PDA

View Full Version : SOLD Big Sale: Pelikan M800s, M250s, M600/140, uncommon Bexleys, the odd Pilot

mrwh1609
June 24th, 2016, 07:29 PM
July 18 update and final reduction: down to FOUR great pens!

Here is a selection of only great pens--no issues whatsoever, all ultrasonically cleaned (except the NOS ones) and ready for your ink. I describe them in detail below, but questions are welcome.

Please forgive the jumbled formatting. I have posted on that other blue pen site since 2008, but I am still adjusting to FPG. I appreciate the informed folk here and will list pens only here to start, giving geeks first shot at these pens.

Prices below include USPS Priority Mail within the US. International shipping at cost.

First "I want it" PM holds a pen; first payment by PayPal takes it.

Taking pens out of order...

3 less-common Pelikan M800s

1.) M800 in red striated. SOLD Because the red striated barrels have been discontinued, maybe this one counts as a less-common M800. The original owner inked it twice, and I inked it once, so it is free of some of the usual microscratches. Rich red--great color. 18K BROAD nib. Original box has a bit of ink stain inside, but comes with box and all. $325 NOW $300 SOLD

2.) M800 in green striated. SOLD Nothing uncommon about a green stripey Pelikan! But I got this one NOS with a "PF" marked 18K MEDIUM nib. It is the only "PF" nib I have tried, so I cannot generalize about them, but I tell you that this is the softest/springiest M800 nib I have tried, and I own a 14K M800 nib. I sent to to Dan the Nibsmith, and he ground it to a luscious stub. It's a juicy nib--more a broad than a medium--and if it were .2mm narrower on the downstroke, I would keep it. Rather than ask Dan to grind it down further (which seems a crime), I offer it here. $375 NOW $350 Make that: $300 SOLD

3.) M800 in Blue o' Blue. SOLD This is the second of these I have bought--when will I learn that I hesitate to ink special editions? The previous owner inked this one a couple of times, but it shows no wear that I can see with my naked eye. But I did have to try that 18k DOUBLE-BROAD nib in another pen--it is smooth and stubbish. $450 NOW $400 SOLD

3 less-common Bexleys

1.) A Deluxe in cream acrylic with woodgrain ebonite ends and 10K solid gold cap band and clip. NOS. I bought this pen from an excellent collector, maybe on this very board. I cannot bring myself to ink it, but the 14K MEDIUM nib is a powerful temptation--I have a couple of these in more common pens, and they are splendid. This NOS pen comes in the Bexley wood box. It is #200 of 250 similar pens. $275 NOW $250 Make that: $225

2.) A Bexley 2009 Owners Club pen in red-swirl ebonite. SOLD 18K FINE nib. 116 of these red-swirl pens were produced in 2009, and they retailed for $395 back then. This one has been inked a handful of times and ships to you (without a box) for $195. NOW $185 SOLD

3.) A Bexley Scheherazade in sparkly blue-clear. SOLD This may have been Bexley's first piston-filler; it holds a good deal of ink. This material is lovely, unmarred by an imprint. The star, though, is the nib: it's a Bexley-branded BROAD steel nib that Richard Binder ground to a great stub of about .8 mm. If, like me, you shy away from broad nibs, don't let this one scare you off. It's smooth, even on cheap copier paper, and on good paper it provides great line variation. The nib was originally on a Bexley Americana, which means it has the little nipple for C/C pens, if you want to swap it out. Possibly a box, no papers. $185. SOLD

2 Pelikan M250 pens

1.) Amber demonstrator with a 14K FINE nib. This pen is NOS and ships in the original box with original papers. $200 NOW $185 Make that: $170

2.) A black M250 with a 14K FINE nib. SOLD I bought this nib from a budding nibmeister who ground down the shoulders of this Fine nib to provide more flex. I don't see the nib as any flexier than other M250 nibs, but I did install it in a NOS M250 pen, with that pristine derby cap. $130 NOW $100 Make that: $90--for a new body with a 14K nib! SOLD

1 Pelikan M600/M140

SOLD A frankenpen: Pendleton Brown repaired this semiflex EXTRA-FINE 14K nib from a Pelikan 140 (the collar was slipping). I installed it in a M600 pen, et voila: all of the fun of a 140 nib in a more substantial M600 body. $165 NOW $150 SOLD

1 Pilot

A Pilot Custom 74 demonstrator with a 14K MEDIUM nib, professionally ground to a super-smooth stub. If you're new to custom italics, this forgiving nib could be your gateway drug. Some spots of dried ink in the cap. Ships without a box but with a CON-70 converter. $100 NOW $85 Make that: $75

Thank you for reading this long, long post, and happy writing!

SIR
June 24th, 2016, 10:26 PM
Ok, now I want a Bexley!

Terie_Benjamin
June 25th, 2016, 05:00 AM
Ok, now I want a Bexley!
I love my bexleys. Great pens. I just got 2 in the last month

mrwh1609
June 25th, 2016, 07:22 AM
Ok, now I want a Bexley!

Bexleys are terrific! The company seems to have undergone some changes over the years--more modest materials and designs, for instance. Maybe as a result, older Bexleys are reasonably priced in the secondary market, so that you can find good deals on high-quality pens.

usk15
June 25th, 2016, 01:41 PM
Ok, now I want a Bexley!

Bexleys are terrific! The company seems to have undergone some changes over the years--more modest materials and designs, for instance. Maybe as a result, older Bexleys are reasonably priced in the secondary market, so that you can find good deals on high-quality pens.

But there are more affordable now, which is a win for the company and for customers!
I manage to get 2 Bexley for about £100.00 each.

cellardoor04
June 25th, 2016, 02:52 PM
Some really nice pens in here. I'm particularly tempted by the red M800 or BoB, but I must resist :) Good luck with your sale, I"m sure they'll go fast and I'll regret it everyday!

carlos.q
June 25th, 2016, 04:18 PM
Which one is the M600?

mrwh1609
June 25th, 2016, 04:48 PM
Thank you for the very kind words, cellardoor04. If you have regrets, I hope they don't take the form that mine usually do: resist buying one pen, and later buy four others. :)

My apologies, carlos.q, for omitting the photo of the M600. I was running out of space! I will try to include it now.

Edited to add: the M600/140 is now at the top of the post.

StacyBean
June 29th, 2016, 11:30 AM
I sent a PM re: the Red M800.

williamisthe1
June 29th, 2016, 12:14 PM
Does the M600/140 come with the original M600 Pelikan Box?

mrwh1609
June 29th, 2016, 12:15 PM
Does the M600/140 come with the original M600 Pelikan Box?

No, but I should be able to find a standard Pelikan box for it.

cellardoor04
June 29th, 2016, 03:36 PM
Thank you for the very kind words, cellardoor04. If you have regrets, I hope they don't take the form that mine usually do: resist buying one pen, and later buy four others. :)

Haha, that might've been the case a long time ago, but now my collection is focused on Pelikans, particularly M800s ;) Oh, if I wasn't going on holiday, one of these would be mine...

mrwh1609
July 18th, 2016, 05:57 PM
One last bump for reductions. Thanks to all!