PDA

View Full Version : InCoWriMo 2013 - Who's Participating?

eriquito
January 26th, 2013, 09:53 PM
I'm definitely participating.

I've heard personally from others that they, too, will participate - but I won't steal their thunder. Perhaps they'll announce themselves here.

Who's with us?

http://incowrimo.org/

=) Eric

fountainpenkid
January 27th, 2013, 05:25 AM
It is certainly a challenge! I don't know how I can send one though if it is a Sunday, or my parents didn't have time to stop at the post office that day. If you write a letter every day, but send some later in a group, is that still legit?

This is an awesome idea!

writingrav
January 27th, 2013, 08:45 AM
I'm in, Eric. I already average about five letters per week, so this will be interesting to see if I can get it up a little higher. Allowing post cards makes it easier.
Ira

eriquito
January 27th, 2013, 08:58 AM
Hi Will!

Yes, I think sending in a group qualifies. Absolutely.

=) Eric

eriquito
January 27th, 2013, 08:59 AM
Hi Ira!

I was hoping to see you here. Welcome!!

=) Eric

fountainpenkid
January 27th, 2013, 09:13 AM
Hi Will!

Yes, I think sending in a group qualifies. Absolutely.

=) Eric

Good to know.

manoeuver
January 27th, 2013, 11:50 AM
I'll do it.

eriquito
January 27th, 2013, 12:56 PM
I'll do it.

Howdy manoeuver! Nice to see you here!

=) Eric

snedwos
January 27th, 2013, 02:48 PM
¡Manos a la obra!

eriquito
January 27th, 2013, 03:59 PM
¡Manos a la obra!

¡Así es! =) Estaré esperando una carta tuya.

=) Eric

fountainpenkid
January 27th, 2013, 04:38 PM
¡Así es! =) Estaré esperando una carta tuya.

=) Eric

Entonces ahora hablas espanol?!...aprendes antes del tu vacacion, o siempre sabeslo?
Si quieres, escribemelo un carta! Hare el mismo.

eriquito
January 27th, 2013, 08:38 PM
Si quieres, escribemelo un carta! Hare el mismo.

Me parece perfecto, Jovenazo. Te escriberé en febrero.

Dudo que tenga tu dirección todavía. Me la puedes enviar por correo?

=) Eric

fountainpenkid
January 28th, 2013, 04:52 AM
Bueno. Gracias! No epsero! Enviare un P.M ahora.

KrazyIvan
January 28th, 2013, 09:42 AM
I stopped at a antique shop over the weekend and they had a bunch of post cards. I might have to go back.

eriquito
January 28th, 2013, 10:25 AM
I stopped at a antique shop over the weekend and they had a bunch of post cards. I might have to go back.

Hi Ivan!

Yeah, go back to that antique shop. And check out what John the Monkey shared with me:

Twitter by Post (http://www.themorningnews.org/article/twitter-by-post)

It's a great idea for Direct Messages and Replies, but if you have 100+ followers and want to "tweet," that's a lot of writing!

=) Eric

proudscotsman
January 28th, 2013, 11:01 AM
I would love to get involved in this. Sounds like a great idea, Count me in!

KrazyIvan
January 28th, 2013, 11:07 AM
Not to mention the postage! It is a cool idea though. I was thinking of a post card exchange for the board might also be cool.

fountainpenkid
January 28th, 2013, 12:20 PM
Not to mention the postage! It is a cool idea though. I was thinking of a post card exchange for the board might also be cool.

Yeah. I've p.med a couple people here already.

eriquito
January 28th, 2013, 12:32 PM
I would love to get involved in this. Sounds like a great idea, Count me in!

Hey There proudsctosman! Nice to count you in!

=) Eric

eriquito
January 28th, 2013, 12:33 PM
I was thinking of a post card exchange for the board might also be cool.

A postcard exchange is a great idea.

I doubt anyone knows this, but it was through a postcard exchange that Dan Smith and I met.

Hmm... does that make postcard exchanges dangerous?

=) Eric

PostMuse
January 28th, 2013, 01:57 PM
I would love to participate! I took the pledge and pen/stationery is at the ready. Hooray for InCoWriMo!

eriquito
January 28th, 2013, 02:35 PM
I would love to participate! I took the pledge and pen/stationery is at the ready. Hooray for InCoWriMo!

Hellooo PostMuse!

Thanks for joining. Very nice to have you here!

=) Eric

Bogon07
January 28th, 2013, 02:57 PM
Sounds interesting.

Eric, did you pick up a huge stack of postcards on your extended holiday ?

eriquito
January 28th, 2013, 03:07 PM
Eric, did you pick up a huge stack of postcards on your extended holiday ?

