PDA

View Full Version : What is InCoWriMo?

eriquito
January 26th, 2013, 09:40 PM
Hi All!

InCoWriMo is International Correspondence Writing Month, otherwise known as February.

InCoWriMo asks that we challenge ourselves to hand-write and mail/deliver one letter, card, note or postcard every day for an entire month.

The InCoWriMo website came to life yesterday at http://incowrimo.org. It's a work in progress, but already contains basic information.

InCoWriMo is the brainchild of Fountain Pen Geeks, which is why the FPGeeks forums have volunteered to allow InCoWriMo participants to communicate with one another.

Do you InCoWriMo? I do. Or at least, I will come February 1st. Join me!

=) Eric

PostMuse
January 28th, 2013, 02:00 PM
I would love to send photos of my outgoing, however, would you prefer the letter itself, with identifying details such as recipient, covered? Or is just photos of the mail all sealed up and ready to go, again with identifying details covered? I don't use a fountain pen for envelopes, just the letters.

eriquito
January 28th, 2013, 02:41 PM
Hi PostMuse,

In my mind, it's the letter itself - with identifying information covered, naturally. But really, the mail all sealed up and ready to go is good, too. It's all good! =)

I suppose that photos of Letters du Jour should be sent to me via email: eric at fpgeeks.com

I suppose I'll make a post about that at the InCoWriMo site!

=) Eric

Ernst Bitterman
January 30th, 2013, 11:18 AM
While I'm definitely a devoted apostle of the fountain pen, I wonder on behalf of others whose quasi-anachronistic interests lie in another direction: are typewriters entertained as a device? I can't personally decide whether to pull for exclusion (boo to keyboards!) or inclusion (solidarity of analog communication devices!), but I thought it a question worth posing.

eriquito
January 30th, 2013, 09:50 PM
While I'm definitely a devoted apostle of the fountain pen, I wonder on behalf of others whose quasi-anachronistic interests lie in another direction: are typewriters entertained as a device? I can't personally decide whether to pull for exclusion (boo to keyboards!) or inclusion (solidarity of analog communication devices!), but I thought it a question worth posing.

Hi Ernst!

Personally, I love typewriters. I could so easily be talked in to collecting them - but I don't dare. They take up far too much space.

Regarding your question, however, I draw your attention to the beginning of line three of the InCoWriMo Pledge:

"I hereby pledge to hand-write ..."

I was ready to pull for non-electric typewriters, but upon referring to the Pledge, I fear I must say 'boo to keyboards.'

(if there is an FPGeeks equivalent in the non-electric typewriter world, please - don't point me to it)

=) Eric

manoeuver
February 1st, 2013, 02:59 PM
typedweebs.com
I can't imagine it's taken.
I'm not going to look.
I got rid of all but one of my typewriters in 2012.

eriquito
February 1st, 2013, 09:12 PM
typedweebs.com

Available. Make it yours, quick!

=) Eric

caribbean_skye
February 2nd, 2013, 09:12 AM
Haha Eric, I can see it now. Someone getting that site and having a wagging finger saying something along the lines of "you know you should be using a fountain pen with that!".

:)

Morgaine
November 14th, 2020, 05:43 PM
Woo hoo, the site has a new look and is looking good. Looks like Eric is ahead of me in thinking about it for 2021!

scottt
February 6th, 2022, 06:03 PM
Kudos for this great idea, and it has me wondering, are there any other WriMos existing in the wild?

My google-fu is not the strongest, but I could not find one example of a WriMo besides this one and NaNoWriMo.

Any others out there?

Thanks,
Scott

Morgaine
February 7th, 2022, 06:05 AM
There is a poetry one, in April. NaPoWriMo