PDA

View Full Version : No Pilots @ Engeika?

Brilliant Bill
July 27th, 2016, 01:05 AM
Anyone noticed there are no Pilot/Namiki products on the Engeika site anymore?

earthdawn
July 27th, 2016, 04:32 AM
This did happen once before.. Well at least once before I know of.

So before emailing him to finding out for sure I would guess they will be back.

Wile E Coyote
July 27th, 2016, 05:09 AM
At one time you had to log in to see Pilot pens.

Right now the whole site is down for maintenance.

alan1947
September 2nd, 2016, 02:15 PM
Have you guys tried voice on the rakutan site. I ordered from them and Engeika. I paid for both. Votive has delivered and Enheika keeps telling me it's ordered from Sailor although when I have ordered it did not say sold out

sharmon202
September 2nd, 2016, 03:42 PM
I tried Enjeika once, never again. Keeps your $ for as long as possible before he gives it back. Nice scheme if you can do it.

migo984
September 2nd, 2016, 06:31 PM
I tried Enjeika once, never again. Keeps your $ for as long as possible before he gives it back. Nice scheme if you can do it.

Many people are experiencing significant problems with getting orders fulfilled by Taizo - worse than we've come to expect - which is a shame. It's not just "unusual" or "special order" items either. It is very unfortunate that he gives the impression that he has stock when an order is placed when in reality he has not. I haven't bought from him for quite some time and won't be doing so again.

I endorse alan1947's suggestion of using Voice. Incredibly speedy delivery & they sometimes have some hard-to-find items available.

caribbean_skye
September 2nd, 2016, 08:58 PM
Only thing I have ordered from this site is ink. Have received 2 of my 3 orders and an enquiry about the first order was answered promptly. I get the impression that the website lists items that arent currently available for immediate shipment and more like a pre-order after which time the item is sourced.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

TSherbs
September 3rd, 2016, 06:28 AM
What is Voice?

Wade
September 3rd, 2016, 08:48 AM
I wasn't sure either, I googled and came up with the following:

http://global.rakuten.com/en/search/?sid=voice&tl=210246

Chrissy
September 3rd, 2016, 09:38 AM
Only thing I have ordered from this site is ink. Have received 2 of my 3 orders and an enquiry about the first order was answered promptly. I get the impression that the website lists items that arent currently available for immediate shipment and more like a pre-order after which time the item is sourced.

I wouldn't mind this all that much, but for the fact that he takes my money, and has it in his account, during all of the time he is sourcing the items he has listed for sale. If he was like Amazon and only actually took the money when he shipped the item I would be far happier. The fact that he lists items for sale that I can add to my cart and buy, when he doesn't have them in stock, really irritates me. As far as PayPal is concerned, dispatch should happen within 7 days, so he is breaking their terms and conditions.

Brilliant Bill
September 3rd, 2016, 11:55 AM
Exactly. Last year I ordered a Sailor KOP he had listed in stock. After three weeks I sent an email asking where it was -- he said it would take a year to ship. He wanted to keep a sizable amount of my money for a year! So, it was refund time. I have a suspicion Pilot is onto his game and giving him a hard time legally.

I wouldn't mind this all that much, but for the fact that he takes my money, and has it in his account, during all of the time he is sourcing the items he has listed for sale. If he was like Amazon and only actually took the money when he shipped the item I would be far happier. The fact that he lists items for sale that I can add to my cart and buy, when he doesn't have them in stock, really irritates me. As far as PayPal is concerned, dispatch should happen within 7 days, so he is breaking their terms and conditions.

caribbean_skye
September 3rd, 2016, 12:08 PM

I completely agree. That aspect drives me bananas. At the end of the day after having pre-paid a deposit for a custom pen that i know I wont receieve for 6-8 months, as long as I eventually get my stuff I guess I will deal with it.

alan1947
September 3rd, 2016, 12:48 PM
http://global.rakuten.com/en/store/voice/

Empty_of_Clouds
September 3rd, 2016, 07:26 PM
Yep, I find myself unhappily walking this particular path. I've paid for four bottles of Sailor ink, all of which categorically stated that they were 'in stock', and have since been told that my order has been forwarded directly to Sailor. I am royally pissed off as this was about the only time I've seen these inks at reasonable (i.e. normal, non-gouged) prices.

