PDA

View Full Version : Seeking French P75 Replacement Section

morningtundra
June 30th, 2016, 08:56 AM
I'm looking for a replacement section for my French Cisele. The gold band is corroded.

This pen is marked "TE" (1985 Q1?) and the section features a serial number on the threaded end.

I'm wondering if anyone frequenting this forum might have one of these sections they're willing to part with for a reasonable price? I'd be willing to part exchange this one.

I've searched the Classifieds forum but couldn't find anything suitable (and made a similar post on fountainpennetwork).

On a side note, I've heard these bands might be replaceable without ditching the entire section. Can anyone confirm this or know how it might be done?

Thanks

catbert
June 30th, 2016, 09:54 PM
Have you tried Battersea Pen Home or Parker75.com for a replacement section?

morningtundra
July 1st, 2016, 04:53 AM
Have you tried Battersea Pen Home or Parker75.com for a replacement section?

Yes. Unfortunately drew a blank at both places. Cisele spare parts are becoming very scarce indeed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

catbert
July 1st, 2016, 08:21 AM
French 75 sections show up on eBay but it seems like it’s more often the ones with a thin gold trim ring and black collar. (Haven’t paid all that close attention because I’m looking for one with a silver collar and index markings.)

morningtundra
July 1st, 2016, 12:57 PM
There is a Section with silver band and index markings example here - http://www.ebay.com/itm/262483884709?_trksid=p2055119.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

No zero indicator though.

Seems to be about the going rate (US$50 inc. shipping)

catbert
July 1st, 2016, 04:59 PM
Yes, it’s on my watchlist along with a couple of others. Thanks.

I go back and forth about getting a replacement section. (It won’t be ‘my’ pen any more!) In the meantime I’ve got tape on the threads which seems to work pretty well.

morningtundra
July 1st, 2016, 06:09 PM
Are you the first owner of your Cisele (from new)?

catbert
July 1st, 2016, 07:19 PM
No, someone gave theirs to my uncle, who didn’t use fountain pens, and he gave it to me. I’ve had it since the late 1970s. It’s instantly comfortable and familiar in the hand. Reluctant to do anything that will change the character of the pen, though my ‘fix’ to the threads is inelegant. Even thought about retrofitting brass threads, though that would cost more than a new section. Am sentimental that way.

morningtundra
July 1st, 2016, 07:49 PM
Perhaps think of a Section replacement like a face lift, an upgrade or new tires and an oil change... It's no less yours for being kept in top condition. If the pen had a soul it would probably thank you for the new lease of life... I'd be very happy if someone could give me new eyes and knees and make me feel 20 years younger.

catbert
July 1st, 2016, 08:18 PM
I know what you mean. :) Certainly something to think about. Reminds me for some reason of those wooden temples that are hundreds (thousands?) of years old but constantly renovated so that little of the original remains. The process is part of the building too.