PDA

View Full Version : WTT: Nakaya Naka-ai medium nib with added flex for your Nakaya.

heraclitus682
August 8th, 2016, 03:51 PM
I just purchased a Nakaya Naka-ai in aka-tamenuri. It has a medium nib with added flex. I wanted to try John's famous added flex modification and I must say...I hate it. Want to trade for your Nakaya. Yours must be in good condition (mine is as new), have a clip, have a regular round medium or broad nib, and not be black. I would even be willing to trade nibs, but I hear getting a Nakaya nib out can be difficult. I'll post pics later.

Curtisvan
September 13th, 2016, 08:28 AM
Pics?

alexander_k
September 13th, 2016, 12:00 PM
I haven't found it difficult to dismantle a Nakaya nib on the three pens I own. With a careful pull you can take it out easily and without damage. I believe, however, that there are two types of Nakaya nibs, the old and the new one.

alexander_k
September 13th, 2016, 12:02 PM
And I would be interested in a nib exchange, if you're willing to let your nib cross the Atlantic.

ethernautrix
September 14th, 2016, 09:10 AM
Make sure the feeds are compatible. I don't remember when the feeds were updated (for lack of a better word), maybe a couple of years ago.

Also, try not to exchange nibs too often as the tight fit can become loose. Ask me how I know.

(Standard gold nib--ruthenium-plated nib--back to standard gold nib (oops! a bit loose!)--and thus back to the ruthenium-plated nib. With no lack of satisfaction, btw. I'm happy with the combinations, but I did notice that perhaps the plated nib was enough thicker that it made fitting a standard gold nib fit loosely. Just in the one pen, which (admittedly) had had a couple of nib swaps, out of curiosity, which has now been guillotined for that particular Piccolo. Lucky for me, I very much like its nib.)

McKool
September 14th, 2016, 10:40 AM
Didn't you purchase this from "Brian C." over at Fountain Pen Network?