PDA

View Full Version : Omas Arte Italiana Art Deco ~ Disassembled

earthdawn
June 25th, 2016, 08:39 AM
Just did a full strip down and cleaning this morning and thought it made for an interesting picture. This is not necessary to do and I do NOT recommend you do it.

Chrissy
June 25th, 2016, 10:25 AM
Amazing!!! Thanks for sharing that. :)

I have managed to work out how to lubricate the piston on my Omas Revelations, because when I was trying to get the nib and feed out, it unscrewed at the section. So that was really helpful.

I still don't know if that nib & feed screws out or pulls out though. :confused:

earthdawn
June 25th, 2016, 11:30 AM
Amazing!!! Thanks for sharing that. :)

I have managed to work out how to lubricate the piston on my Omas Revelations, because when I was trying to get the nib and feed out, it unscrewed at the section. So that was really helpful.

i still don't know if that nib & feed screws out or pulls out though. :confused:

Thats what happened to me and made me decide to take it apart. I tried pulling the nib but it was tight so i carefully gave a twist and the section gave way a little. I knew then it would unscrew. After that I saw the nib and feed pull out. I used goo gone and a toothbrush to clean off the adhesive. Everything came out super clean and nothing was forced apart. I was surprised how easy the pen is to fully service... and happy of course since OMAS is no longer around to do it.

Chrissy
June 25th, 2016, 12:34 PM
I have two Omas FP's. The Revelations and the Cinema. I have unscrewed both at the section and re-lubricated their pistons. The Cinema nib definitely unscrews, but I can't get the Revelations nib out.