PDA

View Full Version : Any clue on where to buy a Sailor 1911 large ribbed rhodium trim?

David M
July 14th, 2016, 01:10 PM
I'm searching for an elusive and seemingly cancelled pen, the Sailor 1911 large ribbed with rhodium trim. The Pro Gear ribbed is easy to find. The gold trim 1911 ribbed is widely available too. But not the rhodium. I saw it on Engeika a few months ago and would have bought it then had I known Sailor were cancelling it. Melpens has it listed, but they can't actually get it. Any hints would be appreciated. Thanks.

Laura N
July 14th, 2016, 01:16 PM
I would call Nibs.com. I've seen it there in the past.

ETA: or email; I didn't notice your location. :)

David M
July 14th, 2016, 02:17 PM
Thanks Laura, much appreciated. To be honest, though, I didn't have a great experience with them once before so while I'm grateful for the suggestion, I'd be welcome any others too - presumably there are Japanese sites which don't show up on English google, for instance?

Laura N
July 14th, 2016, 02:57 PM
I'm sure a Japanese seller would be ideal, also for the price. I'm sure you checked Rakuten. Otherwise I'm clueless. :)

It occurs to me now that Anderson Pens might have had one at the Chicago Pen Show, though I'm not sure if it had rhodium trim. But it might be worth emailing them, too.

da vinci
July 14th, 2016, 03:02 PM
Is it worth speaking to Penfriend in the Strand? I think they recently became a Sailor AD so they may be able to get one for you.

David M
July 14th, 2016, 03:27 PM
Thank you both - excellent suggestions. I did try Anderson and they were very helpful - but couldn't source the pen sadly :(