PDA

View Full Version : Classic, everyday 'penmaker' inks: wet or dry?

Sailor Kenshin
July 5th, 2016, 12:26 PM
Having finally stuck my toe in the water of pen restoration, I need to pick a Test Ink. Here are the ones I have available right now, and I'd like to know which run wet, and which run dry.

Skrip (Slovenia) Blue
Skrip (Slovenia) Blue-Black

Parker Quink Blue-Black
Parker Quink Black

Waterman Florida Blue (which, I freely admit, I'm kinda hoarding)
Waterman Blue-Black (ditto)
Waterman South Seas Blue (yup, the same)
Waterman Black

I have some Pelikan inks but I already know they're dry. Thanks for any insight!

top pen
July 5th, 2016, 12:37 PM
Top 2 dry
mid 2 less dry
Bottom 4 wettish

Laura N
July 5th, 2016, 02:40 PM
Hi Sailor. :wave:

Waterman Blue and Blue Black are on the wet side, but not crazy wet. I like to test with those two Waterman inks, primarily the blue. They seem to work well with every pen and are very easy to clean out. Waterman renamed the inks but did not change them, so Florida Blue is now Serenity Blue, etc.

I think Quink Blue is average or maybe slightly dry: I find it more dry than Waterman Florida/Serenity Blue but not as dry as the Pelikan inks.

Sailor Kenshin
July 6th, 2016, 12:48 PM
Hi, Laura! :wave:

Oddly enough, I'm leaning toward Quink, 'cause I have a nearly-full bottle. Well, two. One of each.

Thanks, everyone, for the input. Anyone else?

KrazyIvan
July 6th, 2016, 03:08 PM
My preferred are Waterman Florida Blue and Blue Black or whatever their new names are. I always forget. Mysterious Blue and Serenity Blue I think. Anyway, I like Florida Blue the best for my reviews.