PDA

View Full Version : Manu Propria Pens - Isokusa - Nuri

Manupropria
July 9th, 2016, 12:13 AM
This is an ebonite fountain pen with a new urushi lacquer called "isokusa-nuri" Hair algae lacquer.
There are many possibilities to apply isokusa-nuri, in this specific case it is a "kuro.isokusa-nuri" black hair alagae lacquer. The lacquer is achieved by applying heavily pigmented urushi and structure it with a fine comb.

Best regads,

Martin

robertjwarren
July 9th, 2016, 09:24 AM
Beautiful

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jar
July 9th, 2016, 09:35 AM
Interesting. I'd like to see that used just on a small area on the pen, maybe a band or oval highlights.

HORNS
July 9th, 2016, 12:09 PM
So with this technique I am assuming that you have to apply a thick layer to be able to create that texture, as opposed to the typical many applications of thin layers?

da vinci
July 9th, 2016, 12:13 PM
Very unusual, but pleasing nonetheless. Interesting that you chose to apply it to the section as well.

dank
July 9th, 2016, 06:24 PM
I wonder how the texture feels, since you chose to apply it on the section. Perhaps the waviness gives a sense of grip?

amk
July 12th, 2016, 11:06 AM
Eeeek. I had a bedroom once that had that kind of design on the ceiling.... :-) Yours is a bit more artistic though!

(What would a pen like with this only on the section, and a more traditional finish for the outside, I wonder?)

Manupropria
July 13th, 2016, 05:58 AM
Hihi, the bedroom ceiling with such pattern!
Indeed the texture is very neutral when writing with it. Additionally the pen is very light just 36 gr.
The urushi was very strongly pigmented and used in a thick layer to brush the pattern.

Cheers,

Martin