PDA

View Full Version : Pen Posse I'm Already Sick of Ink Edition

AltecGreen
June 20th, 2016, 08:05 PM
We made good progress last Saturday. We will finalize the 2016 ink list at the Posse. There was a lot of good feedback on what inks to have. We'll probably start planning for the washimageddon event the following week. Sqeee!!!

Sunday June 26th

1:00 pm

Peter's Cafe

10 El Camino Real

Millbrae, CA 94030

Jerome Tarshis
June 22nd, 2016, 02:21 PM
If someone attending the meeting collects Italian pens (???): As a Parker 51 fan I have long been curious about the short if not hidden nibs of the Aurora 88 and its descendants. One hears people say they were better than 51 nibs. Certainly springier, though far from 1920s flex. If I were to reach out for one of those pens it might well be the Archivi Storici, with (I think) an Aurora M nib. I don't know whether that whole line of nibs changed seriously or, like 51 nibs, remained pretty much the same for the whole length of the run.

Can someone, I mention no names, bring one or two of those for me to try at Peter's?

AltecGreen
June 24th, 2016, 09:06 PM
I will ask. I think Brian has one. I rarely buys pens from that era.

There a lot of variations on the Aurora 88 because it was made for a long time. The nibs did change over time so it depends on what you are looking for.