PDA

View Full Version : Lamy studio cap loosening?

MrPeeps
June 28th, 2016, 01:13 PM
I have a lamy studio which I use on a daily basis and have noticed lately that the cap has lost the strong click it had when I first bought it. As I mentioned I use the pen frequently but do take care of it and was wondering if it will get worse, if its a one off or if others have experienced this problem.
Thanks all, Luke
P.S just to emphasize the cap stays on it just seems to have lost some its click

KBeezie
June 29th, 2016, 05:29 AM
The little 'nubs' can start to wear out as it keeps going up and down the clutch ring. There are some DIY guides on disassembling the cap and applying something like a little electrical tape around the inner cap to make it tighter around the clutch. Though depending on how old the pen is, you can check with Lamy of your region to see if that's covered under warranty repair, where they would just replace the inner cap.

MrPeeps
June 29th, 2016, 08:48 AM
Thanks for the response! I did take the cap apart (there is a screw at the top) and examined the inside with a small reading light and the "nubs" dont appear to be too worn down. I do still think its under warranty so I will look into that.
Thanks, Luke