PDA

View Full Version : SOLD FS: MB149 90th Ann Rose Gold/MB146 Flexible Stub/Sailor 1911M

nopeudon
July 15th, 2016, 09:10 AM
Hi All,

Continuing on with my quest to cut my collection to below five pens, as before I'm pricing these pens to sell so they can find new homes where they'd hopefully be used. :) I have a ton of references on audio forums and some from watch forums, if you have any concerns at all no worries, just ask! All prices below include Paypal fees as well as shipping.

http://imgur.com/a/N2HsT

1. MB149 90th Year Anniversary Rose Gold M nib - SOLD
I'm finally letting this piece go because I'm coming to terms with the fact that the 149 is simply too big for my hands and it'll never gain a permanent place among the pens I use. Shot with a potato (not a fan of photography so I only have the camera on my phone on hand), the colour of the pen is really a lovely rose gold, not what is represented in the pictures and definitely nothing like that of a 'rose gold' iPhone. The details on the nib is absolutely gorgeous! This is one piece you'd have to hold in your hands to really appreciate.

2. Modern Montblanc 146 0.4mm Flexible Stub by Greg Minuskin - SOLD
I'm not a huge expert on Montblanc pens and frankly it's been a long long while since I did my research so I can't say for certain from which period this pen is. It's a modern piece definitely, if you should wish to clarify anything don't hesitate to ask, I can provide pictures. The grind itself cost me about as much as what I'm charging, it is an excellent example of the famed Greg Minuskin's work. He trimmed down the sides of the tines to make it slightly flexible and because it's a gold nib to begin with, the pen gives a very nice amount of feedback as well as line width variation. Again, it's too large to meet my present needs and I've been gravitating away from MB pens because they're too ostentatious for daily use, I feel. :/

3. Sailor 1911M Black with Silver Trim - SOLD
The silver trim is no longer being offered in the standard 1911M product line I believe, Sailors were always one of my favourite brands for the quality of their nibs- the best among the big three Japanese makers, in my opinion. I picked this up because it was relatively small and not gaudy like pens with gold trims are, it has since been supplanted by other pieces serving the same purpose so this has to go. Really can't go wrong with their nibs and with this nib width, paired with a well-behaving ink, you can get away with writing on sub-par paper in case quality paper isn't on hand in the office.

Take both Montblancs and I'll throw in the Sailor for free.

mandrbeck
July 15th, 2016, 10:01 AM
PMd