PDA

View Full Version : Diamine Introduce Their Brand New Bottles And Packaging.

Chrissy
July 27th, 2016, 09:56 AM
Diamine Inks have brand new, 80ml glass ink bottles, and new packaging, that has been specially designed by Inkymole to go with the packaging that they used on their range of Shimmer inks. This packaging was created by Inkymole using Diamine inks and a fountain pen. :)

The old 80ml bottles have been discontinued, because they are no longer available in sufficient quantity to satisfy demand, so Diamine had to find a new bottle. They took the opportunity of having their packaging for their new bottles redesigned at the same time.

The new bottles are the same basic shape but have studs or dots, not ridges, and although some of you may have already seen the new bottles, they have so far been issued during an interim period with original Diamine plastic caps, in the original Diamine grey and black boxes.

Some of these interim bottles have already been pictured and talked about in this thread. (http://fpgeeks.com/forum/showthread.php/16232-New-Diamine-Ink-Bottle-Dots-not-Grooves)

Now they are here to stay, and now they are launched in all of their new glory with their new gold caps and their new packaging:

The first thing you will notice is that the box is shorter.
The old box was 78mm high x 59mm wide x 59mm deep. The new box is 70mm high x 56mm wide x 56mm deep.
The design is completely different being black with gold splashes and writing. They also have a colour coded square label showing the ink inside the box.

The new bottles are virtually the same overall size as the old bottles, being a mere couple of mm taller overall. So the bottles now fit more snugly inside their boxes, making them less prone to bounce around. The new bottles also have more of a neck from the shoulders of the bottle. The bottle labels are the same shape but are redesigned and include a colour coded bar detailing the ink inside.

The caps are now gold coloured metal like some of the caps on the Shimmer inks bottles. They are less deep than the old plastic caps, and are smooth. I think they look very classy. I didn't find them at all slippery to unscrew and screw on.

Here are some pictures:

http://www.fountainpennetwork.com/forum/uploads/imgs/fpn_1469633111__diamine_inks_0016.jpg (http://www.fountainpennetwork.com/forum/uploads/imgs/fpn_1469633111__diamine_inks_0016.jpg)http://www.fountainpennetwork.com/forum/uploads/imgs/fpn_1469633160__diamine_new_packaging_0003.jpg (http://www.fountainpennetwork.com/forum/uploads/imgs/fpn_1469633160__diamine_new_packaging_0003.jpg)htt p://www.fountainpennetwork.com/forum/uploads/imgs/fpn_1469633219__diamine_new_packaging_0008.jpg (http://www.fountainpennetwork.com/forum/uploads/imgs/fpn_1469633219__diamine_new_packaging_0008.jpg)htt p://www.fountainpennetwork.com/forum/uploads/imgs/fpn_1469633538__img_0797_0019a.jpg (http://www.fountainpennetwork.com/forum/uploads/imgs/fpn_1469633538__img_0797_0019a.jpg)

sgtstretch
July 27th, 2016, 10:11 AM
I do like the new package typography designs!

bwnewton
July 27th, 2016, 10:40 AM
Thank you for sharing this information!

I really like the change, unlike when Waterman changed their packaging and names of colors a few years ago.

migo984
July 27th, 2016, 10:59 AM

For some reason I'm suddenly nostalgic for those 1970s pubs - all multicoloured swirly carpets & faux brass table lamps :mullet:

TSherbs
July 27th, 2016, 11:16 AM
Interesting.

Nothing radical.

Sailor Kenshin
July 27th, 2016, 01:12 PM
Label/box pretttyyyyy!

Bottles, eh....but I will probably have to buy one. Now, what color?

Lady Onogaro
July 27th, 2016, 03:30 PM
I like that the name of the ink is printed on the label. I have a bottle of Diamine *something* purple, and I can't remember what shade it is. It's lost it's little silver label from the top of the cap.

KKay
July 27th, 2016, 05:11 PM
The new stuff is okay. I like the bottle, and label. The cap color is just okay. I would like to see a cap grip like the old bottle had though.

migo984
July 27th, 2016, 06:18 PM
Diamine New Packaging focus group:

Can't help a bit of teasing 😉

catbert
July 28th, 2016, 07:43 AM
I think I'd prefer the new labels on the old bottles.

View from the Loft
July 28th, 2016, 08:55 AM
I still think they missed a trick.

The good - ink name on the label and the bottles are still very stable.

The missed opportunity - since they had to change the bottle, why not find a bottle with the same stability but a wider neck to make it easier to fill pens as the ink level drops?

