PDA

View Full Version : Franklin-Christoph

Takasnooze
June 29th, 2016, 01:42 PM
I've been on the waiting list for the Model 66 Stabilis in Italian Ice for a few weeks. I received the email today from FC that my name was up and to order the pen. I immediately did so and within minutes I received a shipping confirmation. Happy happy happy with the people at FC. Great customer service. This is my third FC pen.

SIR
June 29th, 2016, 02:14 PM
Agreed, excellent company - excellent products!

earthdawn
June 29th, 2016, 04:18 PM
Ahhh.... such a cool pen.

I remember being on the list for the coke bottle 66 and when my name came up i was all :crazy_pilot:

Your going to love the Italian Ice

congrats

stub
June 30th, 2016, 02:31 AM
Yeah when you are on this list it is pretty quiet. Then BAM it is in. They hold some nib options for you, and shipping is so blazingly fast I honestly have no idea how they do it. I ordered in Korea on a Friday and it was delivered on a Monday.

I was surprised how good their service was as my only previous experience with them was poor. I bought 2 pen cases and the finish on them was dreadful, dry dusty nasty looking. But they wouldn't take them back. Told me to keep using them and they would look better over time, months later they still feel all dry and chalky and look terrible. I asked again and they still insisted the leather will get better looking over time. Meh.

But the pen, a 66 stub is amazing.

I found it worked better after a cleaning. There was some machining residue coming of the threads and you could see some powder on the converter so I hit it with some water and dish soap, and now writes even better. I was too impatient to rinse it the first time. haha.