PDA

View Full Version : Hello from Vienna

Kaveh
June 20th, 2016, 12:27 PM
Hello Everyone!

I am Kaveh from Vienna, Austria. I have been here for quite some time and I decided to introduce myself and be active. Reading the forum was very helpful so far, especially with choosing inks by reading the excellent reviews and restoring pens.

I started using fountain pens as a child as it was mandatory in elementary school here in Austria. After elementary school I switched to ballpoints and rollerballs as I thought it is "cooler" to use them because all the adults were using them. And yes... I was wrong. So, about a year ago I found my old fountain pen from school and I decided to give it a try. Since then my addiction started. So a year later my collection consists of 30 fountain pens. A few months ago I started buying and restoring vintage pens. In general I like them more than modern pens.

Anne
June 20th, 2016, 12:49 PM
Welcome Kaveh! I love how tough and longlasting these school pens are.

Kaveh
June 20th, 2016, 01:02 PM
Hi Anne! It was a Lamy AL-Star. I flushed it, put a new cartridge in and it wrote right away! Perfect pen for school.

Anne
June 20th, 2016, 01:25 PM
Hi Anne! It was a Lamy AL-Star. I flushed it, put a new cartridge in and it wrote right away! Perfect pen for school.

Oh I absolutely love them. I was going to ask you if you knew what brand it was:) I have found Kaweco to be just as reliable.

jar
June 20th, 2016, 01:27 PM
Welcome home. Pull up a stump and set a spell.

Hawk
June 20th, 2016, 03:24 PM
Welcome.

Bisquitlips
July 6th, 2016, 09:33 PM
Hi!!!

We are glad you are here with us!

Welcome from Missouri!

:welcome:

I hear music!!! ..... Yes...

Frank
July 6th, 2016, 09:39 PM