Hiya Bogon07! Unfortunately, I did not pick up a huge stack of postcards while on holiday. I didn't know I'd need them. InCoWriMo was only born last Friday =)

=) Eric

samgeee
January 28th, 2013, 03:28 PM
I'm in! Can't wait!

eriquito
January 28th, 2013, 03:56 PM
I'm in! Can't wait!

Hi samgeee!

Cool! Great to know you're in!

And actually, I can't wait either. This is rather exciting!

=) Eric

bizmiard
January 28th, 2013, 06:34 PM
I shall of course participate :)

eriquito
January 28th, 2013, 06:48 PM
I shall of course participate :)

And we shall of course rejoice :) Strength in numbers! I'm glad you're here!

=) Eric

PaulSvendsen
January 28th, 2013, 07:06 PM
I'm in. Now I can finally use that box of Merrimade stationery on the upper shelf!

Paul

eriquito
January 28th, 2013, 11:09 PM
I'm in. Now I can finally use that box of Merrimade stationery on the upper shelf!

Hi Paul! Great to have you here! I'm with you... I've got stationery that I absolutely need to use. I mean, why buy it if it only sits on a shelf? InCoWriMo is going to help me clear the decks.

=) Eric

melydia
January 29th, 2013, 06:38 AM
Okay, I'm in. I can't promise not to cheat, though, and write a bunch of letters and then mail them one at a time. ;)

--melydia

eriquito
January 29th, 2013, 02:11 PM
Okay, I'm in. I can't promise not to cheat, though, and write a bunch of letters and then mail them one at a time. ;)

Hi melydia! Nice to have you here! =) I'm not sure that's cheating. We all have to InCoWriMo in a way that fits our lives.

Of course, if the rebel in you wants to be known as the InCoWriMo Cheater, we can oblige =)

- Eric

DHambly
January 29th, 2013, 03:06 PM
Hi - Darren here from the UK. I'll be joining in!

eriquito
January 29th, 2013, 03:10 PM
Hi - Darren here from the UK. I'll be joining in!

Hi Darren! Very, very nice to have you here. Welcome!

=) Eric

Misty
January 29th, 2013, 03:33 PM
I am in and my address is in the mailing thread if anyone wishes to write to me :)

eriquito
January 29th, 2013, 03:47 PM
I am in and my address is in the mailing thread if anyone wishes to write to me :)

Hi Misty! WooHoo! Glad you're here!

=) Eric

Type40
January 29th, 2013, 05:55 PM
I am also looking forward to participating. I am very new (about a month), not only to Fountain Pens but writing and writing with something permanent (ink). Now I am finding it hard to wait till the start of February. I am still writing to people but am looking forward to the first.

For those people I am not going to use the postal service I found an interesting way to fold a note. I am using Rhodia 16 (dots) and marked up the first one so I knew what part of the page would ultimately end up where. Here are the photos of it unfolded and folded. One whole side of the sheet is never visible in the folded version.

Here are the instructions I followed: http://www.origami-instructions.com/origami-envelope.html

eriquito
January 29th, 2013, 06:11 PM
Hi Type40! Great to have you here!!

I'd have responded sooner, but I've been sitting here folding paper since visiting the origami link you sent. Great fun!

I may fold letters like this even if they're going into envelopes!

=) Eric

Tracy Lee
January 29th, 2013, 06:33 PM
Heck yeah, I am totally on board!! :):thumbup:

eriquito
January 29th, 2013, 06:47 PM
Heck yeah, I am totally on board!! :):thumbup:

Hi Tracy Lee!! =) =) So glad you're here!

- Eric

vhr5
January 29th, 2013, 07:24 PM
Hmmm... I'm seriously thinking it over. Sound like fun! I guess I better buy more stamps! :)

TonicLime
January 29th, 2013, 08:28 PM
I'm in! This is a great idea. Nice way to use up a lot of ink :) and meet new peeps. Just bought two pages of stamps!

eriquito
January 29th, 2013, 08:28 PM
Hmmm... I'm seriously thinking it over. Sound like fun! I guess I better buy more stamps! :)

Hi vhr5! Trust me, it most definitely will be fun =) Yep, time to buy some stamps. In my neck of the woods, even the grocery stores sell 'em.

- Eric

chaimann
January 29th, 2013, 08:34 PM
I neglected to send Christmas cards last month, and my notecard drawer is overflowing. I'm in.

eriquito
January 29th, 2013, 08:36 PM
I'm in! This is a great idea. Nice way to use up a lot of ink :) and meet new peeps. Just bought two pages of stamps!

