PDA

View Full Version : Leonhardt and Esterbrook Dip Nibs...

tmenyc
July 3rd, 2016, 02:26 PM
Today, in celebration of the long weekend (which I supplemented by only working Thursday and Friday morning..), I cleaned my workroom top to bottom. Found all sorts of stuff, some I had missed and some not. In there were two packages of dip/calligraphy nibs:
See the attached pictures.
1) A whole box (144) of Leonhardt & Co. Hemispherical nibs, 516 EF. These were from Chile, but made in Birmingham, England, no idea when. The box is assumed to be complete, as it was sealed before I opened it. The last time these surfaced I posted a question about them on FPN, and was led to some facts about them, including the fact that "hemisperical" nibs are what are often called "spoon" nibs, which these are -- a spoon-shaped indentation just south of the actual tip. The box is in good shape, if a little worn on the cover. The pictures are not in order, but all of the detail pictures are of these nibs.

2) A partial box of Esterbrook Jackson Stub 442, all clean and unused

Wait! There's more!
10 more Leonhardt Hemispherical nibs, not from the above box, marked 521 EF, and with a large "R" embossed on the nib.
8 Esterbrook 717
1 Hinks Wells, marked Chile, 2171; rust near and on the tip.
1 Esterbrook 913
1 Francis Pratt of Boston, England made, 455
In this latter group, some have a bit of surface rust , but except where noted, on the body of the nib, not near the tip.

I'll accept any reasonable offer for the whole lot, plus actual cost (I'll have to weight it) for first class shipping to the continental US.

Thanks!
Tim