PDA

View Full Version : Hello, I am also from Virginia

rye256
January 31st, 2013, 04:22 PM
You can all blame Stephen Brown for me being here. I certainly do. I am sure I am far from the first lot of fresh ink for the well he has poured this way. I also blame him because my list of desired fountain pens and ink to accompany them is getting far longer than the list of perfectly good fountain pens I already own.

I was very generously given a Parker 100 Honey White GT by a girl friend's pen collecting father. It was an amazing gift and my first gold nibbed pen. Prior to that I had been into mechanical pencils. Rotring and drafting equipment in general has been a weakness. As such, I procured a Rotring 600 in black with medium nib and smooth barrel to go with my pencils. I have only recently thrown myself into the eternal abyss that is collecting fountain pens, but I plan to enjoy the journey to financial poverty, but mechanical wealth. I have more pencils than pens, but this is an oversight I intend to correct; as finances allow.

On this journey into the depths, I intend to take part in the Month of Madness that is InCoWriMo and continue to work on my handwriting. I hope to lurk and learn as much as possible in the mean time.

Ryan

Bogon07
January 31st, 2013, 05:31 PM
Hiya Rye256 and welcome to the FPG forum.

Wow the Parker 100 Honey White GT is a swish looking pen.
I'm sure you will find plenty of helpful pointers expanding your FP collection and don't forget to budget for inks and notebooks too.

I too started with a big pile Mechanical pencils and gel pens before picking up Fountain Pens. KrazyIvan can take partial resposibility for that by suggesting that I could find interesting fountain pen inks to rival or exceed some to the hard find Japanese gel ink pen colours.

eriquito
January 31st, 2013, 05:31 PM
Ryan! Welcome!! We'll throw blame at Stephen Brown if you like (because that's always fun to do), but personally, I'm glad you're here. The eternal abyss is brighter for your presence!

=) Eric

writingrav
February 1st, 2013, 05:03 AM
Welcome to Geekland! Lurking may be injurious to your wallet.

KrazyIvan
February 1st, 2013, 08:50 AM
Ryan is feeling the power of the Dark Side. :)

Welcome.

caribbean_skye
February 1st, 2013, 06:11 PM
Welcome welcome. What Ivan said... although yes, I to blame a certain Dutch-man for my ever growing list of desired pens. I should notate next to each item who/where I saw/heard of this item from. :)

Enjoy InCoWriMo!

auto winder
February 3rd, 2013, 01:29 AM
Welcome to the forum! :welcome:

chad.trent
February 7th, 2013, 02:50 PM
Welcome. What part of VA are you from?

jfsisler
February 11th, 2013, 07:40 AM
Welcome! I am a Virginian (from Richmond) living in the wilds of western Massachusetts:) Kind of jealous that all it did in Virginia last week was rain. I'd gladly send some snow to both you and Chad if I could.

fountainpenkid
February 11th, 2013, 09:46 AM
Welcome!

Tracy Lee
February 11th, 2013, 12:46 PM
Hi Ryan, welcome. Letter on the way! :)

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2