So what to do? My orders were on the 3rd and 8th of August. Wait one more week, or ask for refund immediately?

Taizo will not be getting my business again, that's a certainty.

Edit: have written to Taizo asking for an explanation, or failing that a refund.

Tiggercat
September 4th, 2016, 05:31 AM
Ditto, and ditto. I had previously purchased two pens from him (one of which was incorrect), but since then every time I go looking I compare him with similar sellers. In each case lately, the other sellers have had the advertised pen in hand while Taizo had to order it.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Red Harry N. G.
September 4th, 2016, 10:32 AM
I consider myself to be a very patient person, but it would frustrate me as well to pay for something only to later realise I'd have to wait several months more (and without being noticed about that, to top it off). To think about it, it's not so much about patience as it is about the whole concept how a company treats its costumers.

This is also the same reason I am conflicted about La couronne du comte. I love everything about them – the offering, communication, prices, free shipping within the EU when over €100 – but it's somewhat annoying that you can buy stuff while they don't have it. And, the same as with Engeika, in my case I wasn't noticed about it until I asked what's going on.

Granted, that was a whole year ago, so maybe they've changed their business model in the meantime, but it definitely left a bad taste in my mouth.

migo984
September 4th, 2016, 11:10 AM
I consider myself to be a very patient person, but it would frustrate me as well to pay for something only to later realise I'd have to wait several months more (and without being noticed about that, to top it off). To think about it, it's not so much about patience as it is about the whole concept how a company treats its costumers.

This is also the same reason I am conflicted about La couronne du comte. I love everything about them – the offering, communication, prices, free shipping within the EU when over €100 – but it's somewhat annoying that you can buy stuff while they don't have it. And, the same as with Engeika, in my case I wasn't noticed about it until I asked what's going on.

Granted, that was a whole year ago, so maybe they've changed their business model in the meantime, but it definitely left a bad taste in my mouth.

I'm afraid La Couronne still do that. I ordered a Marlen pen from them earlier in the summer & it was only after I paid that I was notified they had to order it from the factory. I complained & they expedited & fulfilled my order reasonably quickly in the end, but I was very annoyed there was no prior indication that they didn't actually physically have the pen when I placed the order.

I do understand that small sellers can't hold stocks of everything but I think it is incumbent on them to clearly state if they have items ordered in stock.

carlc
September 4th, 2016, 12:04 PM
I do understand that small sellers can't hold stocks of everything but I think it is incumbent on them to clearly state if they have items ordered in stock.

Amen

Personally I think it's just good customer service to do so and any company who doesn't will lose my custom in the future.

Sent from my E2303 using Tapatalk

Empty_of_Clouds
September 5th, 2016, 12:25 AM
Engeika wrote to me today with a rather lame excuse that quite clearly demonstrated that they had no ink in stock.

What should be my next step? Ask for a refund, or go on waiting?

Frankly speaking I will not patronise Engeika after this whatever I decide to do.

sharmon202
September 5th, 2016, 09:02 AM
OP, thanks for this thread, it reminded me to delete my account info.

alan1947
September 14th, 2016, 03:41 AM
just a follow up. I tried to get my money back and each time after waiting for days for a reply he would offer me a substitute. After about the 5th attempt I decided that instead of fighting with him for my 215 Dollars I would investigate his 'replacement' I took the view that better take the pen and put it down to experience. So I e mailed him and asked

1 Is it in stock
2 does it have the nib I want ,and
3 If I say 'yes' when could he ship. He replied to the first 2 in the affirmative and the 3rd he told me he would send it to the distribution centre(whatever that is) straight away.

Its day 3 and the straight away is about to run into day 4

Its an exasperating experience. I ordered stuff from voice 4 days ago and its already on its way to South Africa. I ordered from Pen House as well and a similar experience. Articles take 5 days from Japan to SA -1 day in customs and 2 days from the postal hub in Jhbg to my post office in Cape Town

I actually don't know what to do with this man as I think he says anything that he thinks will please you and does nothing. Maybe more people have to tell him that when he bucks up his service we will place orders with him. Even the site has been down for a month. I wonder if the guy is not maybe sick?

