PDA

View Full Version : 70's pen identification & info on nibs and cartridges

malco23
July 16th, 2016, 12:22 PM
Hi,

I found this pen among my father's belongings after he passed, and I would like to restore it to use. After doing a bit of research, I understand there is supposed to be a serial number on the end ring. I have looked at this pen with a magnifying glass and cannot find one. Does that mean it's a fake?

Assuming it's not a fake, can anyone tell me what model this is? All I know is that it was purchased new in 1977. Also, where can I find the correct nib & ink cartridges for it? Many thanks, from a fountain pen neophyte!

Malcolm

jar
July 16th, 2016, 12:44 PM
Welcome home. Pull up a stump and set a spell.

IIRC that is a VIP. It was the first of the Aurora Hastil inspired Montblancs and might well even be made by Aurora. It will not have a serial number. It does take standard international cartridges and converters. It should have the nib and section and if they are missing the most likely source would be to find another MB SL family pen. It is possible that the sections for the Noblesse or Slimline may well be the same diameter and threading but the later Noblesse Oblige are different IIRC.

malco23
July 16th, 2016, 02:36 PM
Jar, thanks a bunch. That's enough to start on, and I appreciate your time. I may have some more questions, but for now I'll say "thank you" and see what I can turn up.

M

---

Welcome home. Pull up a stump and set a spell.

IIRC that is a VIP. It was the first of the Aurora Hastil inspired Montblancs and might well even be made by Aurora. It will not have a serial number. It does take standard international cartridges and converters. It should have the nib and section and if they are missing the most likely source would be to find another MB SL family pen. It is possible that the sections for the Noblesse or Slimline may well be the same diameter and threading but the later Noblesse Oblige are different IIRC.

----

Hi,

I found this pen among my father's belongings after he passed, and I would like to restore it to use. After doing a bit of research, I understand there is supposed to be a serial number on the end ring. I have looked at this pen with a magnifying glass and cannot find one. Does that mean it's a fake?

Assuming it's not a fake, can anyone tell me what model this is? All I know is that it was purchased new in 1977. Also, where can I find the correct nib & ink cartridges for it? Many thanks, from a fountain pen neophyte!

Malcolm