens to understand tap talk but not other techie things[emoji6]

Sailor Kenshin
June 26th, 2016, 12:26 PM
Sailor does not know why Tapatalk ™®© even exists.

Crazyorange
June 26th, 2016, 12:32 PM
Sailor does not know why Tapatalk [emoji769][emoji768][emoji767] even exists.

Lol..well Sam does. Tap talk exists for the lazy forum person who wants as many forums under one app. The app alerts you to each forum's activity, so you don't need to look at each forum separately.

Sailor Kenshin
June 26th, 2016, 01:37 PM

Lol..well Sam does. Tap talk exists for the lazy forum person who wants as many forums under one app. The app alerts you to each forum's activity, so you don't need to look at each forum separately.

That's what email's for. :p

Crazyorange
June 26th, 2016, 03:03 PM

That's what email's for. :p

[emoji23]

KBeezie
July 2nd, 2016, 02:56 PM
I declined the invitation because I do not own a Sailor.

catbert
July 2nd, 2016, 04:26 PM
I accepted because I might own one someday. :) Developing symptoms of acute oneofeverythingitis.

snowbear
July 2nd, 2016, 06:00 PM
I joined because I was invited and want to own a sailor.

jar
July 2nd, 2016, 06:27 PM
I ignore spam, even PM spam.

Zaida
August 8th, 2016, 09:23 AM
I just joined. :thank_you2:

Waski_the_Squirrel
August 9th, 2016, 04:13 PM
I got the PM (and can't get rid of it). I'm curious about the brand, but I don't have much experience with it.

SIR
January 31st, 2017, 02:12 PM
Anyone need an invite to the group or would like to recommend someone else, please pm me.

Inky Poops
February 7th, 2017, 12:40 AM
I don't use Tapatalk, ( actually I view this forum on my battered 1st generation iPad that refuses to die).

I do have a Sailor 1911 'Black Lustre' and I have to say that it's easily the smoothest writer I've ever used. I went for the fine nib, it's practically a needle, but on Tomoe river and other quality paper the flow and feel are exquisite. In fact I find sometimes the nib is running away from me and I have to write a touch more slowly.

Vespagirl
February 20th, 2017, 03:12 PM
I wonder why the group doesn't show up with the other brand focus groups under pens on Taptalk, but I do not know much about the setup of these things.

I recently got a Sailor 1911 and I am in love with it. It is a wonderfully smooth writer and even the FM is fine enough for poor quality paper.

It is such a lovely pen to write with, I keep looking for excuses to use it more and more. Oh, how I dream of getting more Sailors.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SIR
February 20th, 2017, 03:32 PM
Hi Vespa,
Groups are found under 'community' along the top of the page.
;)

KKay
February 26th, 2017, 10:42 PM
Troll much? Good, his posts disappeared.