PDA

View Full Version : Greetings from Down Under

mrchan
January 24th, 2013, 12:32 PM
Hi all, been recently bitten by a fountain pen bug in December 2012 when I was first introduced to a video on youtube which should be no stranger to most of you, the one video by the immovablemovers showing his skill at the semi-flex namiki falcon. Since then I was hooked! I used to think that fountain pens weren't much for lefties because of scratchy nib experiences from a young age(knockoff parker 51 type pens) but now that I've experienced it, I can't seem to stop. I'll never go back to ballpoint pen again. It started off with a Lamy safari which I believe is a starting point for many people, then a retail Montblanc Meisterstuck Le Grande 146, followed by a really cheap extremely mint fully authentic Montblanc Starwalker with papers on eBay, a Noodler's Ahab, a vintage flex from Mauricio at vintagepen.net, and here I am, saying hello. I love the vast wealth of knowledge stored here, and I shall hopefully contribute something of worth at some stage. Until then, G'day!

SEBENZA
January 24th, 2013, 01:09 PM
hi mate welcome

yes im hearing a lot about noodlers will try one at some point but im fixated on pelikans right now lol.
have on order 2x m200 1x p55 graphix and juinor pelikano , thats my budget gone for a while .
yes im left hander too , i noticed on my searches left handed nibs ,how these work i dont know but interesting .

fountainpenkid
January 24th, 2013, 06:36 PM
Great to hear! Welcome to this little board!

auto winder
January 25th, 2013, 01:09 AM
Welcome :welcome:

earthdawn
January 25th, 2013, 01:20 AM
Sounds like your well on your way into the darkness lol or "Darkside" as Krazy Ivan would say.

Lots of info and great people hear to help, listen and share so enjoy your stay.

Ohhh yea... Welcome to FPG !

KrazyIvan
January 25th, 2013, 09:57 AM
Sounds like your well on your way into the darkness lol or "Darkside" as Krazy Ivan would say.

Lots of info and great people hear to help, listen and share so enjoy your stay.

Ohhh yea... Welcome to FPG !

Indeed. Welcome mrchan.

writingrav
January 25th, 2013, 12:25 PM
Welcome to Geekworld

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Bogon07
January 28th, 2013, 02:03 PM
Hi Mrchan & welcome to FPG forum.

auto winder
January 29th, 2013, 12:04 PM
Welcome! :welcome:

Tracy Lee
January 29th, 2013, 01:11 PM
Welcome Mr Chan. You may find you have less money in your pocket in 2013 with this new adventure, but I bet you won't mind.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

caribbean_skye
February 2nd, 2013, 11:21 AM
Welcome welcome.

Beware of enablers, they are everywhere :)