TonicLime! So nice to know you'll be joining us. I ordered my stamps online at the usps website over the weekend. Can you believe they charge a delivery fee? Postage for postage? Anyway...

I'm glad you're here.

=) Eric

eriquito
January 29th, 2013, 08:39 PM
I neglected to send Christmas cards last month, and my notecard drawer is overflowing. I'm in.

Hi chaimann! Wonderful to have you join us! I'm sure that by the end of February you'll be much happier with your notecard drawer.

=) Eric

Bohemond76
January 29th, 2013, 11:59 PM
Wait..nobody from Belgium participating yet? Heresy!

My adress :)

Yves Debroyer
Kluisbos 47, b.03
1501 BUIZINGEN
Belgium

ALready bougth 28 stamps this morning so am ready to go

Cheers

Yves

kookatsoon
January 30th, 2013, 02:08 AM
Ok...I would like to give this a go...challenging...$2.00 Canadian per international stamp...could be a $50 cost involved here...but hey...that is the worst.scenario.

My address , in case someone wants to write is

Janis Jessop
Box 11290
Kookatsoon Lake
Yukon
Canada
Y1A 6S2
I will need some help in finding 28 people to correspond to though...yikes...one a day...!!!!! At least there is a mail box at the end of my little street in the bush here...cause i would not want to drive 50km a day, to mail a letter...gas prices...-30C...and tons of snow to shovel to get out...
Thanks alot
janis:thank_you2:

jfsisler
January 30th, 2013, 06:58 AM
I'll join in:) We just managed to save our post office from the chopping block, so I figure at least 28 letters will keep it open a little while longer anyway;)

Steph
January 30th, 2013, 07:25 AM
I too have stationery and postcards that are crying out to be used, so I'll join in and pledge to do my best to meet the one-a-day challenge. Now I just need to get my list of correspondents together. <<scurries over to mailing address thread>>

magnesium68
January 30th, 2013, 07:52 AM
Count me in ! This will be a great challenge :)

PostMuse
January 30th, 2013, 10:26 AM
I'll join in:) We just managed to save our post office from the chopping block, so I figure at least 28 letters will keep it open a little while longer anyway;)

I lived in Sunderland as a child, close to the sandpit. I used to count cars on Route 16. And the schoolyard chatter one year was about a princess who fell off Sugarloaf and if you looked real close, you could see the blood on the rocks from the school's playground.

Eunice
January 30th, 2013, 10:58 AM
I've just joined and definitely want to join in with InCoWriMo! (Hello PostMuse!) I used to live near Sunderland. But that was the original version, in the north east of England! We'd call Sunderland people Maccums.

Anyway, if you want to write to me, add your address to my postable at https://www.postable.com/euniceprobert . I live in west Wales, where the waves were high and wooshy today!

jfsisler
January 30th, 2013, 11:51 AM
I'm totally writing you now, PostMuse, small world isn't it?

jfsisler
January 30th, 2013, 11:58 AM
Eunice, pretty much everything here in MA was "stolen" from the British back in the day;) I'd much rather live in your Sunderland, near the ocean. I'm about 30 minutes from Vermont and it hsa been snowy and below zero temps so far this winter:( I really like the idea of postable.com - neat that it's all encrypted. I don't much like placing my mailing address online so that's a neat trick. I may have to look into that for myself.

saimaster327
January 30th, 2013, 12:12 PM
I'm in! This is a perfect excuse to use my pens.

Alex Hackmann
Hi!

I want to participate. Is it my subscription in here?

For those who want to write me:

Alex Hackmann
Rua Ernesto Alves, 2350 sala 104
Centro
Taquara, RS
Brasil
95600-000

: )

Alex

Bohemond76
Can we have one place to store the list of all participants as with the website and several forum topics here on FPGeeks the adresses are spread all over and makes it difficult for people to combine their list :)

KrazyIvan
January 30th, 2013, 12:14 PM
Can we have one place to store the list of all participants as with the website and several forum topics here on FPGeeks the adresses are spread all over and makes it difficult for people to combine their list :)

Yup, I'm lost.

fountainpenkid
January 30th, 2013, 01:40 PM
Any body who's put their address here may just get a card from me :)

Stephen1964
January 30th, 2013, 02:01 PM
I shall participate.

eriquito
January 30th, 2013, 09:42 PM

I sort of thought people would share addresses in the following forum thread:

Mailing Address Exchange for InCoWriMo 2013 (http://fpgeeks.com/forum/showthread.php/1696-Mailing-Address-Exchange-for-InCoWriMo-2013)

And it does look like many have shared addresses there.

I'm also open to suggestions. ??

