PDA

View Full Version : NoNonsense with A Painting on the Cap

penwash
August 1st, 2016, 05:13 PM
Not just any paintings, it's a painting of a ship from what looks like a watercolor painting with lines (pen... wash technique).

https://c1.staticflickr.com/9/8743/28092085263_d4d9a8e4f8_c.jpg

The nib is Italic Fine and guess what, it's so nice, about 0.6mm at the widest line, so it's completely usable for daily writings, *and* exhibits a nice Italic effect without being scratchy.

The cap has that ivory tint to it, and the barrel is dark burgundy, totally looks like a classy pen... with a painting on its cap

Anyone here have another NoNonsense with a painting on the cap?:)

Lady Onogaro
August 1st, 2016, 11:28 PM
Yes, I do. I have one with a Robin on the cap.

penwash
August 2nd, 2016, 07:16 AM
Yes, I do. I have one with a Robin on the cap.

Cool, maybe post a picture and we'll make a thread on the variety of Sheaffer NoNonsense :)

Lady Onogaro
August 2nd, 2016, 02:53 PM
[QUOTE=Lady Onogaro;178583]Yes, I do. I have one with a Robin on the cap.

Cool, maybe post a picture and we'll make a thread on the variety of Sheaffer NoNonsense :)

http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160802/38d0b3e1ac976d45fd3cb514997f8eab.jpg

Here it is. I got it at the Dallas Pen Show last year. Actually, I'm not sure what the bird it--it looks rather like a robin. I asked a while back whether anyone else had pens like these, and I believe it was Jar who said that Sheaffer made quite a number of these with different images on them.

Sent from my HUAWEI Y336-A1 using Tapatalk

penwash
August 2nd, 2016, 03:54 PM
That is so cool. I wonder what are the series? We've seen a bird and a ship, what else?
Maybe they are collectable today.

jar
August 2nd, 2016, 04:35 PM
Mostly they were pens sold in tourist attractions and silk screened to order with images related to the attraction being marketed.

penwash
August 2nd, 2016, 09:09 PM
Mostly they were pens sold in tourist attractions and silk screened to order with images related to the attraction being marketed.

But strangely these don't have the name of the attraction that it's supposed to market like other souvenirs.
Why is that?

jar
August 3rd, 2016, 05:50 AM

But strangely these don't have the name of the attraction that it's supposed to market like other souvenirs.
Why is that?

No idea.