PDA

View Full Version : SOLD Danitrio Mae West (Hyotan) beige urushi w/ stub nib

zaddick
July 6th, 2016, 09:57 AM
For sale is a fairly uncommon pen, in many ways. This is a Danitrio urushi pen done known as the Hyotan or Mae West in an uncommon beige color. This was not a regular production color, but I have seen a few others in a similar shade over the years. The pen also has the desirable “flexible” stub, noted with an RS marking. I don’t want to get into a debate on what is flexible and what is not so I will simply say the nib is quite soft and will add line variation. There are several reviews on FPN that highlight the writing characteristics of these fireball Danitrio nibs. I can also tell you that when I bought several Danitrio pens from Chatterley Luxuries I was told the RS nibs were no longer available and I could not get them on my new pens (this was maybe 6 months ago.)

The pen is lightly used, but shows pretty much as new. I don’t have the massive wooden coffin it came in, but I will include one of the newer Danitrio simple wood boxes they now use for all pens under $3K. I just have too many Danitrio pens right now and I am trying to get down to one or two in each shape.

I am asking $650 including shipping in the US. International or insurance will be extra. These pens in standard production colors retail for $1300 and sell for $1040 at one well known retailer. Please PM me with any questions or for more photos.

Aristosseur
July 7th, 2016, 04:10 AM
How is writing with a flexible stub? I've always been curious.

SIR
July 7th, 2016, 05:39 AM
+1 for a writing sample

zaddick
July 8th, 2016, 12:15 AM
Apologies but I do not have time this week to get out a writing sample. Here is a link to writing samples for Dani flexible stub nibs done by people with better handwriting than me.

http://www.fountainpennetwork.com/forum/topic/88157-danitrio-flexi-stub-nib-writing-samples/

I can do a writing sample with this pen later this weekend for anyone who is interested in buying the pen.

zaddick
July 13th, 2016, 10:16 AM
bump

zaddick
March 15th, 2017, 02:20 PM
reduced price to $650. I forgot ihad this thread, so bumpity bump bump. I have the same pen in a vermillion color also, but it will be more expensive as it is a prototype. Message me if you are interested in either. Both have flexy stubs! Thanks all.

jinpuan
April 30th, 2017, 04:51 AM
Is this still available?
And the vermillion?

zaddick
April 30th, 2017, 09:18 AM
Yes, send me a message to discuss.