=) Eric

Bohemond76
January 30th, 2013, 11:34 PM
I sort of thought people would share addresses in the following forum thread:

Mailing Address Exchange for InCoWriMo 2013 (http://fpgeeks.com/forum/showthread.php/1696-Mailing-Address-Exchange-for-InCoWriMo-2013)

And it does look like many have shared addresses there.

I'm also open to suggestions. ??

=) Eric

You have a website dedicated to the incowrimo but not a specific section that contains all the adresses people can pick from, only 29 in a recent post. The other adresses are all here on this forum. So my suggestion is to open on the website ( as bloggers point to that website, and not so much this forum ) a section named ADRESSES TO WRITE TO ( or something ) and dump all the adresses you get from this forum and personal im's there. Makes sense?

fountainpenkid
January 31st, 2013, 06:15 AM
I don't find it that hard to find the addresses here...

PaulSvendsen
January 31st, 2013, 08:49 AM
I agree with fountainpenkid. I certainly understand the usefulness of a separate thread for the addresses, but it is also fun to hunt through ALL the threads, Pelikan in hand, making note of random addresses here and there.....

Thanks for getting this going, Eric!

Paul

Toffer
January 31st, 2013, 10:51 AM
Right I'm going to give it a go! will be interesting trying to write something every day either before or after I finish work, may even write to my mum, she would be thrilled!! :-) Time to start making a list of addresses!! Will add mine to the other thread.

jfsisler
January 31st, 2013, 11:49 AM
Any body who's put their address here may just get a card from me :)

I got over my paranoia and posted my address in the exchange post;)

Bohemond76
January 31st, 2013, 11:51 AM
My initial idea was to write to 28 people in 28 different countries but now seeing there are many from the US I'll try and select 10 from US and 18 from the "Rest of the World"....prolly means i'll have to write to that crazy professor in the Netherlands with his offshore adress...oh well.

PostMuse
January 31st, 2013, 12:08 PM
....prolly means i'll have to write to that crazy professor in the Netherlands with his offshore adress...oh well.

There's a crazy professor here? I'll have to sleuth him out.

bethinoz
January 31st, 2013, 05:08 PM
My initial idea was to write to 28 people in 28 different countries but now seeing there are many from the US I'll try and select 10 from US and 18 from the "Rest of the World"....prolly means i'll have to write to that crazy professor in the Netherlands with his offshore adress...oh well.

i was thinking along the same lines :)

woosang
January 31st, 2013, 10:22 PM
I'm in but will be using postcards for sending out :-) That does mean no fountain pens.. but it will have to do!

woosang
January 31st, 2013, 10:40 PM
so address are here or in the other thread.. am a tad confused now..

Jon Szanto
February 1st, 2013, 01:31 AM
I only found out about this bit of business a couple days ago. While I am not sharing contact info online, I'm happy to say I am thoroughly behind this idea, and will be participating. I'm going to use it to catch up with people I've owed a letter to for a long time, priority given to a couple of peeps from last year's LA Pen Show so that it gets to them before I (hopefully) see them in a couple of weeks, and reach out to some other people. All in all, couldn't have come at a nicer time.

BTW...

A friend had the following posted on FB today, and I thought maybe it might be something for a person who wanted to mail a postcard but was out of addresses. It certainly is for a good cause:

Saving A Little Post Office

1643 (http://janedavies-collagejourneys.blogspot.com/2013/01/the-post-office.html)

writingrav
February 1st, 2013, 05:00 AM
For those people I am not going to use the postal service I found an interesting way to fold a note. I am using Rhodia 16 (dots) and marked up the first one so I knew what part of the page would ultimately end up where. Here are the photos of it unfolded and folded. One whole side of the sheet is never visible in the folded version.

Can't you fold it this way and use a wax seal and still send it through the postal system? Anyone know?

Toffer
February 1st, 2013, 06:31 AM
Can anyone recommend some good paper to use for this letter writing, I have rooted through my stationary drawer and it is all my wife's stationary so is generally pink!! Was looking at Clairefontaine and Rhodia paper but am unsure which of these is best suited for fountain pens? Need to get some ordered as I can only use so much pink paper before my feminine side overtakes my masculine side!! :(

writingrav
February 1st, 2013, 07:22 AM
First letter is off and in the mails.

Type40
February 1st, 2013, 09:54 AM
Can't you fold it this way and use a wax seal and still send it through the postal system? Anyone know?

Folding it the way I did, takes a 5.8x8.3 piece of Rhodia down to about 3.7x2 in. Makes a rather small letter for the postal service to try and process.

