PDA

View Full Version : Upcoming Montblanc William Shakespeare Velvet Red Ink

Laura N
June 23rd, 2016, 07:20 AM
There are some photos available now of the upcoming Montblanc William Shakespeare Velvet Red ink, which will be issued in connection with the Shakespeare Writers Edition pens.

Here is a link to the Reddit thread with photos (and links): https://www.reddit.com/r/fountainpens/comments/4pe4bk/new_montblanc_release_shakespeare_velvet_red/

I'm fan of red inks, and of Montblanc red inks in particular, and to me the Shakespeare ink looks gorgeous.

SIR
June 23rd, 2016, 07:31 AM
Nice, thanks for the heads up Laura!
Any idea when?

Laura N
June 23rd, 2016, 08:00 AM
Nice, thanks for the heads up Laura!
Any idea when?

A friend thinks maybe as early as late July, early August.

I know the Chicago Montblanc Boutique is previewing the Shakespeare pens over the July 4th weekend, which is unfortunate timing for me. Maybe I could ask them, though.

SIR
June 23rd, 2016, 08:09 AM
I don't like those round bottles but I quite like the Velvet Red colour... still need to exchange my Golden Yellow sometime too.

Chrissy
June 23rd, 2016, 09:10 AM
I saw 'fountainpagan' show pictures from her bottle on a thread 'over there.'

It looks gorgeous. I'm definitely buying a bottle of that. :p

Chrissy
June 23rd, 2016, 09:16 AM
I just phoned the boutique that I usually buy my inks from and I was advised they might not get it until August. :cry:

top pen
June 23rd, 2016, 09:16 AM
Nice colour, will probably buy a bottle. Shame its not in the square bottle.

migo984
June 23rd, 2016, 09:17 AM
Expected to be available sometime during August, according to Joost Appelboom, but fountainpagan got hers from a Mb shop that seems to have got early stocks, hence her photo. This ink was on the list of forthcoming releases posted & then banned by FPN earlier in the year.

Chrissy
June 23rd, 2016, 09:19 AM
I thought that the round bottles were usually 35ml rather than the 30ml square bottles. So that may be enough compensation. :)

Laura N
June 23rd, 2016, 09:27 AM
I saw 'fountainpagan' show pictures from her bottle on a thread 'over there.'

It looks gorgeous. I'm definitely buying a bottle of that. :p

Where? I couldn't find it in the Inky section or the MB section. Plus, it hasn't been released, so I can't believe they'll let it stay up over there. Well, whatever, maybe there's an exception; I can't keep up with that many rules, so I don't even try. :)

Anyway, I didn't mean to steal her thunder, but I didn't see it here or there. Sorry if I stepped on anyone's toes -- just trying to spread the news. :)

Laura N
June 23rd, 2016, 09:28 AM
August is soon!

fountainpagan
June 23rd, 2016, 09:56 AM
I got it at a regular Montblanc shop, Laura, that is openly, and oficially selling it.

That Redit photo, is my photo, posted at FPN, not kesavabelletty's. That is my writing sampler with the Shakespeare ink.
Before posting, I asked the seller if I was getting the ink before hand, because she is gentle to me, or if the ink was being sold at the shop. She said they were selling it, and that no intructions for not doing it until August (when the pen will be released) were given to them.
I know, though, that not all shops got it yet.

It is here, Laura:
http://www.fountainpennetwork.com/forum/topic/114410-what-inks-are-you-waiting-for-in-the-mail/page-91
I didn't make a real review.

bjmoose
June 23rd, 2016, 10:03 AM
I'm thinkin' the main question would be: Did the Bard use red ink for composing his works or just for correcting his works?

Laura N
June 23rd, 2016, 11:35 AM
I got it at a regular Montblanc shop, Laura, that is openly, and oficially selling it.

That Redit photo, is my photo, posted at FPN, not kesavabelletty's. That is my writing sampler with the Shakespeare ink.
Before posting, I asked the seller if I was getting the ink before hand, because she is gentle to me, or if the ink was being sold at the shop. She said they were selling it, and that no intructions for not doing it until August (when the pen will be released) were given to them.

It is here, Laura:
http://www.fountainpennetwork.com/forum/topic/114410-what-inks-are-you-waiting-for-in-the-mail/page-91

Oh thank you for the link. I hope you don't mind -- I had no idea it was yours from that Reddit post, and I wouldn't want you to think I was trying to preempt your posting here. But I only checked the Montblanc and Inky Thoughts forums. :)

You are so lucky to have it, and it was so nice of you to post it online. I'm looking forward to getting a bottle myself. :)

Laura N
June 23rd, 2016, 11:37 AM
I'm thinkin' the main question would be: Did the Bard use red ink for composing his works or just for correcting his works?

How about this?

