PDA

View Full Version : Lamy Nexx Coral for 2013

Bogon07
January 23rd, 2013, 06:13 PM
http://www.lamy.com/content/new_products/lamy_nexx_coral/index_eng.html

"Cap made of coral plastic" - I assume this is the regular plastic cap done in a coral colour which appears as a sort of orange-pinkish-red colour in the photo.

It is hard to get excited about this as the pen is the same old Nexx/NexxM body with just a different colour cap.

Lamy should really redesign a new metal cap for what is really a rather nice pen. The current plastic caps whilst servicable don't do the pen any favours and cheapen it.

Bogon07
February 8th, 2013, 10:58 PM
According to the Lamy 2013 catalogue list on KMPN's blog the nexx M olive will be replaced by a nexx M opal green this year. http://kmpn.blogspot.com.au/2013/02/lamy-2013-product-update.html

caribbean_skye
February 9th, 2013, 03:39 PM
It has a whole in the top of the clip for the cap. I wonder if they're trying to appeal to those who fancy wearing it on a chain around their neck.

Bogon07
February 9th, 2013, 07:46 PM
Yes both the metal and plastic clip version have square and round holes respectively for that purpose. I suppose with the chain you would not bother to post the cap; it does post securely but look a bit odd.

snedwos
February 10th, 2013, 04:59 AM
I love my Nexx... It's more comfortable that the Safari.

I've recently thought about grinding a Safari nib into a right foot oblique, because I think that would help me write naturally and still hold the pen the way it wants to be held.

Bogon07
February 19th, 2013, 05:24 PM
I love my Nexx... It's more comfortable that the Safari.

I've recently thought about grinding a Safari nib into a right foot oblique, because I think that would help me write naturally and still hold the pen the way it wants to be held.

Which nib would you start with ? M , B or 1.1 italic ?

I've thought about smoothing the corner or sides of a 1.1 slightly.

snedwos
February 19th, 2013, 06:15 PM
Any regular round nib. It seems odd though, right foot obliques are the wrong way round for a righty, aren't they?

Bogon07
February 19th, 2013, 07:30 PM
I always get confused with obliques and have to go look at Richard Binders nib basics and get interested in other stuff which makes me forget what I was meant to be doing. If you are left-handed you have think about if your going above or below the line.
http://www.richardspens.com/

Hez
April 26th, 2013, 11:29 PM
Anyone else not impressed with the way this pen posts? I right a lot as an NP in a busy clinic, and I used the Nexx for the first time today. The posted cap still felt really loose. I caught myself adjusting over and over. That bugged me
Hez

Bogon07
April 27th, 2013, 12:53 AM
Anyone else not impressed with the way this pen posts? I right a lot as an NP in a busy clinic, and I used the Nexx for the first time today. The posted cap still felt really loose. I caught myself adjusting over and over. That bugged me
Hez
Yes, you really have to push the cap on hard to make sure it stays. I suspect the pen has been designed not to be posted as the triangular barrel shape prevents the pen rolling around flat surfaces and the cap has a lanyard hole on the clip possiblely for hanging around your neck.

cedargirl
April 27th, 2013, 07:20 AM
I agree with Bogon. If you push it on firmly, it posts. You can make it wobble, but it won't fall off. That said I don't post mine; but I don't post any pens.

Also agree with snedwos - it's much more comfortable to use than a safari.

Bogon07
April 27th, 2013, 10:24 PM
Also agree with snedwos - it's much more comfortable to use than a safari. And feels better made, the barrel transition from triangular to circular is really well done. Such a same Lamy don't have a more sophisticated version with a better looking cap.