PDA

View Full Version : The ultimate ink lovers birthday gift or the penultimate

Bogon07
January 28th, 2013, 03:21 PM
Gourmet Pens rec'd a real ink lovers birthday gift that is hard to beat....all 24 Iroshizuku inks and nicely laid out too.
http://www.gourmetpens.com/2013/01/mailbox-goodies-inked-then-some.html

The biggest problem would be which one do you try first !

eriquito
January 28th, 2013, 04:08 PM
Gorgeousness! I've daydreamed once or twice about doing the same, but there are a couple colors that I know I wouldn't care for. Whew!

KrazyIvan
January 28th, 2013, 04:15 PM
Holy vibrant inkiness!

Bogon07
January 28th, 2013, 04:58 PM
Gorgeousness! I've daydreamed once or twice about doing the same, but there are a couple colors that I know I wouldn't care for. Whew!

But there will be rare occasions when those colours will be exactly right (I deliberately avoided the obvious pun here).

The entire Noodler's, DeAramentis or Diamine collections would be pretty impressive too.

snedwos
January 29th, 2013, 03:23 PM
But there will be rare occasions when those colours will be exactly right (I deliberately avoided the obvious pun here).

The entire Noodler's, DeAramentis or Diamine collections would be pretty impressive too.

Cost about the same, too... Maybe not teh DeAtramentis, because their range is just ridiculous.

fountainpenkid
January 29th, 2013, 04:46 PM
That is a lot of ink and a lot of money.

Bogon07
January 30th, 2013, 03:35 PM
Cost about the same, too... Maybe not teh DeAtramentis, because their range is just ridiculous.

Yes, come to think of it with DeAtramentis you would be getting several versions of the same ink under different names and maybe smells.

Carole
February 10th, 2013, 03:00 PM

Dear Bogon07,

Even after 3 cups of espresso, I can't figure out what the obvious pun is. Please tell me! (I admire your refinement in resisting temptation and avoiding the obvious, but now it's driving me crazy. Not a long trip, admittedly. ) Thank you, fellow inkster.:cool:

Tracy Lee
February 10th, 2013, 06:02 PM
Dear Bogon07,

Even after 3 cups of espresso, I can't figure out what the obvious pun is. Please tell me! (I admire your refinement in resisting temptation and avoiding the obvious, but now it's driving me crazy. Not a long trip, admittedly. ) Thank you, fellow inkster. :thank_you2:

Exactly right, exactly write? My guess.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Carole
February 10th, 2013, 07:03 PM
Exactly right, exactly write? My guess.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Ah, thank you kindly Tracy Lee! Why couldn't I see that? Your guess may well be rite!

GourmetPens
March 17th, 2013, 10:55 PM
Haha funny to find this in here. We actually got it from Mike at Vanness Pens and the whole lot + shipping wasn't too bad. They certainly weren't at $30 a bottle :) He did offer us a quantity discount. It was inevitable I'd have them all eventually anyway so it was cheaper to get them all at once!

earthdawn
March 17th, 2013, 11:55 PM
WOW... thats just... I dunno ... AWESOME !!!

I would not be surprised to see Mike toss that package up as an option.

Considering I don't have any Iroshizuku inks I would consider something like that.

Enjoy !!!

And great photos too !

Love your blog.

GourmetPens
May 6th, 2013, 11:02 PM
WOW... thats just... I dunno ... AWESOME !!!

I would not be surprised to see Mike toss that package up as an option.

Considering I don't have any Iroshizuku inks I would consider something like that.

Enjoy !!!

And great photos too !

Love your blog.

Thank you so much :) The nice thing about having them all is I don't feel shy about using them whereas before, I used to feel like I had to "justify" each use. I know, totally silly. Anyway, now I freely use them all! Woo hoo! At the very least, it makes for some very nice eye candy hehe.

Pingo5
May 14th, 2013, 06:48 PM
god, i can only dream of something like that!
ive always wanted to have atleast one of the iroshizuku inks, and this is making me drool beyond extent. ive heard great great things about them; and i know for a fact id use them every day, im not shy with my colors haha.

AltecGreen
May 14th, 2013, 07:49 PM
Gourmet Pens rec'd a real ink lovers birthday gift that is hard to beat....all 24 Iroshizuku inks and nicely laid out too.

There are actually 27 Iroshizuku inks. Very few people have the three limited edition colors.

GourmetPens
May 14th, 2013, 08:57 PM

There are actually 27 Iroshizuku inks. Very few people have the three limited edition colors.

Ohhh yes, good point. I totally forgot about those!! Rats. Gorgeous boxes & labels and all.

Bogon07
May 14th, 2013, 09:39 PM
Well you learn something new everyday here.

Three LE Tokyo Ito-ya inks from around 2009
edo-murasaki
fukagawa-nezu
shimbashi-iro

Here is a link to a one on JetPens from early 2010 - you get a gold string instead of the usual silver one. The Simbashi-iro looks a nice colour too.
http://www.jetpens.com/articles/Promo:_Pilot_Iroshizuku_Tokyo_Limited_Edition_Ink_-_Shimbashi-iro_Color

I recall at one stage Ito-ya had a special LE Al-Star too. Dark blue ?

KI, help its like the MiniDisc LE releases in Japan all over again.

AltecGreen
May 15th, 2013, 04:46 PM
Edo Murasaki was the one that sold out first. It's the only one I do not have.

Of the three, I like the Fukugawa Nezu the best.

KrazyIvan
May 16th, 2013, 08:33 AM
Well you learn something new everyday here.

Three LE Tokyo Ito-ya inks from around 2009
edo-murasaki
fukagawa-nezu
shimbashi-iro

Here is a link to a one on JetPens from early 2010 - you get a gold string instead of the usual silver one. The Simbashi-iro looks a nice colour too.
http://www.jetpens.com/articles/Promo:_Pilot_Iroshizuku_Tokyo_Limited_Edition_Ink_-_Shimbashi-iro_Color

I recall at one stage Ito-ya had a special LE Al-Star too. Dark blue ?

KI, help its like the MiniDisc LE releases in Japan all over again.

Let's just hope their marketing does not kill it like Sony did MiniDisc. :D :p