Chrissy
July 28th, 2016, 09:45 AM
I still think they missed a trick.

The good - ink name on the label and the bottles are still very stable.

The missed opportunity - since they had to change the bottle, why not find a bottle with the same stability but a wider neck to make it easier to fill pens as the ink level drops?

I should think that it was hard enough to fit the brief as it was, and they just did their best.:)

Laura N
July 28th, 2016, 12:18 PM
Chrissy, in your second photo -- it looks like they may have dropped the "Shimmertastic" name, and now might be calling the line simply "Shimmering"?

That's what it looks like from the box, anyway. If so, additional kudos to them for that. :)

Maybe now we can start the petition asking them to rename "Umber." It is so wrong. :)

stub
July 28th, 2016, 12:48 PM
They hit that shit with the ugly stick. Like the old way better and always liked how easy it was to get your mitts on the cap. New cap is shorter and less griptactular (haha). Shimmertastic is a name they should lose in a hurry. That all said still love their inks and will by them in the new ugly bottles just as happily.

Chrissy
July 28th, 2016, 02:17 PM
Chrissy, in your second photo -- it looks like they may have dropped the "Shimmertastic" name, and now might be calling the line simply "Shimmering"?

That's what it looks like from the box, anyway. If so, additional kudos to them for that. :)

Maybe now we can start the petition asking them to rename "Umber." It is so wrong. :)

The last I heard was that Diamine were losing the word Shimmertastic. Maybe they are now just 'Shimmering inks' :) That's what the box says, and so does their web-site.

We don't need a petition to name Umber. It has just been renamed and is now known as Green Umber. :applause:

While I'm here Dark Brown is now Warm Brown, Dark Green is now Cool Green, and Light Green is now Spring Green. :)

Laura N
July 28th, 2016, 02:52 PM

The last I heard was that Diamine were losing the word Shimmertastic. Maybe they are now just 'Shimmering inks' :) That's what the box says, and so does their web-site.

We don't need a petition to name Umber. It has just been renamed and is now known as Green Umber. :applause:

Wow! Bravo, Diamine.

penwash
July 28th, 2016, 10:49 PM

While I'm here Dark Brown is now Warm Brown, Dark Green is now Cool Green, and Light Green is now Spring Green. :)

Just don't change my favorite "Ancient Copper" to "Aging Rust".

SIR
July 29th, 2016, 07:25 AM
I like the new labels and packaging but prefer the old bottles and tops...

southpaw52
July 29th, 2016, 07:50 AM
The packaging updates, give it more classic look. Nicely done Diamine.

FredRydr
August 3rd, 2016, 04:24 PM
...They also have a colour coded square label showing the ink inside the box....

Thank goodness!

Fred

Zaida
August 5th, 2016, 07:27 AM
I just received a 30ml bottle today with the new packaging, but I'm still trying to learn how to upload images. :noidea:

rafapa
August 5th, 2016, 11:27 AM
The 30ml bottles also have labels with the color on them?

Zaida
August 5th, 2016, 01:12 PM
Yes, also. I like it very much.

Zaida
August 6th, 2016, 05:15 AM
Sorry, just trying, but fail. :(

Zaida
August 6th, 2016, 05:16 AM
http://i68.tinypic.com/2ns7yxj.jpg

rafapa
August 6th, 2016, 07:07 AM
http://i68.tinypic.com/2ns7yxj.jpg

:applause::applause:

Chrissy
August 6th, 2016, 08:07 AM
Very nice. I had not seen one of those. :applause:

The Good Captain
August 7th, 2016, 03:07 AM
Very nice. I had not seen one of those. :applause:

Neither have I - yet.

Chrissy
August 7th, 2016, 03:39 AM
I must remedy that situation....:bounce:

MediaVita
August 11th, 2016, 09:20 AM
Love this new bottle. I've got only one from the 150th anniversary series (Safari) but Matador is on its way to me, I guess that with the old bottles. Where did you take it from?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Zaida
August 11th, 2016, 12:28 PM
From La Couronne du Compte.

laurielindly
August 12th, 2016, 08:02 PM
This week I received a 30ml bottle of Syrah and an 80ml bottle of Oxford Blue; they both have the old labels and old bottle style on the Oxford Blue. I just happen to stumble across this post earlier.

Laura N
August 12th, 2016, 08:52 PM
This week I received a 30ml bottle of Syrah and an 80ml bottle of Oxford Blue; they both have the old labels and old bottle style on the Oxford Blue. I just happen to stumble across this post earlier.

What store was that?

laurielindly
August 12th, 2016, 10:17 PM
Goulet Pens.