PDA

View Full Version : Hello from Missouri

Aly_al90
July 5th, 2016, 07:05 PM
Hi my name is Alyssa and I am (obviously) very new to collecting fountain pens. I first became interested when a friend of mine showed me some knock-off mont blanc pens he had acquired. I wrote with it and was highly disappointed-- however, I started researching and decided to purchase a very humble lamy safari... And I loved it! I recently came across a Parker set at an antique store and very quickly snatched it up hoping it might be a good find; unfortunately being new to fountain pens I don't know much about what I have bought... Hopefully I will learn from you all and I look forward to any advice you all have to offer!

jar
July 5th, 2016, 07:25 PM
Hi Alyssa, welcome home. Pull up a stump and set a spell.

Lady Onogaro
July 5th, 2016, 07:43 PM
Hi, Alyssa,

Post a picture of your pen set and we'll tell you what you have. Glad to have you here.

Aly_al90
July 5th, 2016, 09:35 PM
Hi, Alyssa,

Post a picture of your pen set and we'll tell you what you have. Glad to have you here.

Hi Lady Onogaro,

This is set that I've bought: http://i63.tinypic.com/1ih14z.jpg

I know that it's a parker vacumatic from what's inscribed on the barrel of the pen, however, I don't know much more about it... Thanks so much for your help :)

Frank
July 5th, 2016, 09:53 PM
:welcome:

Hawk
July 5th, 2016, 09:56 PM
Welcome.
Great looking set.

Malcolm
July 5th, 2016, 11:50 PM
:welcome:

Bisquitlips
July 6th, 2016, 09:30 PM
Hi my name is Alyssa and I am (obviously) very new to collecting fountain pens. I first became interested when a friend of mine showed me some knock-off mont blanc pens he had acquired. I wrote with it and was highly disappointed-- however, I started researching and decided to purchase a very humble lamy safari... And I loved it! I recently came across a Parker set at an antique store and very quickly snatched it up hoping it might be a good find; unfortunately being new to fountain pens I don't know much about what I have bought... Hopefully I will learn from you all and I look forward to any advice you all have to offer!

Welcome Allysa!

We are glad you are here with us!

Welcome from Missouri!

Lady Onogaro
July 7th, 2016, 12:49 AM
Hi, Alyssa,

I'm no expert on Parker Vacumatics, but you have a great find there. Here's a couple of Web sites that discuss them:

http://www.vintagepens.com/Parker_Vacumatics.shtml

http://www.richardspens.com/?page=ref/profiles/vac.htm

I hope this helps you identify your pen set.

DaveT
July 7th, 2016, 03:26 PM
Alyssa, hello and welcome from Indiana!

Blue Note
July 8th, 2016, 11:54 AM
Welcome Alyssa. You could also check out David Isaacson's site, www.vacumania.com for information on Parkers, especially Vacumatics of which he has hundreds, maybe even thousands of the little beauties.

Anne
July 8th, 2016, 06:30 PM
Welcome Alyssa!:) Good luck with your wonderful find! I hope you are able to narrow down the generation of Vacumatic that you have from the sites Lady Onogaro and Blue Note have provided.
As you probably know by now, there should be a number on the barrel as well, making it easier to pinpoint which year your pen was made. Exciting stuff:D
Congratulations on your new find!

Wahl
July 11th, 2016, 12:52 PM
hi Alyssa, nice set ! :welcome: