PDA

View Full Version : Did You Correspond Today?

Pages : 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16

Type40
February 22nd, 2013, 11:23 AM
Sweden and Israel, covered. Time for another trip to the post office for stamps. :)

Aleks
February 22nd, 2013, 12:05 PM
Im actually done with my 28-letter pledge!!! weeeeeeeeeeeeee!!! i overcame my commitment issues :D

France
Netherlands
Australia
India
Israel
USA
Brasil

were the ones i covered :) you know who you are!!! ... now ill write a couple others to victimize a couple other :D cheers~!!!

Type40
February 22nd, 2013, 01:25 PM
Belgium and Spain are written and will be dropped off shortly.

A pot of tea, home made cookies, and letter writing. :)

fountainpenkid
February 22nd, 2013, 01:29 PM
Wrote a reply to Ivan, a humorous reply to J.Adam, and sent one to Tiffany Henchel as well.

KrazyIvan
February 22nd, 2013, 01:52 PM
Wrote a reply to Ivan, a humorous reply to J.Adam, and sent one to Tiffany Henchel as well.

Wow, that was fast, I dropped that in the mail yesterday.

International correspondence to everyone that has written me from outside the US should go out as soon as I receive my round globe international forever stamps. :) I placed my order for them today but had them shipped since I can't make it to the post office before they close. I also have a couple of domestic letters to go out but I also ran out of domestic stampage. :) Ordered the just released today muscle car stamps.

fountainpenkid
February 22nd, 2013, 02:11 PM
Wow, that was fast, I dropped that in the mail yesterday.

International correspondence to everyone that has written me from outside the US should go out as soon as I receive my round globe international forever stamps. :) I placed my order for them today but had them shipped since I can't make it to the post office before they close. I also have a couple of domestic letters to go out but I also ran out of domestic stampage. :) Ordered the just released today muscle car stamps.

Whoa! You're telling me that Red Dragon letter was put in yesterday!??

caribbean_skye
February 22nd, 2013, 02:31 PM
Why is it that when I look at the cancellations/dates the letters were written that the post office seem to be getting mail to its destination in record time but when I mail a letter at any other time it takes almost 2 weeks to get to the other side of the country?

KrazyIvan
February 22nd, 2013, 03:01 PM
Whoa! You're telling me that Red Dragon letter was put in yesterday!??

Yes sir.

writingrav
February 22nd, 2013, 04:14 PM
Today's count: 5 incoming!! Only 1 out, but that makes 61.

PostMuse
February 22nd, 2013, 05:18 PM
I've been writing every day, and I've sent 214 pieces of mail this month, so far. I have lots of penfriends, and my postcard project, and other mail projects, so the amount of mail isn't really that much different for me. It is just that I've been trying to respond to incoming within a week, when I usually take an average of 32 days for turnaround. I still have many FPGeeks on my "to write" list and I'm going to try to get those all out within the week. I will go back to my usual turnaround at the end of the month, and I never leave a letter/note/postcard unanswered, even it takes months and months for the reply to go out.

This has been such fun! I am so glad someone posted a comment (which was a bit misleading, but maybe just a misunderstanding) in the Month of Letter Forum about InCoWriMo, and I followed the link and discovered so many people eager to share pen and ink.

writingrav
February 23rd, 2013, 06:06 AM
I've been writing every day, and I've sent 214 pieces of mail this month, so far. I have lots of penfriends, and my postcard project, and other mail projects, so the amount of mail isn't really that much different for me. It is just that I've been trying to respond to incoming within a week, when I usually take an average of 32 days for turnaround. I still have many FPGeeks on my "to write" list and I'm going to try to get those all out within the week. I will go back to my usual turnaround at the end of the month, and I never leave a letter/note/postcard unanswered, even it takes months and months for the reply to go out.

This has been such fun! I am so glad someone posted a comment (which was a bit misleading, but maybe just a misunderstanding) in the Month of Letter Forum about InCoWriMo, and I followed the link and discovered so many people eager to share pen and ink.

Wow! And I thought I posted a lot of mail!

manoeuver
February 23rd, 2013, 06:56 AM
Failed Yesterday.
Got one written today, will post it later.

AndreasDavour
February 23rd, 2013, 09:03 AM
Today's letter: Queen Elisabeth.

I don't expect an answer. ;)

I'm way behind PostMuse, but I guess so are more than me.

Also going out today are a few replies to incoming letters.

AndreasDavour
February 23rd, 2013, 09:56 AM
Oh, and I forgot. Naturally I made that a reason to take out one of my Mabie Todd, and used only Diamine ink. Made in the UK. Fitting, eh? :)

Type40
February 23rd, 2013, 11:47 AM
Canada and the Netherlands are going out today. Other than companies, that should be everyone outside the US.

Tracy Lee
February 23rd, 2013, 11:56 AM
India and the UK today, along with a nice long letter back to Ashli. It is time for a nap now, I am so sleepy today!!

KrazyIvan
February 23rd, 2013, 02:19 PM
A card written and two more in the works.

ThriveToScribe
February 23rd, 2013, 02:35 PM
Why is it that when I look at the cancellations/dates the letters were written that the post office seem to be getting mail to its destination in record time but when I mail a letter at any other time it takes almost 2 weeks to get to the other side of the country?

LOL! Perhaps the Post Office is shocked at the flurry of letters--handwritten!--and they want to keep it going. Hey, maybe we're helping to save the USPS from bankruptcy (!) InCoWriMo was a brilliant idea. My only regret is joining fpGeeks so recently, I won't meet the quota. Well, there's always next year, yes?

caribbean_skye
February 23rd, 2013, 04:18 PM
LOL! Perhaps the Post Office is shocked at the flurry of letters--handwritten!--and they want to keep it going. Hey, maybe we're helping to save the USPS from bankruptcy (!) InCoWriMo was a brilliant idea. My only regret is joining fpGeeks so recently, I won't meet the quota. Well, there's always next year, yes?

Hehe, don't I wish! Every day this month I've had mail in my mailbox which is unusual as it's usually maybe once or twice a week. Not sure I can go back to that when this month is over, ahh well...

Yes, InCoWriMo was a brilliant idea, and no it's not too late, but it does mean that you need to get your scribbling/writing on. You can send a note card or post card (don't require quite as much writing as letters), but if not, guess we'll look for you next year. :)

Type40
February 23rd, 2013, 05:59 PM
States covered today, Massachusetts, Connecticut, and Florida working from furthest (from Oregon) out first.

Plus a postcard to Australia and a letter to someone new to the group in the UK.

Just got them to the post office before pickup for the day.

Bohemond76
February 24th, 2013, 08:09 AM
letters out to US, Brazil, Czech Republic and UK :)

Type40
February 24th, 2013, 11:11 AM
To those in New York and Philadelphia, your letters are written, closed, sealed, stamped, and awaiting tomorrows pickup.

Tracy Lee
February 24th, 2013, 05:29 PM
I am at maybe 72 or something? Losing track. Wrote four this evening, including some replies to both folks I haven't written to prior, and one that I have. I just keep writing until people stop. I still have one or two in me before bed, I still have a list and lofty goals to meet by the 28th!! :-) Have a good final week of the official InCoWriMo fellow geek peeps, and Eric? Thank you again. This has been just fantastic. Truly an optimum launch. I know a little something about those!

KrazyIvan
February 25th, 2013, 10:36 AM
I have 7-8 international letters waiting for stamps. Anyone know how long the USPS takes to deliver stamps to your door?

Type40
February 25th, 2013, 12:01 PM
5 left in the box for pickup from yesterday plus,
3 from today (VA, and MD) from today.

4 Letters came in today :)

1 more written (KT) and 2 more in the work, planning on getting to the post office before cutoff. Who knows how many more. :)

KrazyIvan
February 25th, 2013, 12:03 PM
One letter just came in from Arlington, VA.

Bohemond76
February 25th, 2013, 12:27 PM
I got two letters today from a Rabi and a NASA attorney and just sat there reading them with some awe as both had very nice stationery! Now how on earth am I going to write them back with my crappy paper?
Anyways I must admit I didn't manage to correspond today as I have been running about trying to save a sick ( near starving cat ) from the frost today. Not posting any pictures of it as the poor thing is just a wreck. At lest its warm and dry and eating and getting medicen and a docs appointment tomorrow so we'll see if he/she will live. I saved another dumped house cat a month ago prior to the winter frost from certain death and its now a , named Leo, gorgeous loving cat waiting for adoption.
....and yes will write tomorrow. ;)

Bohe from Belgium

manoeuver
February 25th, 2013, 01:17 PM
Popped a personal note in with a commission check today. It counts.

It's waiting for the postperson with two friends. And said postperson ostensibly has my xfountainpens shipment- 4 new pens (like I need them) and stubs galore for me Konrads.

Gaah!

caribbean_skye
February 25th, 2013, 01:47 PM
And said postperson ostensibly has my xfountainpens shipment- 4 new pens (like I need them) and stubs galore for me Konrads.

If you don't want those pens, you can always pass them along. *smiles* I will love them for you until you're ready for them. :) I'm sure there are others who will also provide them sufficient attention in your stead. :D

writingrav
February 25th, 2013, 02:22 PM
Four wonderful letters received today. Four sent.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

KrazyIvan
February 25th, 2013, 02:28 PM
A late letter arrived. One reply written.

Tracy Lee
February 26th, 2013, 04:48 AM
Two going out today, I wanted to do at least 4 but my eyes absolutely refused to stay open last night. The best part though, was the 5 letters and one postcard that arrived yesterday, I savoured each one. I still plan replies, but those may be after the 28th if I can't muster the time to do everything I want to do by the 28th. I am suddenly just a little frantic with the calendar! :eek:

Tracy Lee
February 26th, 2013, 04:52 AM
I got two letters today from a Rabi and a NASA attorney and just sat there reading them with some awe as both had very nice stationery! Now how on earth am I going to write them back with my crappy paper?
Anyways I must admit I didn't manage to correspond today as I have been running about trying to save a sick ( near starving cat ) from the frost today. Not posting any pictures of it as the poor thing is just a wreck. At lest its warm and dry and eating and getting medicen and a docs appointment tomorrow so we'll see if he/she will live. I saved another dumped house cat a month ago prior to the winter frost from certain death and its now a , named Leo, gorgeous loving cat waiting for adoption.

Bohe from Belgium

Let me speak for that NASA attorney - she doesn't care if you write back on a candy bar wrapper! And you are out saving cats from the winter monster? That makes you A+ in my book. :)

caribbean_skye
February 26th, 2013, 08:48 AM
Two going out today, I wanted to do at least 4 but my eyes absolutely refused to stay open last night. The best part though, was the 5 letters and one postcard that arrived yesterday, I savoured each one. I still plan replies, but those may be after the 28th if I can't muster the time to do everything I want to do by the 28th. I am suddenly just a little frantic with the calendar! :eek:

I know how you feel!

Bohe from Belgium

Awwww, an animal lover, especially a cat lover who is trying to save not one but a second kitty, that trumps most things in my book. Glad the kitties have someone like you to save then.

Saintpaulia
February 26th, 2013, 09:09 AM

I don't know what you're frantic about. You've exceeded your quota by yards! And you can keep on doing this forever! That's what Eric had in mind ultimately don't you think?

AndreasDavour
February 26th, 2013, 11:33 AM
I sent three letters today. Texas, Oregon and California.

Better still! Now I'm really starting to get some answers! I've promised myself to answer all incoming, since I feel so disappointed myself when those epistles of mine go unanswered.

I'm having a blast!

Saintpaulia
February 26th, 2013, 11:53 AM
Yes I answer every mail. For some time now, I've been corresponding back and forth with a few correspondents. Developing something of a "relationship". It's taken on a life of its own.

Type40
February 26th, 2013, 05:17 PM
"Did you correspond Today?" I'm going to go with, yes.

1 to Virgin Islands, 1 to Connecticut, 1 to Iowa, 1 to Arkansas, and to 4 Texas.

On target to get one letter to everyone listed on the site that are people (have a profile and not just a business) by the end of the month.

7 to go.

Replies will have to wait till I get more envelopers (running low).

fountainpenkid
February 26th, 2013, 05:31 PM
"Did you correspond Today?" I'm going to go with, yes.

1 to Virgin Islands, 1 to Connecticut, 1 to Iowa, 1 to Arkansas, and to 4 Texas.

On target to get one letter to everyone listed on the site that are people (have a profile and not just a business) by the end of the month.

7 to go.

Replies will have to wait till I get more envelopers (running low).

Same! I'm almost out of envelopes now!

caribbean_skye
February 26th, 2013, 05:50 PM
I had planned to get everyone on the list however I don't know whether that is going to happen, unfortunately. I guess the ones I don't get to will have to be on the top of the list for next year (or will get theirs written after the 28th).

Tracy Lee
February 26th, 2013, 07:43 PM
My goal is everyone in the thread so just 4 more left as it turns out, if I did indeed capture everyone (I have really tried). Four more written tonight - Arizona, St. Croix, Iowa, and Oregon. That makes 80. I am already denting the new stationery stash! I still have a pile of replies to do. I received six letters yesterday and 5 today. One more night of dropping into bed with a smile on my face, and pen people in my heart. :)

Tracy Lee
February 26th, 2013, 07:48 PM
I don't know what you're frantic about. You've exceeded your quota by yards! And you can keep on doing this forever! That's what Eric had in mind ultimately don't you think?

Yes, you are so right. I think whether or not he meant it to continue, for some of us it will. I'll just keep writing to those that expressed interest until they stop writing back. :) Or until the restraining orders start arriving, you know, whichever comes first. :p I am pretty flexible that way.

Carole
February 27th, 2013, 12:09 AM
Tracy Lee: And you are out saving cats from the winter monster? That makes you A+ in my book.

caribbean_skye: Awwww, an animal lover, especially a cat lover who is trying to save not one but a second kitty, that trumps most things in my book. Glad the kitties have someone like you to save then.
Absolutely! Sending you and the sick kitty good thoughts. I'm sure the little guy is feeling the love. Thank you for doing this. A ++, and 2 opposable thumbs up!

KrazyIvan
February 27th, 2013, 09:29 AM
People are going to get letters from me in March. I still don't have my stamps. I have a lot of letters to go out.

caribbean_skye
February 27th, 2013, 09:51 AM
People are going to get letters from me in March. I still don't have my stamps. I have a lot of letters to go out.

*nods* same here. Finally got the post office yesterday, just before closing and the line was really long. Ended up getting some at the computerised kiosk but they're the ugly QR codes. I am however writing as many as time (ink and hands) allow.

writingrav
February 27th, 2013, 09:55 AM
I put 3 in the mail this morning and have selected 4 addresses for tonight after work. I want to end the month with a barrage tomorrow.

fountainpenkid
February 27th, 2013, 07:14 PM
I wrote a reply to Mary-Ann Brown. I have some design plans of a new filling system I'm working on included.

Tracy Lee
February 27th, 2013, 08:01 PM
4 more written tonight, and 5 more received which was just fantastic. So, about 18 replies to work on at a reasonable pace. I met my personal goals this month, which were many. How is everyone feeling on this eve of the InCoWriMo sunset? Eric, how do you think it turned out? Exceeded expectations? Met them? Do tell.

jfsisler
February 28th, 2013, 07:15 AM
I had a nice bookend to Incowrimo - I started by writing Eric a letter and ended with sending Lord Windermere and Stephen one. I'm going to keep going in March. Still want to write some letters and need to do some responses too....my mailbox has enjoyed the action and if I keep going at this pace, I should single-handedly be able to save my post office.

chaimann
February 28th, 2013, 10:59 AM
I love seeing everyone still excited about what they have done/are doing. Y'all don't be strangers after today, you hear?

Re: envelopes. When my mother died nine years ago, one of the things I inherited was her stationery box with its stash of envelopes. I still have three full boxes and two partial boxes of plain, business-ish envelopes that need to be used up. Wish it were easier to share them. Dang it, I guess I will just have to write more letters.

fountainpenkid
February 28th, 2013, 01:48 PM
Eric never sent me a letter :( Really, its fine. I'm going to reply to the 5 letters I got in the past two days, and maybe send one to lord windhamere notifying him of a death threat ;)

caribbean_skye
February 28th, 2013, 01:58 PM
I love seeing everyone still excited about what they have done/are doing. Y'all don't be strangers after today, you hear?

Re: envelopes. When my mother died nine years ago, one of the things I inherited was her stationery box with its stash of envelopes. I still have three full boxes and two partial boxes of plain, business-ish envelopes that need to be used up. Wish it were easier to share them. Dang it, I guess I will just have to write more letters.

Heh, if you want to get rid of envelopes, you could always fold one in half and put it in your outgoing letters, that way they already have an envelope at their disposal. Just a thought.

Eric never sent me a letter :( Really, its fine. I'm going to reply to the 5 letters I got in the past two days, and maybe send one to lord windhamere notifying him of a death threat ;)

Awww FPK, if I recall he was out at the pen show so I'm sure he's got quite a stack to reply to. Maybe your letter is one of those, don't despair.

my mailbox has enjoyed the action and if I keep going at this pace, I should single-handedly be able to save my post office.

Wow, didn't realise yours was in danger of being closed. :(

fountainpenkid
February 28th, 2013, 03:18 PM
Heh, if you want to get rid of envelopes, you could always fold one in half and put it in your outgoing letters, that way they already have an envelope at their disposal. Just a thought.

Awww FPK, if I recall he was out at the pen show so I'm sure he's got quite a stack to reply to. Maybe your letter is one of those, don't despair.

Someone once posted a thing on a tiny (like, playhouse tiny) little post office somewhere in the U.S that was endangered of being closed...maybe it was Jennie.

eriquito
February 28th, 2013, 06:01 PM
I corresponded every day during InCoWriMo but now have a LARGE stack of letters/cards that need replies. I'll be busy right through March - and I'm happy about that. I'm going to miss InCoWriMo.

Will, I had planned to respond to your letter... the one you said you sent... but it never arrived :-/

fountainpenkid
February 28th, 2013, 06:05 PM
I corresponded every day during InCoWriMo but now have a LARGE stack of letters/cards that need replies. I'll be busy right through March - and I'm happy about that. I'm going to miss InCoWriMo.

Will, I had planned to respond to your letter... the one you said you sent... but it never arrived :-/

You're right. I must have gotten so carried away with all the mailing addresses that I misplaced your letter before I could put it in an envelope. I'll send you one tomorrow. I totally forgot about that. Thanks for reminding me!

PostMuse
February 28th, 2013, 08:10 PM
Someone once posted a thing on a tiny (like, playhouse tiny) little post office somewhere in the U.S that was endangered of being closed...maybe it was Jennie.

I think Jennie did post the link because she had a similar situation in her town, but in case she doesn't see your query, the little post office in Maine is here http://janedavies-collagejourneys.blogspot.com/2013/01/the-post-office.html and Jane is very grateful for all the mail she has received. I think it is over 1000 postcards in the month of February. I hope it does help her keep her post office open. And do watch the chicken video.

Type40
February 28th, 2013, 09:24 PM
Sent my last batch today with 4 minutes before the pickup time on the mail box. 4 Letters and 2 postcards.
I have only one single envelope left till my new supply is delivered. Unfortunately this means my replies will be slightly delayed.

It has been a fun and wild ride.

TheRoXFiles
February 28th, 2013, 09:39 PM
I've written three letters as of right now, which bumps me up to a total of 38 letters. Not bad! :)

Bogon07
March 3rd, 2013, 02:45 PM
Posted another two this morning plus my FPG tortoise entry.

Alex Hackmann
March 3rd, 2013, 03:00 PM
I got two more letters from US and answers have been written today. One letter had a part written in Portuguese. Fancy, isn't it? :)

Type40
March 3rd, 2013, 03:29 PM
I too haven't completely fallen off the wagon yet. Though am still waiting for my supply of envelopes to arrive.

For oddities I received two letters on the first one from the UK and one from PA, both without the stamps being metered.

jfsisler
March 4th, 2013, 11:28 AM

No that was one in Vermont, not mine. I did blog about mine, and yes, we were faced with a closing. http://jenniesisler.wordpress.com/2013/01/27/going-postal/ is the link to the post I wrote.

jfsisler
March 4th, 2013, 11:29 AM

Yeah it's kind of sad, but so far so good. Let's just hope we keep it going:)

fountainpenkid
March 4th, 2013, 07:10 PM
PostMuse and many others have letters on the way. PostMuse also has a special treat (a pen, not food) on the way soon as well!

PostMuse
March 5th, 2013, 05:20 AM
PostMuse and many others have letters on the way. PostMuse also has a special treat (a pen, not food) on the way soon as well!

Wow! A pen is indeed a special treat! Thank you!

KrazyIvan
March 5th, 2013, 08:47 AM
All those that wrote me for InCoWriMo and have not received a response, your letter was just posted. I finally received my stamps:

http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8239/8531717674_38015746db_z.jpg (http://www.flickr.com/photos/ivan_romero/8531717674/)
Finally, stamps are in. Ask those that wrote me for #InCoWriMo, your reply is on the way. (http://www.flickr.com/photos/ivan_romero/8531717674/) by IvanRomero (http://www.flickr.com/people/ivan_romero/), on Flickr

fountainpenkid
March 5th, 2013, 03:33 PM
Wow! A pen is indeed a special treat! Thank you!

You're welcome!

Bogon07
March 7th, 2013, 02:30 PM
Some more replies and a few new InCoPenPal victims.
Stamps are now approaching critical levels again. Another trip to the PostOffice coming up :bad:

southpaw52
March 7th, 2013, 02:44 PM
I sent out 4 letters today. I have decided to make 2013 my big year for writing.

fountainpenkid
March 7th, 2013, 02:49 PM
Won't be sending out any more letters for a while...my parents say we don't have enough money. I will keep writing them though!

Type40
March 7th, 2013, 03:38 PM
Got my envelopes yesterday. Mailed the 4 replies to letters I got on the 28th today. Working them in order. Feels good to be writing again (after missing 2 days).

KrazyIvan
March 7th, 2013, 03:51 PM
Got my envelopes yesterday. Mailed the 4 replies to letters I got on the 28th today. Working them in order. Feels good to be writing again (after missing 2 days).

I received your mail. Your's is the first with a wax seal that made it to me intact!

Type40
March 7th, 2013, 05:01 PM
I received your mail. Your's is the first with a wax seal that made it to me intact!

I am very glad on both counts.

Alex Hackmann
March 7th, 2013, 05:48 PM
Today I got 3 more letters from Dames, Terri and Lesley. I am already working on the answers.

;)

Tracy Lee
March 7th, 2013, 07:05 PM
My mailbox has been full every day for the last week. It has been AWESOME!!!! :-) Got replies out to Andreas and Rob today - work has interfered with my progress this week for sure, I think I have 26 letters to respond to. I promise I will do them all. :)

writingrav
March 7th, 2013, 08:14 PM
I've been getting 2 to 4 letters a day. Sent out 3 today. Two replies and one new. Wrote another reply tonight to go out tomorrow. Perfect!

manoeuver
March 8th, 2013, 05:42 AM
Wrote 3 this morning. There must be some kind of major deadline looming elsewhere in my world. (of course there is!)

A lovely way to procrastinate.

Type40
March 8th, 2013, 02:26 PM
Replies are much harder to get out then initial letters. My initial letters were between 170 - 450 words depending on what they had in there profile. The 7 replies I sent out today (5 letters, 2 postcards) totaled 3892 words with the highest count in one letter of 1249 words.

I really need something that holds more than a cartridge converter. Time for another refill. :)

caribbean_skye
March 8th, 2013, 02:39 PM
Glad to see that I'm not the only one who has a lovely "stack of love" to reply to.

Replies are much harder to get out then initial letters. My initial letters were between 170 - 450 words depending on what they had in there profile. The 7 replies I sent out today (5 letters, 2 postcards) totaled 3892 words with the highest count in one letter of 1249 words.

I really need something that holds more than a cartridge converter. Time for another refill. :)

Are you counting your words before you send them out Type40? I find that replies are much easier to write as I generally have something to work with (especially if I don't start trying to multi task at the same time).

Type40
March 8th, 2013, 06:26 PM
I write it them up on my computer first, for proofing. It also helps to have a record of what I have sent.

It is much easier to write back to people, it is just takes longer to do each letter. The initials were quick, these take time. Which I enjoy, just when you are use to sending to multiple people, sending to just a few is different.

Bogon07
March 9th, 2013, 01:45 AM
Three more completed today and that is the end of the overseas stamps again.
doing replies is being complicated by not remembering which inks I've used previously.

Toffer
March 9th, 2013, 04:40 AM
I write it them up on my computer first, for proofing. It also helps to have a record of what I have sent.

It is much easier to write back to people, it is just takes longer to do each letter. The initials were quick, these take time. Which I enjoy, just when you are use to sending to multiple people, sending to just a few is different.
That's a good idea! The one problem I have found with my letters is I can't remember what I said in the previous one!

writingrav
March 9th, 2013, 05:08 AM
That's a good idea! The one problem I have found with my letters is I can't remember what I said in the previous one!

But why type! I keep a letter journal. That way I get to write the letter twice and to choose two different pens and inks if I want. (Total disclosure: Didn't do that with all the initial incowrimo letters, but will with all that continue into correspondences as I do with my regular correspondence.)

caribbean_skye
March 9th, 2013, 10:33 AM
Oh my, that takes too much time for me. Someone mentioned to me that they "scan" their letters into their computer before mailing them. I never remember what I write, but I take my cues from what was replied. The most I may do is jot down key words of things I've written about to jog my memory but most of the time I forget to do that.

caribbean_skye
March 9th, 2013, 10:37 AM
Three more completed today and that is the end of the overseas stamps again.
doing replies is being complicated by not remembering which inks I've used previously.

I've started a correspondence journal, saying who I wrote to and what ink/pen/paper combo I've used. Also detailed are who I've received letters from and if I am curious about that pen/ink then I notate that so I can go straight to their stack of letters.

TheRoXFiles
March 9th, 2013, 10:56 AM
Oh my, that takes too much time for me. Someone mentioned to me that they "scan" their letters into their computer before mailing them. I never remember what I write, but I take my cues from what was replied. The most I may do is jot down key words of things I've written about to jog my memory but most of the time I forget to do that.

Agreed...I write long letters. I can't write letters twice like that. x_x

One thing that came to mind is, use a notebook with carbon paper. Like...back in college, when I had biology and chemistry classes, I had to use a lab book that had carbon paper between the sheets and a separate cardboard insert to prevent folks from accidentally writing on the pages below. The downside to using this is...well...for best results, I think you'd need a ballpoint pen, since you're meant to press down hard when using carbon paper to be able to have legible copies.

The other thing that came to mind was something I was trying to do last month as a sideline experiment with InCoWriMo--write small messages on a memo pad, take pictures, then share the pictures online (eg on Facebook). But it didn't take off because I was the only one trying to do this, and none of my friends or family were interested in reading anything handwritten. I was disappointed by that...thing is, at work, we do something similar to this all the time, except we use a scanner instead of a camera. We're used to working with hard copies of documents and their digital counterparts. But I guess that outside of an office environment, this just doesn't fly so well. Shame, too--because I feel that doing this kind of thing would be the best of both worlds. You still have your handwritten notes or letters, but you can share them instantly, for almost nothing, and be certain that the recipient will receive it.

PostMuse
March 10th, 2013, 11:57 AM
Another way of keeping track of what you write is to annotate the incoming letters. I write notes in the margins as I'm reading so when I reply, which is usually quite a bit later, I remember what I was thinking the first time I read the letter. I know from experience that keeping exact copies of what I've written makes me too anxious, so I try to keep things as simple as possible, otherwise I am afraid of burning out, as I have done in the past.

Bohemond76
March 10th, 2013, 01:13 PM
Catching up on my corrspondence here with 4 letters going in the post tomorrow to Cheryl, Traceylee, Lesley and Denise, all in the USofA :)

KrazyIvan
March 11th, 2013, 08:22 AM
I just got one of my InCoWriMo letters returned for insufficient postage. It does not make any sense. I mailed the same type of card all over the US and it is returned with 20 cents postage due???? It has a forever stamp on it (the new ones, 46 cents).

EDIT: I just went to my office postage machine to weigh it and it is .5 oz. and the postage it wants to print is .46 so I am totally lost why it has 20 cents due.

EDIT Part II: Okay, figured it out. It's a square envelope. Apparently that is 20 cents more to mail. That makes me wonder if anyone else received any postage due notice. :cry: Ordered some .66 cent stamps. :redface:

TonyJones
March 11th, 2013, 02:10 PM
Carribean_Skye, I've written 98% of your letter. You best get a cup of green tea on the go before you open it ;)

Sent from a handheld thingy-majig with lots of transistors inside using Tapatalk 2

Bogon07
March 11th, 2013, 04:10 PM
Picked up another sheet of overseas stamps yesterday. Canberra ones instead of that silly Koala this time.
Posted off another reply this morning.

writingrav
March 11th, 2013, 04:11 PM
received four letters today and sent out three replies. The fun just doesn't stop!

Tracy Lee
March 11th, 2013, 04:26 PM
My first day in two weeks without a letter but three replies out today. Gonna keep on writing! :-)

fountainpenkid
March 11th, 2013, 06:21 PM
Wrote at least 15 letters to all the students of Tiffany's class that sent me letters. It was great to hear their enthusiasm!

woosang
March 12th, 2013, 06:09 AM
Ran outta envelopes today but writing letters ready for my new supply..

woosang
March 12th, 2013, 06:10 AM
Picked up another sheet of overseas stamps yesterday. Canberra ones instead of that silly Koala this time.
Posted off another reply this morning.

Yeah I ordered those & more snake envelopes :-) don't like that baby animals series either

KrazyIvan
March 12th, 2013, 08:57 AM
Ordered more domestic postage. I still have 10 international stamps so I need to start getting letters out.

caribbean_skye
March 12th, 2013, 11:34 AM
Managed to get 3 letters out and thankfully my reply to pile is now single digits. We'll see what happens after the mail run today.

Carribean_Skye, I've written 98% of your letter. You best get a cup of green tea on the go before you open it ;)

Ooooh, may have to start with black tea and then move onto the green it sounds like!

Ordered more domestic postage. I still have 10 international stamps so I need to start getting letters out.

How much does the shipping for those start at? I have now been by post offices in the 3 towns here and none of them have the international forever stamps so I may need to order some.

KrazyIvan
March 12th, 2013, 11:50 AM
How much does the shipping for those start at? I have now been by post offices in the 3 towns here and none of them have the international forever stamps so I may need to order some.

I ordered them with some domestic forever stamps and everything came to $1.25 shipping.

TonyJones
March 12th, 2013, 02:59 PM
Letter to Type40 written today, it contains some good news with your Victorian railway request :rockon:

Bogon07
March 12th, 2013, 03:57 PM
Yeah I ordered those & more snake envelopes :-) don't like that baby animals series either

Finally used up the last of the badly sized envelopes last night. I like the sound of the snake envelopes...... is that to do with the year of the snake ?
The PO has a bunch of those Chinese Year of the Snake commerative coins. They seem to be using different types of snakes on the various issues, I would not mind one with a Coral snake.

Some of those baby animal stamps just do not look right.

menunes
March 12th, 2013, 04:53 PM
Received two letters today, from the US. I was delighted. I'm doing a response draft right now. By the end of this week I'll send responses (including the awesome Pelikan 800 contest entry) and will start working on my on letters. I'm enjoying this very much, so much that I've cleaned and inked all my pens and bought new stationary. I'm also considering adding the "tuck ins" as suggested in a previous thread.

Type40
March 12th, 2013, 05:31 PM
Letter to Type40 written today, it contains some good news with your Victorian railway request :rockon:

Thank you very much. I look forward to it.

I got three out today. WA, Sweden, and KT

Now in to the letters that I got on the 8th.

fountainpenkid
March 12th, 2013, 06:38 PM
Writing back to carribeanskye today!

cedargirl
March 13th, 2013, 12:33 AM
Yep. Received one today and sent two off. I'm not saying who, though. I think the element of surprise is one of the things that makes this process so enjoyable. But, then again, expectation can be good too :-))

woosang
March 13th, 2013, 04:44 AM
the aus post web site has all of the coins available. I wish I could afford them :-(

woosang
March 13th, 2013, 04:44 AM
NO letters for me all week :( I have been writing..

Tracy Lee
March 13th, 2013, 05:39 AM
I have to take a brief hiatus - boarding a plane to DC in a couple of hours to see a friend of mine and go to the Pink concert tomorrow night. VIP access, we'll be in the pit by the stage. Soooooo looking forward to the time away. I will be back working my replies on Saturday and Sunday. I have a fresh big box of stationery just delivered yesterday and some new wax seals, too!! :-)

Bohemond76
March 13th, 2013, 08:04 AM
you should receive my letter soon enough though ;p

KrazyIvan
March 13th, 2013, 08:26 AM

Bogon received his yesterday, you should be getting one from me. They went out at the same time.

Tracy Lee
March 13th, 2013, 09:31 AM
I just couldn't do, not even for a short trip. Three pens, stationery, and three letters that need replies found their way into my carry on. :) I am using my Droid tablet as a writing surface. How is that for a little Wednesday irony? :p

caribbean_skye
March 13th, 2013, 02:03 PM
I have to take a brief hiatus - boarding a plane to DC in a couple of hours to see a friend of mine and go to the Pink concert tomorrow night. VIP access, we'll be in the pit by the stage. Soooooo looking forward to the time away. I will be back working my replies on Saturday and Sunday. I have a fresh big box of stationery just delivered yesterday and some new wax seals, too!! :-)

I hope that means you'll be sending us photos from the P!nk concert with future letters. :D Have a great time!

woosang
March 13th, 2013, 02:12 PM
you should receive my letter soon enough though ;p

I'm looking forwards to it! How fabulous to get stuff other than bills in the PO box!

woosang
March 13th, 2013, 02:13 PM
I do the same but it's my Sony thin laptop that makes a great table

Toffer
March 13th, 2013, 03:01 PM
Writing second reply today, still have nearly twenty to write!! Need to get a shift on.

Bogon07
March 13th, 2013, 04:11 PM
the aus post web site has all of the coins available. I wish I could afford them :-(
I can't get over how good some of the coloured ones look but unfortunately they usually are the most expensive of the batch.
Mrs Bogon bought one of the Dragon ones last year for her nephew to commemorate his birth.

Posted off the first in a new envelope this morning.

chaimann
March 16th, 2013, 08:50 AM
I am slowly but surely working through responses. For the record, I am immensely enjoying having letters show up at random times. Thursday, nothing but advertisements. :( Friday, letters from Europe and Australia! :bounce: It made my day.

PostMuse
March 17th, 2013, 08:24 PM
I just got back from a week and half holiday with my daughters and grandkids in Massachusetts. There is lots and lots of mail piled up on the dining room table for me, but I'll save it for when I'm not airplane weary tomorrow. I did open the absolutely fabulous envelope with my InCoWriMo achievement certificate, which I will photograph tomorrow and post, too.

And I wrote a few letters on the plane tonight. For a change, the flight wasn't too bumpy. I didn't take risks and use any of my fountain pens, though, so no letters to FPGeeks. I used the wicked cool Pilot Juice gel ink pens ... I like them very much.

Bogon07
March 18th, 2013, 02:49 AM
A couple of replies and a couple of new victims for tomorrow's post.
Down to the last two international stamps AGAIN.

Tracy Lee
March 18th, 2013, 05:40 AM
Caught up a little yesterday after a 12 hour sleep to recover from my short vacation. Four going out today, but four arrived while I was gone so maybe that is not ahead but even? Either way it is delightful. :)

jor412
March 18th, 2013, 09:01 AM
I've been reading this thread with envy. Sounds like a lot of fun, but a little intimidating. How do you all fit the writing into your day?

writingrav
March 18th, 2013, 10:29 AM
I've been going through all the mail I received to make sure everyone received a reply. That generated two more letters mailed today and a few more left, not many, for the coming days. I write early in the morning and again over my before bed tisane. How else will I get to use all these pens and inks?

Toffer
March 18th, 2013, 04:29 PM
I just got back from a week and half holiday with my daughters and grandkids in Massachusetts. There is lots and lots of mail piled up on the dining room table for me, but I'll save it for when I'm not airplane weary tomorrow. I did open the absolutely fabulous envelope with my InCoWriMo achievement certificate, which I will photograph tomorrow and post, too.
And I wrote a few letters on the plane tonight. For a change, the flight wasn't too bumpy. I didn't take risks and use any of my fountain pens, though, so no letters to FPGeeks. I used the wicked cool Pilot Juice gel ink pens ... I like them very much.

I have been wondering this for a while, what is the deal with fountain pens on planes, can you take them on and what about the liquid limit thingy?

Tracy Lee
March 18th, 2013, 04:57 PM
I flew to DC last week with three pens filled. I think they don't even consider that liquid any more than any other type of pen. They don't pay any special attention. Last year I flew with 10 of them. I usually put any bottles of ink in suitcases that I check, though smaller bottles can fit in the requisite quart bag. Full pens can leak though, with pressure changes so be careful about that. I has no issues this last time around.

fountainpenkid
March 18th, 2013, 07:25 PM
got a letter from Hunter Deuling today...will send my reply tomorrow. I'm having so much fun using my new pens!

menunes
March 19th, 2013, 08:20 AM
My god, I must have ADD or something, I wrote a couple of letters by now but I'm thinking they suck and that my handwriting sucks...and I'm contemplating rewriting... gosh. I hope I can get reply's and my own letters rolling by the end of this week. Just got a nice exotic one today...from "Down under", but i can't tell who it was cause it might ruin the surprise effect.:bump2:

Just wanna say that I'm writing, so forgive me people, i'm such a procrastinator...:)

Tracy Lee
March 20th, 2013, 04:41 AM
My god, I must have ADD or something, I wrote a couple of letters by now but I'm thinking they suck and that my handwriting sucks...and I'm contemplating rewriting... gosh. I hope I can get reply's and my own letters rolling by the end of this week. Just got a nice exotic one today...from "Down under", but i can't tell who it was cause it might ruin the surprise effect.:bump2:

