PDA

View Full Version : Yet another Newbie from UK!

Potter
January 22nd, 2013, 04:42 AM
Hi Guys

Just to announce I've arrived in FP Geeks land, I've used FP's since school, (Parkers'n'Shaeffers), had a spell with ballpoints (Ulph.. sorry) now I'm semi retired I've rediscovered the joys of FP ownership. Enjoy all the comments on the site, I've only a limited budget, so like to see the reports on more budget lines, just brought a couple of Nemosine Singularities from US, (Xfountainpens, Cardinal red and clear demo), the've just arrived here and I'm finding them very good indeed, took the plunge in ordering from US after seeing Stephen Browns review on Youtube.

Not quite sure how this all works on these forum thingies so please excuse any howlers I might make!?

I also enjoy photography and as we've currently snowed up in my part of the UK, I unable to get out and about, so I'll post a couple of pics of some of my pens in the relevant section soon.

Happy writing
Potter

auto winder
January 22nd, 2013, 05:19 AM
Welcome! :welcome:

KrazyIvan
January 22nd, 2013, 08:41 AM
Welcome to the dark side Potter. Looking forward to your photo posts. If you need any help with posting those photos, feel free to ask. :)

SEBENZA
January 22nd, 2013, 08:42 AM
hello just seen other post , nice pens and photography .

fountainpenkid
January 23rd, 2013, 01:33 PM
Welcome! Its great to have you on the board!

lpbh25
January 23rd, 2013, 02:02 PM
Welcome Potter. I have just joined this week. I am eagerly awaiting my first Noodler's Flex from PurePens. Glad to see another UK member. Kind regards.

Bogon07
January 23rd, 2013, 02:45 PM
Hello Potter and welcome to the FPG forum.

Potter
January 24th, 2013, 01:53 AM
Thanks for kind greetings, much appreciated. For me the most interesting thing about my new hobby is working out when a pen is scratchy and when it's feedback, any advice?

lpbh25, I also got a Noddlers Ahab flex pen for Christmas, my son brought it from Pure Pens for me, I asked for a clear one, but they had sold out, so I got an orange one instead, I enjoy using it, but am finding the flex idea a bit weird still, get lots of railroading!

lpbh25
January 24th, 2013, 10:03 AM
Hi Potter;

Regarding the scratchy nib ... Stephen Brown actually has a video about fine-tuning your nib, I think he mentions someone called Richard Binder in this video. Here is a link to his site: http://richardspens.com/

Here is the video from Stephen Brown on 'fine-tuning' your nib: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i5NImdKrE1k

Good luck with the Noodler's Flex. I am wondering whether to splash out on a bottle of Noodler's ink. They seem very pricey, but you do get alot of ink for your money. They question is WHICH COLOUR? LOL.

Kind regards,

Leigh

KrazyIvan
January 24th, 2013, 11:16 AM
Is it scratchy or feedback? It is highly subjective and really your preference. I grind/smooth my nibs to what I like.

caribbean_skye
February 2nd, 2013, 02:43 PM
Welcome welcome.

earthdawn
February 3rd, 2013, 12:54 AM
Welcome... and since your new to forums we will take it easy ;)

Awesome to here you are into photography as well... around here no matter how many pictures of pens you see, no matter what pen or how many pictures there may be of a particular pen ... WE LOVE PICS !!!

Feel free to share as many photos as you like.

Now as far as budget pens you are in luck as there is quite a lot out these days that are very good. As well as many people who are restoring pens that you can get at some great prices. You don't need to spend a lot to get a lot. Not that many us us follow that statement. You wil learn quickly that many of us suffer from "PAD" thats Pen Acquisition Disorder lol

caribbean_skye
February 3rd, 2013, 10:23 AM
You wil learn quickly that many of us suffer from "PAD" thats Pen Acquisition Disorder lol

Ooooh I may have to borrow this, add that to my already growing list of acronyms I suffer from :)

Pendora
February 3rd, 2013, 12:17 PM
Welcome Potter. Lots of nice folks here and great information. Have an awesome day!