Can anyone recommend some good paper to use for this letter writing

I am new to fountain pens but have taken others advice and am enjoying my pad of Rhodia paper. For sending letters I got a box of personalized stationary from American Stationary which turned out nice. http://www.americanstationery.com/personalized-stationery.html I got some envelopes with my name and address on the back, sheets with my initials at the top, and blank extra sheets all in matching Ivory. I think they look really nice finished off with a silver wax seal, personally.

Couldn't just do one note today. Left a folded one for my wife (works nights, left on pillow) and am mailing one out to a friend. You all remembered to do one for your partners on the first day right? :)

writingrav
February 1st, 2013, 11:59 AM
Got it I think the Post Office requires 3X5 minimum.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

caribbean_skye
February 1st, 2013, 03:28 PM
Just to let you know I signed up and my first letter is already in the mail. Yay me.

caribbean_skye
February 1st, 2013, 06:40 PM
I'll have to try folding paper like this first and see what size it folds down to as I may just send them in the mail that way. We shall see...

Thanks for sharing.

bethinoz
February 1st, 2013, 07:51 PM
[QUOTE=.... You all remembered to do one for your partners on the first day right? :)[/QUOTE]

i was leaving him till last :)

snedwos
February 2nd, 2013, 02:45 PM
Can anyone recommend some good paper to use for this letter writing, I have rooted through my stationary drawer and it is all my wife's stationary so is generally pink!! Was looking at Clairefontaine and Rhodia paper but am unsure which of these is best suited for fountain pens? Need to get some ordered as I can only use so much pink paper before my feminine side overtakes my masculine side!! :(

Both of them are excellent. And what better way than using pink paper to assert one's masculinity?

pansipotter
February 3rd, 2013, 01:29 PM
I only spotted a RT of Eric's on Twitter this morning about InCoWriMo but I'm starting to post out tomorrow from the UK. A great idea

eriquito
February 3rd, 2013, 04:47 PM
I only spotted a RT of Eric's on Twitter this morning about InCoWriMo but I'm starting to post out tomorrow from the UK. A great idea

pansipotter! Great to have you with us!! =)

- Eric

caribbean_skye
February 3rd, 2013, 08:37 PM
Woo hoo Panispotter. If you haven't already, do add your address to the other thread that way you may get some unexpected letters.

cedargirl
February 5th, 2013, 12:24 AM
Hi everyone

What a great idea! In fact, incowrimo brought me to this forum. So two good outcomes - lots of letters and a fun forum. It doesn't get any better!

So ... I'm in. Day five and five letters away ...

But I might run out of addresses, so I'll use some from here. And in exchange, here is mine:

PO Box 5216
Hallidays Point NSW 2430
Australia

cheers, Claire

Saintpaulia
February 10th, 2013, 04:56 PM
There sure seem to be alot of people from Philadelphia. Out of proportion to their numbers in the World!

Saintpaulia
February 10th, 2013, 04:58 PM
I am using Original Crown Mill [pure cotton] Writing Paper w/ Superfine Envelopes now. They arrived after the 1st so I had to make do til Friday, the 8th inst.

writingrav
February 10th, 2013, 05:46 PM
There sure seem to be alot of people from Philadelphia. Out of proportion to their numbers in the World!

Philadelphia is the world:)

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

MrMGWard
February 21st, 2013, 07:52 PM
Count me in!

I'm a little late to the starting line, but figure if I buckle down I can get all my letters written before the deadline. Ill take a picture of all the envelopes before I mail them all out on Feb 28th. (if I finish that is heh)

:P Mike

Carole
February 21st, 2013, 08:25 PM
Count me in!

I'm a little late to the starting line, but figure if I buckle down I can get all my letters written before the deadline. Ill take a picture of all the envelopes before I mail them all out on Feb 28th. (if I finish that is heh)

Hi Mike--I'll volunteer if you need victims. I think you know some calligraphic arts, yes? And we might be in the same part of the world--is your address over in the address place?

eriquito
February 21st, 2013, 08:31 PM
Count me in!

Mr. Ward, if that's your real name... might you be the same Mr. Ward that will appear on this Saturday's episode of FPtv?

Good to have you joining us in this InCoWriMo Adventure!

Pens Aweigh!! =)

MrMGWard
February 21st, 2013, 11:40 PM
Mr. Ward, if that's your real name... might you be the same Mr. Ward that will appear on this Saturday's episode of FPtv?

Good to have you joining us in this InCoWriMo Adventure!

Pens Aweigh!! =)

One and the same good sir! I am quite looking forward to it!

I will be adding my address to the InCoWriMo thread soon. Looking forward to some good correspondence.

dagrasso1
December 30th, 2013, 01:33 AM
I definitely want to get involved, my address is on the other post.