Just wanna say that I'm writing, so forgive me people, i'm such a procrastinator...:)

Just breathe, my friend. It's all about the doing, not the perfecting. Your letters are no doubt great just the way you wrote them. Keep at it, you'll keep feeling more comfortable and worry less. Receivers of letters don't judge them near as I can tell, we just enjoy that moment of opening and reading and adding to the stack for replies so it keeps going. :) Just keep doing what your doing. :thumbup:

KrazyIvan
March 20th, 2013, 09:44 AM
Today's inbox had a lot of goodies inside.

http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8227/8574017225_848f29416b_o.jpg (http://www.flickr.com/photos/ivan_romero/8574017225/)
Big mail day in my inbox (http://www.flickr.com/photos/ivan_romero/8574017225/) by IvanRomero (http://www.flickr.com/people/ivan_romero/), on Flickr

fountainpenkid
March 20th, 2013, 10:33 AM
Today's inbox had a lot of goodies inside.

http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8227/8574017225_848f29416b_o.jpg (http://www.flickr.com/photos/ivan_romero/8574017225/)
Big mail day in my inbox (http://www.flickr.com/photos/ivan_romero/8574017225/) by IvanRomero (http://www.flickr.com/people/ivan_romero/), on Flickr

Lucky!

caribbean_skye
March 20th, 2013, 10:55 AM
Replies are being written to everyone in my stack but (stop the presses) I ran out of stamps. Thankfully payday is Friday as the stack will be mailed out that morning (on my way to the grocery store) and I'll pick up some stamps then also. So letters are forthcoming just experiencing an unanticipated delay.

Uh hello, we all feel that way! I know if I re-read my letters I probably wouldn't send them out. Funny thing, several years ago my gf was moving and going through all of her stuff to toss/keep/donate etc and she had a box of letters I'd written to her post high school. It brought back so many memories reading that and I had to laugh as sometimes in my excitement I'd forgotten to write whole words, but one thing I did realise is that unless it's a significant word the receiver will just add it in and continue on. Since I type at 140+ wpm I don't tend to parse when I type but then edit it so for me writing is a way to parse as I'm writing (and hope that don't combine two words together as I'm writing). I know some people don't like to send letters with a mistake (or a word with a line through it), but I have to tell you that for me is refreshing to see that so I know I'm not the only one who makes mistakes.

<snip> Receivers of letters don't judge them near as I can tell, we just enjoy that moment of opening and reading and adding to the stack for replies so it keeps going. :) Just keep doing what your doing. :thumbup:

Uhm yeah, unless the contents of the envelope gets lost along the way, as is what happened to my letter today. Now I'm all sad as I wanna know what was written. *cries* I guess I'll go and PM that person. No, we certainly don't judge and as long as I can read someone's handwriting I'm just happy they took the time out of their busy day to spend some time on/with me.

KrazyIvan
March 20th, 2013, 10:59 AM
Just found out you can buy stamps at Wallgreens. Not the fancy Muscle Car kind but in a pinch...

http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8235/8563509606_28273325e0_o.jpg (http://www.flickr.com/photos/ivan_romero/8563509606/)
Muscle car stampage. (http://www.flickr.com/photos/ivan_romero/8563509606/) by IvanRomero (http://www.flickr.com/people/ivan_romero/), on Flickr

caribbean_skye
March 20th, 2013, 11:22 AM
Walgreens eh, good to know. That would work, esp on the weekends, otherwise people will end up getting the computer generated stamps which aren't as interesting to look at.

Interesting thing, I see you got my letter in, I don't post mine from Austin. I wonder what it says if I mail something locally if the cancellation says Austin.

KrazyIvan
March 20th, 2013, 11:55 AM
Walgreens eh, good to know. That would work, esp on the weekends, otherwise people will end up getting the computer generated stamps which aren't as interesting to look at.

Interesting thing, I see you got my letter in, I don't post mine from Austin. I wonder what it says if I mail something locally if the cancellation says Austin.

Did you send any of the other letters locally? I don't have them here but I can check.

Trixie.in.Dixie
March 20th, 2013, 12:35 PM
I like ordering my stamps from usps.com because it's much easier than driving to a post office during any hours that they're open. Not to mention, the time, even if you get them out of vending machine rather than standing in line. Ugh.

[Also, not that anyone cares, but I mail everything from my office, because I'm convinced that the Atlanta POs are far more efficient than my local PO where I live... I think the cancellation says "North Metro ATL" either way, but I can't be sure.]

caribbean_skye
March 20th, 2013, 01:33 PM
Did you send any of the other letters locally? I don't have them here but I can check.

I mail all of my letters from the community mailbox that's right at the bottom of the driveway. Unless I'm sending something that's not a letter that's the only time things get mailed from the post office.

I like ordering my stamps from usps.com because it's much easier than driving to a post office during any hours that they're open. Not to mention, the time, even if you get them out of vending machine rather than standing in line. Ugh.

See I try to not order things online as I'd be ordering way more stamps than I originally anticipated. I wish we had stamp vending machines those would be quite useful but those stamps aren't self adhesive (do they even make those stamps anymore?).

Trixie.in.Dixie
March 20th, 2013, 01:55 PM
See I try to not order things online as I'd be ordering way more stamps than I originally anticipated. I wish we had stamp vending machines those would be quite useful but those stamps aren't self adhesive (do they even make those stamps anymore?).

The machines we have in my local post office basically either dispense a specific amount of postage or you can buy rolls of stamps or carded stamps just as you would from the counter or from ordering on line. They're all self-adhesive now as far as I know.

Edit: It's called an "Automated Postal Center" and they have a "Self-Service Kiosk" so you can do all the stuff you might do at the counter, but it's faster if you don't like waiting in line. My post office gets ridiculously bogged down on Saturdays when everybody and their mother goes to pick up packages or get them shipped or whatever, so having the do-it-yourself option is nice.

KrazyIvan
March 20th, 2013, 02:48 PM
Ordering from the USPS just takes too long. I waited 10 days for my last order. The Goulet's have spoiled me. :)

PostMuse
March 20th, 2013, 04:58 PM
Ordering from the USPS just takes too long. I waited 10 days for my last order. The Goulet's have spoiled me. :)

I am learning just how lucky I am to have a local post office, that I can walk to from work in about 3 minutes, that always has a lovely selection of postage. Also, if anyone is interested in vintage USPS postage, I know this guy .....

fountainpenkid
March 20th, 2013, 05:40 PM
I am learning just how lucky I am to have a local post office, that I can walk to from work in about 3 minutes, that always has a lovely selection of postage. Also, if anyone is interested in vintage USPS postage, I know this guy .....

Hijack, I know, but I wanted to let you know I finally sent of your package with letters today.

Tracy Lee
March 20th, 2013, 05:42 PM
We have a post office downstairs in my building. Though I forgot until recently, they hand cancel with a nice "Kennedy Space Center" stamp. I should stop dropping letters in my home outgoing and do that instead.

KrazyIvan
March 21st, 2013, 09:13 AM
We have a post office downstairs in my building. Though I forgot until recently, they hand cancel with a nice "Kennedy Space Center" stamp. I should stop dropping letters in my home outgoing and do that instead.

I need to write you just for that. I hear you use NASA stationery too. :)

Tracy Lee
March 21st, 2013, 03:42 PM
I need to write you just for that. I hear you use NASA stationery too. :)

I put postcards in my letters, how on earth did I miss you in all this!? I feel TERRIBLE!!!!:eek::confused:

KrazyIvan
March 21st, 2013, 04:22 PM
I put postcards in my letters, how on earth did I miss you in all this!? I feel TERRIBLE!!!!:eek::confused:

No worries. :D

I wrote three letters today.

writingrav
March 21st, 2013, 04:24 PM
Today was a bonanza. I only posted two, but the mailbox held 5 for me. I think the record. WooHoo!

