PDA

View Full Version : Do Special Edition Montblancs come sealed in plastic?

KitsVancouver
June 26th, 2016, 07:20 PM
I just purchased a new Montblanc 90 Years Special Edition Rollerball (MB111532). From what I recall, all the special edition pens that I've purchased have arrived in shrink wrapped plastic but this pen did not. It has the white 3/4 cardboard sleeve over the orange box, but there is no additional shrink wrap.

If anyone else has purchased one of these pens, can you please let me know if you remember if yours had plastic shrink wrap on it?

da vinci
June 27th, 2016, 03:14 AM
I have the 90 rose gold and solitaire fountain pens. Pretty sure neither were cellophane wrapped when I got them brand new from an AD.

Bling72
August 9th, 2016, 07:25 AM
Can't answer the question, if you purchased the MB from an AD then there's no issues regarding it's authenticity. It should have a serial number which should be viewable at least with a magnifier glass. If the store already opened it from the original sealed plastic container, then ok it may of been handled. However as long as no ink has ever been put into it, it is as good as brand new.

You could of insisted that it come out from the original plastic container, they could of organised a new one to be shipped to you if that was of any concern of yours. I purchased a Starwalker in Singapore, and was asked to select from a series of serial numbers. All of them were sealed in a plastic casing which they removed before putting it in the packaging. The plastic can't really be passed on as valuable or essential, and most likely the only part that is disposable.

FredRydr
August 9th, 2016, 03:15 PM
Of new pens I've bought from Montblanc, none has ever been delivered sealed in plastic.

Fred

gwgtaylor
August 9th, 2016, 04:55 PM
Never had plastic on my 90th 149.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk