PDA

View Full Version : Montblanc 149 80's Ebonite Feed Replacement

FPNewbie
July 27th, 2016, 07:31 AM
Hi,

I have a Montblanc 149 ebonite feed, with a broken rib. I was wondering if anybody else has taken their's to Montblanc to be serviced. My question was, if they'll be replacing my one for a plastic feed?

Also does anyone have any idea how much this would cost, I tried sending an email to them and simply got a long email stating the procedure on how to send in my Montblanc, not an actual quote.

Thanks!

jar
July 27th, 2016, 08:12 AM
Welcome home. Pull up a stump and set a spell. Yes, Montblanc would replace your feed with a plastic one. If the pen is working the best course is to simply keep using it. If you must get the feed replaced then your best bet is either at a show of through one of the good folk that work with older Montblanc pens.

Wile E Coyote
July 27th, 2016, 09:46 AM
MB service generally starts around $65. They will certainly replace the feed with a plastic one and other parts as they deem necessary (which could include the nib). Do as Jar suggested and find someone who specializes in the repair of MB pens.

I don't know if Fountainbel is here on FPG and still provides service but that would be a good start.

Barry Gabay
July 29th, 2016, 11:57 AM
I agree with my old pal, jar. A couple of missing ribs on an ebonite comb-style feed won't have any impact on the pen's performance. Although the plastic feeds for the 149 are quite fluid and effective, I suggest you leave the original feed in place. Should you decide to sell or trade the pen someday, having all original components will carry more appeal than a newer feed from a later era.

FredRydr
July 31st, 2016, 02:40 PM
Try Robert Lott (Five Star Pens) for MB parts.

Fred