Bohemond76
March 22nd, 2013, 02:12 AM
Wrote two letters, one to Mr. Guttierez and another to Ms. Mirza , both in the USofA :)

And now i'm all out of international stamps....time to place an order at www.post.be

Tracy Lee
March 22nd, 2013, 05:24 AM
Wrote two letters, one to Mr. Guttierez and another to Ms. Mirza , both in the USofA :)

And now i'm all out of international stamps....time to place an order at www.post.be

I too have a letter heading out to Mr. Guttierez today! And to KrazyIvan, I am correcting that omission absolutely. :-)

caribbean_skye
March 22nd, 2013, 08:48 AM
Today is the day I'm going the post office to buy some stamps, sooo excited.

I think my local post office is holding my mail hostage as I haven't gotten any mail for several days. I've been waiting on a package sent from APO in Germany on March 5th and it's still not here yet. Guess this will allow me to play catch up with my stack of letters.

chaimann
March 22nd, 2013, 03:56 PM
I posted a couple of letters today. Slowly but surely, I am digging through the "replies" stack.

CVS just opened in our market, and they advertise that they sell stamps. I have also seen stamps for sale in ATMs. Not everywhere, though. I usually see that at ATMs at an actual bank.

TheRoXFiles
March 22nd, 2013, 06:01 PM
I just remembered...I forgot to drop today's letter into the mailbox. Oh, well...I'll do it tomorrow. :)

It's been a slow week, penpal wise. I've written several letters this week, but I got, maybe...three letters?...this week, and they all came in on Monday. I haven't gotten anything else all week. It feels weird and kind of sad to not see any letters for me amidst the junk mail. :/

Tracy Lee
March 22nd, 2013, 06:20 PM
I just remembered...I forgot to drop today's letter into the mailbox. Oh, well...I'll do it tomorrow. :)

It's been a slow week, penpal wise. I've written several letters this week, but I got, maybe...three letters?...this week, and they all came in on Monday. I haven't gotten anything else all week. It feels weird and kind of sad to not see any letters for me amidst the junk mail. :/

Literally writing you right now!! Check your inbox, sent a short PM.

woosang
March 22nd, 2013, 06:31 PM
Payday means get a new supply of stamps. AlAs to week has been no writing for me as I have to learn a new panel at work. Will try for one tomorrow arvo

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

TheRoXFiles
March 22nd, 2013, 06:42 PM
Literally writing you right now!! Check your inbox, sent a short PM.

Thanks! And I just replied to your PM, too. :)

cedargirl
March 22nd, 2013, 07:02 PM
Finally managed time for another letter today. My tally is not good this past week. More in than out. I will catch up soon, I promise!

Tracy Lee
March 23rd, 2013, 05:36 AM
Two last night, and will do more today before the mail lady comes if I can. I'd like at least four to leave Florida today.

Tracy Lee
March 23rd, 2013, 08:30 PM
Okay, I missed the mail person who delivered two more fabulous letters. But, now I have 11 sitting here to go out Monday. Getting those replies done!! :-) Time for bed. I am off tomorrow morning to meet a fellow FP Geek and buy her lovely pen box. Very excited. :-)

Bogon07
March 24th, 2013, 12:00 AM
Its been a big pen weekend another batch of corro stamped and ready for the city post box tomorrow morning, sorting and listing, ordering more pens and also watching episodes of Justified on Blu-ray.

writingrav
March 24th, 2013, 05:33 AM
Two great ones received, three ready for tomorrow's post. Hoping to do two or three more today. I'm loving it!

KrazyIvan
March 24th, 2013, 08:14 PM
Wrote one letter on Friday and put four in the mail yesterday. My inbox is empty. :cry:

TheRoXFiles
March 24th, 2013, 08:38 PM
For me, the drought's over. Got three letters, and I had time to respond to one of them. It'll get mailed out tomorrow. :)

Bohemond76
March 25th, 2013, 04:39 AM
One reply written this morning to Stephenie Yeung in the US :)

manoeuver
March 25th, 2013, 01:32 PM
I got a pan and a note from Ivan today. Mailed four letters and a check.

edit: it was a pen, not a pan.

KrazyIvan
March 25th, 2013, 02:04 PM
Ah man, so I still have to figure out where my Teflon coated pan went. :crazy_pilot:

fountainpenkid
March 25th, 2013, 02:29 PM
Teflon coated pen?

manoeuver
March 25th, 2013, 02:34 PM
Had one, kept dropping it.

writingrav
March 25th, 2013, 02:51 PM
Received four letters today. All from repeat correspondents. Settling into a nice rythym.

chaimann
March 25th, 2013, 03:13 PM
Three outgoing, plus a contest entry.

I am almost out of domestic stamps. My next few letters may be international.

KrazyIvan
March 25th, 2013, 03:15 PM
Two letters just delivered. :)

It is a Teflon coated pan, as in a frying pan.

Barbara
March 26th, 2013, 01:33 PM
Yes, I did. Today and yesterday. To two members of this group. :)

southpaw52
March 26th, 2013, 01:47 PM
It is so great to write to others. Two letters went on their way today.

caribbean_skye
March 26th, 2013, 01:52 PM
3 letters out today, although 2 managed to make it into the mailbox before the postman came by. 11 more to go... :)

Tracy Lee
March 26th, 2013, 04:34 PM
Conversation that actually happened today when my husband called my office. " I got the mail so you don"t need to stop today, but the weirdest thing happened." Me: "What?" Him: "There were no letters for you." But never fear, I am scheduled for at least two replies tonight and in the mail tomorrow.

woosang
March 27th, 2013, 12:08 AM
One letter before my brain retaliated have an assessment tomorrow for work so maybe for the best.

Bohemond76
March 27th, 2013, 01:53 AM
The pile is getting smaller here too. Wrote two letters that will go out today to Kate Weber and Rachel Young in the States.

Tracy Lee
March 27th, 2013, 05:55 AM
I finished four last night, all rather lengthy. I have one off to Rachel too, funny how many of us are on the same cycle of writing! :-)

fountainpenkid
March 27th, 2013, 04:41 PM
Will send a letter to Barbara and a reply to Eric today.

writingrav
March 27th, 2013, 04:43 PM
Two going out in the morning and the night is young:)

KrazyIvan
March 28th, 2013, 04:04 PM
Suddenly received 7 letters and 1 post card. :D

One reply done and one thank you note sent to a someone not actually participating in this, that I know of.

writingrav
March 29th, 2013, 12:28 PM
Received 3 yesterday and 3 today. Sent 4 yesterday and 2 today. Too bad I have a day job. This is much more fun!

Tracy Lee
March 29th, 2013, 01:16 PM
No receipt for two days but 7 out over two days. If I don't finish my replies by Sunday night, ya'll are traveling to Oregon with me and I will get them done from there. Traveling with a full suite of pens this time, ink and stationery. :)

Type40
March 29th, 2013, 02:18 PM
I too went a few days without anything arriving, then 6 landed all at once.

Currently working on my second reply of the day.

Tracy, you picked a good time to visit Oregon. It is currently sunny. :) Welcome to this side of the country.

Tracy Lee
March 29th, 2013, 04:54 PM
I too went a few days without anything arriving, then 6 landed all at once.

Currently working on my second reply of the day.

Tracy, you picked a good time to visit Oregon. It is currently sunny. :) Welcome to this side of the country.

