PDA

View Full Version : safari

SEBENZA
January 24th, 2013, 09:00 AM
just got safari today , i put cartridge in and the ink just leaks straight though pen coming out of the seal between nib and pen body at the rear of nib , what could this be ?:confused:

after the cartridge had dumped all its ink i got to write a bit , feels very nice to use , if a bit cheap plastic feel but then again it is cheap and plastic .

fountainpenkid
January 24th, 2013, 12:55 PM
That is quite wierd. Maybe the nib is incorrectly installed? or possibly you didn't push the cartridge down far enough...
I've yet to have a Safari, so maybe there is a trick to this...

I hope you get your pen working soon!

SEBENZA
January 24th, 2013, 04:36 PM
yeah thanks , ive got loads of cartridges at work so can have another go tomorrow probably me but ve took empty one out and put it back in and it feels solid but never know dealer thinks maybe faulty cartridge ?,ebay dealer i bought from said return it and he will replace anyway so thats great .

SEBENZA
January 24th, 2013, 04:37 PM
im hoping one the cheaper range pelikan pens matches this for writing for edc purposes .

fountainpenkid
January 24th, 2013, 05:47 PM
im hoping one the cheaper range pelikan pens matches this for writing for edc purposes .

What do you mean?

KrazyIvan
January 25th, 2013, 09:59 AM
I just realized you have two threads with the same question going. Very confusing.

Joker
May 3rd, 2013, 05:10 PM
Make sure your feed is seated all the way.

wastelanded
May 11th, 2013, 04:03 PM
Forgive me, this may be a silly question, but it was a Lamy cartridge yes? Those are the only ones that will work.

Runnin_Ute
May 30th, 2013, 07:25 PM
Wastelanded nailed it - Lamy uses proprietary cartridges an international won't work.