Can anybody shed any light on this

Brose
September 15th, 2016, 10:16 AM
I had the exact same experience.
I placed an order on Engeika for a Sailor King of Pen in ebonite with a medium nib.
The pen was listed as "in stock", so after 14 days and not having received a tracking code, I sent them an email asking what was going on.
I got a polite reply back saying that the pen would be shipped to the distribution center in a couple of days(!?).
Long story short - It took 3 emails and 3 weeks for them to ship the pen. Once it had finally been shipped, the shipping only took a couple of days.

I just don't get it.
I have the distribution of 23 shaving related brands in Scandinavia and also run a B2C webshop. We would ALWAYS do our best to keep the customer informed and make sure that expectations are met.

Dragonmaster Lou
September 15th, 2016, 12:26 PM
I was actually thinking of making a purchase from Engeika in the near future, but I'm now quite wary about doing so given these stories. It's a bit of a shame, given how they used to have a very good reputation.

I'll probably be buying through Amazon instead. Quite a few dealers there have prices comparable to Engeika with good feedback. There are also a couple of good ebay vendors I may use as well.

caribbean_skye
September 18th, 2016, 08:56 AM
Just a quick update. On friday I received my final ink order from them.

scrivelry
September 19th, 2016, 09:42 AM
I run into this all over, from all sorts of vendors, including medical supply. This "Just in time" inventory usually means, in my experience, late inventory.

Larger companies engage in it to limit warehousing, money invested in inventory - in short, all the things we pay an actual retail price for them to be doing. I am really beyond disgusted with the entire concept.

Empty_of_Clouds
September 20th, 2016, 12:37 AM
I've been able to get the money back from one of the two orders I placed, and believe me I had to get rather pointed in the series of emails leading to that refund (including a PayPal dispute opened). Now he is giving me the run around with the other order which was placed earlier! I have a mind to write to the head office of Sailor and ask if this is a standard practice for sellers who 'distribute' their inks. I suspect this may cause some embarrassment.

alan1947
September 22nd, 2016, 07:34 AM
I have made contact with him. He had refunded my money. He then said that he has the pen I wanted and he will ship and and . I said one more chance. He did give me an excellent discount

I hope he delivers

I will update

alan1947
September 22nd, 2016, 07:42 AM
I had worse service from another on e bay. this one is akibashipping. i purchased a Sailor Pro Gear real Realo. This seller was the cheapest and he sent it fairly fast. The pen arrived and its 'unwritable' Its supposed to be medium and its like XF. It breaks the paper when you write with it. Its really unusable. He tells me to 'tune it by writing'- all the writing in the world won't get it right. He of course now when i tell him to take it back is deathly silent. I will write to Sailor as its really a disgrace.

It served me right really. I should have ordered from Goblet or nibs .com to one of those that check the nib. Its worth the extra that you pay

alan1947
October 5th, 2016, 04:42 AM
Taizo finally gave my money back. He contacted me and said that he had the large Realo in stock at a good price and would deliver immediately and and and -I fell for that. He told me it would ship in a couple of days -that was the 19th September. I started contacting him on the 30th September and I have not recieved a reply even though I have e mailed him at least 3 times. Whatever I tell him falls on deaf ears. I asked him how he could possibley run an internet sales business if all he has is his word and he doesnt keep it

I have now escalated a complaint to PayPal

I don't think that the cares as nobody could give such poor service and get away with it.

There are other Japanese sellers on Rakuten - you also have a guarantee with them regarding delivery. The Voice and Pen Shop are 2 that come to mind. They ship quickly and reply to e mails promptly. There is Pisukan on eBay

One thing is for sure NEVER will I use Engeika again.

dimitris
October 9th, 2016, 03:15 AM
I had ordered two bottles of Rikyu Cha from Engeika, and decided to wait. After 2 months they were delivered, without a single note of apology! And Taizo didn't explain why he is listing items that he doesn't have, let alone items that are hard to procure.

Needless to say I will avoid Engeika in the future. On the contrary, Voice on Rakuten has been much better.

alan1947
October 10th, 2016, 06:09 AM
As soon as I contacted PayPal I got some action. It was not the action that I wanted as I clearly told him that if he had not shipped it I don't want it. well, you can guess he wrote to me a vanilla letter telling me it was shipped 2 days prior but after I had told him not to bother. I may as well keep it now -and he knows that because Im not going to ship it back to Japan and then fight for a refund. Next time I buy any Japans pen it will be through voice. I just hope that when the pen arrives its not going to be a 'lemon' and I have to start the procedure all over again