Sonnet 130

My mistress' eyes are nothing like the sun;
Coral is far more red than her lips' red;
If snow be white, why then her breasts are dun;
If hairs be wires, black wires grow on her head.
I have seen roses damask'd, red and white,
But no such roses see I in her cheeks;
And in some perfumes is there more delight
Than in the breath that from my mistress reeks.
I love to hear her speak, yet well I know
That music hath a far more pleasing sound;
I grant I never saw a goddess go;
My mistress, when she walks, treads on the ground:
And yet, by heaven, I think my love as rare
As any she belied with false compare.

top pen
June 23rd, 2016, 11:44 AM

I thought that the round bottles were usually 35ml rather than the 30ml square bottles. So that may be enough compensation. :)

Bit of a dumb question but are the round bottles plastic or glass?

fountainpagan
June 23rd, 2016, 11:49 AM
Oh thank you for the link.
I hope you don't mind -- I had no idea it was yours from that Reddit post, and I wouldn't want you to think I was trying to preempt your posting here. But I only checked the Montblanc and Inky Thoughts forums. :)

You are so lucky to have it, and it was so nice of you to post it online. I'm looking forward to getting a bottle myself. :)

You are welcome, Laura.

You have nothing to apologise for, Laura. You couldn't know. That kesavabellettys person is the indelicat one, not mentioning his/hers sources (I supose he/she needed a little moment of "in the light", even if "stolen"):facepalm:.

Thank you:). I am sure you will enjoy your bottle greatly - it is really a very rich and complex colour - my photo doesn't make justice to it.
The seller told me they were, already, having difficulty to obtain other bottles, in addition to the ones they have received.

Chrissy
June 23rd, 2016, 12:00 PM

Bit of a dumb question but are the round bottles plastic or glass?

Glass

FredRydr
June 23rd, 2016, 03:28 PM
I kinda like 50ml bottles better. I wonder why?

Fred

Chrissy
June 23rd, 2016, 03:30 PM

Fred

More ink for your money? :)

FredRydr
June 23rd, 2016, 03:37 PM

Fred

More ink for your money? :)

Shhhh! Montblanc might stop producing the big bottles if they discover our secret.

Fred

TSherbs
June 23rd, 2016, 05:04 PM

I heard that his fellow King's Men took it easy on him and made suggestions in green. ;)

TSherbs
June 23rd, 2016, 05:06 PM

How about this?

Sonnet 130

My mistress' eyes are nothing like the sun;
Coral is far more red than her lips' red;
If snow be white, why then her breasts are dun;
If hairs be wires, black wires grow on her head.
I have seen roses damask'd, red and white,
But no such roses see I in her cheeks;
And in some perfumes is there more delight
Than in the breath that from my mistress reeks.
I love to hear her speak, yet well I know
That music hath a far more pleasing sound;
I grant I never saw a goddess go;
My mistress, when she walks, treads on the ground:
And yet, by heaven, I think my love as rare
As any she belied with false compare.

lovely

but the woman's hair was wire, not "velvet" :)

earthdawn
June 23rd, 2016, 10:24 PM

It is here, Laura:

Can you ask them if they would ship a bottle to the US ????

Jon Szanto
June 23rd, 2016, 11:56 PM
Will they be giving away this ink for free, just for stopping by to look at some of their pens?

migo984
June 24th, 2016, 12:28 AM
Will they be giving away this ink for free, just for stopping by to look at some of their pens?

Yes, the ink is free when you stop by....... but they charge $100 to stand in front of their table.

Chrissy
June 24th, 2016, 05:18 AM

I would put money on them giving it away if you buy a Shakespeare FP, but otherwise I don't think they will. :)

FredRydr
June 24th, 2016, 07:44 AM
Jon, you gotta stop smoking that stuff.

Fred

Chrissy
June 24th, 2016, 07:46 AM
Jon, you gotta stop smoking that stuff.

Fred

HaHaHaHa :pound: Good one.

Laura N
June 24th, 2016, 08:03 AM
I vote "smoke away, Jon." The time is out of joint.

ETA: Hamlet, that was all I was referring to. I did not consider the double entendre there. :)

PenBoutique
July 13th, 2016, 10:27 AM
Hi All,

We just received in our first batch of Montblanc Shakespeare Red Velvet 35ml ink bottles. It's truly stunning and I've been using it all morning for my notes (perks of working at a pen store!). Feel free to place an order here (http://www.penboutique.com/montblanc-writers-edition-william-shakespeare-velvet-red-ink-bottle.html) or to give us a call at 410-992-3272.

Here's an ink swatch (https://imgur.com/zCTclUp)

Best,

Rachel
Pen Boutique

FredRydr
July 14th, 2016, 04:11 AM
The King of Prussia boutique has it, but I did not buy it. I have enough red ink as it is.

Fred

jacksterp
July 23rd, 2016, 03:24 PM
Can't make up my mind on this one.

Sorry Willie...

stub
July 31st, 2016, 07:09 AM
Ink of Love
Winter Glow
Hitchcock
Red Chalk
Corn Poppy Red

MB has made a crazy number of absolutely fantastic red inks in recent years. Looking forward to this one. Still enjoying the new Corn Poppy Red so much, that ink looks great and just has a wonderful feel on the page. MB's ink people really dig red apparently.

Chrissy
July 31st, 2016, 10:20 AM
I have bought a couple of bottles to keep me going. I missed out on buying Hitchcock, so I got in at the beginning with this one. :)

My favourite boutique has already sold out of their stock twice.;)