Oh good, it's home for me so I am not sure it would matter if it rained all day every day. I always have a full heart when I get there. I came home to two wonderful letters from Andreas and Karen AND my TWSBI Diamond 580 which is completely foreign to me. I have never purchased a pen that came with grease and a tool. Should I be fearful? Will ink in a bit - it got here ahead of shipping predictions so now I can bring it along. Looking forward to stepping outside my Visconti box for just a moment. :)

jfsisler
March 29th, 2013, 07:20 PM
Got letters today from Karen, Theresa, Cheryl, Ashli and Yvonne....have a grand total of 15 replies to send out:)

Bohemond76
April 1st, 2013, 10:55 AM
I finally managed to get my letter pile down to under 10 by writing 3 letters to people in the US. On saturday I went to a flea market and a seller there had a ton of old vintage school stamps. These stamps were used by teachers , before the copier came to be widespread, to prepare history lessons for their pupils. Each era came in a box of 10 stamps. I bought one box of the middle ages as it had the coolest stamps. Was only 10 euros....now I wished I had bought more boxes...*cusses*

Tracy Lee
April 1st, 2013, 01:15 PM
I got two out Saturday before the carrier. 14 letters made the cross country trek with me today. And stamps, and 10 pens that needed two scans because the poor woman couldn't identify them in the xray. :-) My husband quipped via text - she knew what they were it was the QUANTITY she hadn't seen before. :) Ha ha

Bogon07
April 1st, 2013, 03:51 PM
Eight into the city PostBox this morning including an entry for the Anderson Pens TWSBI Diamond 580 with Pendleton Brown custom nib giveaway. (details in their latest postcasts)

woosang
April 1st, 2013, 08:07 PM
two out and 6 in.. I have a huge pile. If I have not written to you yet I promise I will soon!!

writingrav
April 1st, 2013, 09:20 PM
Two out three in. Its hard to keep up but I love trying.

woosang
April 1st, 2013, 09:21 PM
Yeah! It's a lovely problem to have :-)

KrazyIvan
April 1st, 2013, 09:58 PM
One in one out with 6 more awaiting replies.

fountainpenkid
April 2nd, 2013, 04:52 AM
Got EIGHT ink samples from Lesley yesterday!!!!!! THANKS SO MUCH! I'm in love with the R&K Alt-Goldgrun.

TheRoXFiles
April 2nd, 2013, 05:40 AM
I did...but I think I forgot to include a tuck-in with one of the letters I sent out. And I think I mentioned it, even? But I got distracted as I was stuffing the letter into the emvelope and ended up just sealing the letter and mailing it later in the day. XD

Well--I don't think there's any harm in showing what that tuck-in was here, right? It was just a page out of my "F in Exams" desk calendar:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v50/jazzslayerroxie/474c9ec6f2a989f9c01e74309017301c.jpg

Barbara
April 2nd, 2013, 06:22 AM
5 postcards written late last night. All crossing the ocean. :)

caribbean_skye
April 2nd, 2013, 04:48 PM
Got EIGHT ink samples from Lesley yesterday!!!!!! THANKS SO MUCH! I'm in love with the R&K Alt-Goldgrun.

Wow, that was fast as I only mailed them on Friday morning. Glad they arrived there safely. We can't have you running out of ink, sorry no Asa Blue here.

Tony's letter took so long to reply this morning (kept getting distracted by youtube vids) that it missed the postman, so it along with 2 more will be going out in tomorrow post at least.

Bohemond76
April 3rd, 2013, 08:35 AM
Send one letter out to Maria in Portugal and received 4 letters today from Stone (US), Alex (Brasil), Lesley (US) and Tracey Lee ( US ).....meaning my backlog of letters is again up to 10!!! lol

woosang
April 3rd, 2013, 11:11 AM
Two out, one in.

TonyJones
April 3rd, 2013, 01:09 PM
I hope they were good YouTube videos ;)

Sent from a handheld thingy-majig with lots of transistors inside using Tapatalk 2

menunes
April 3rd, 2013, 01:41 PM
Send one letter out to Maria in Portugal and received 4 letters today from Stone (US), Alex (Brasil), Lesley (US) and Tracey Lee ( US ).....meaning my backlog of letters is again up to 10!!! lol

:welcome:

menunes
April 3rd, 2013, 01:47 PM
I wrote to Ivonne yesterday. Started a letter to Lord Vader, but he his Lord Vader, I must summon the Force within me...Meanwhile I wait for my TWISBI mini and wonder which pen to sacrifice to Baystate Blue, the Mini or the Kaweco Sport via eyedropper.

southpaw52
April 3rd, 2013, 03:25 PM
Three postcards and two letters were posted today.

KrazyIvan
April 3rd, 2013, 03:54 PM
One letter posted. No incoming mail today.

writingrav
April 3rd, 2013, 04:26 PM
Received from Stephen Brown plus another (my son.) Sent two out.

menunes
April 4th, 2013, 09:35 AM
Hello,

Can someone sent me Stephen Brown's address, I donīt know if he uses the Fpgeeks PO BOX or his own address. I want to send some butter to Lord Wyndemere...;-)

KrazyIvan
April 4th, 2013, 11:53 AM
Hello,

Can someone sent me Stephen Brown's address, I donīt know if he uses the Fpgeeks PO BOX or his own address. I want to send some butter to Lord Wyndemere...;-)

It is in the InCoWriMo address thread: http://fpgeeks.com/forum/showthread.php/1696-Mailing-Address-Exchange-for-InCoWriMo-2013

menunes
April 4th, 2013, 12:03 PM
Thanks Ivan, I'll write Mother Brown too!:)

BikerBabe
April 4th, 2013, 04:07 PM
Sent out 29 job trainee applications yesterday, all signed with a fp, if that counts.
Addresses were all handwritten, as were the sender name and address.
Thank God for self-adhesive stamps! :D

woosang
April 4th, 2013, 04:19 PM
Wrote 4 last night but as the night drew long I think I was a bit morose with postalmuse's letter. I'll be chirpier next time I promise

cedargirl
April 4th, 2013, 08:22 PM
Yep. I caught up with some of the backlog. Three letters out today. Now I'm off the the post office to see if any came in!

writingrav
April 4th, 2013, 08:24 PM
I too am caught up. 4 written tonight and ready for the morning post.

fountainpenkid
April 5th, 2013, 04:58 AM
One out to Veneta OR yesterday.

KrazyIvan
April 5th, 2013, 08:47 AM
Had one letter and one post card come in yesterday but I did not get a chance to write. Will have to make some time today and get at least two letters out.

Type40
April 5th, 2013, 09:58 AM
One out to Veneta OR yesterday.

Take Cover, In Coming!!!

fountainpenkid
April 5th, 2013, 05:48 PM
Sending in my giveaway entry for this month, a reply to theRoXfiles, and my shattered m400 is going off for repair tomorrow.

woosang
April 5th, 2013, 09:05 PM
Spent my morning shift writing letters, three out in the monday mail

Sent from my GT-N7105 using Tapatalk 2

Tracy Lee
April 5th, 2013, 09:22 PM
Honestly, I miss you guys. Mom's new hip is great and so is her recovery so now I have some time to get back to my stack for replies. My husband says more at home he will scan and email so I can keep writing. I still have more than a week here in Oregon.

woosang
April 5th, 2013, 09:29 PM
We can all wait, your mother is more inportant

Sent from my GT-N7105 using Tapatalk 2

Bohemond76
April 7th, 2013, 02:09 AM
Tomorow will send out letters to Jones and Bill Milling in US.

woosang
April 7th, 2013, 12:44 PM
Two for today's mail, yay! But now I have run out of letters to reply to.. :-(

Bogon07
April 7th, 2013, 05:49 PM
Sent off two this morning.
Went to the PO to buy some overseas stamps to find out they have jumped from $2.35 to $2.60 each :mad::mad:

woosang
April 7th, 2013, 05:49 PM
Really? Crap. I only have $2.35 stamps

Bogon07
April 7th, 2013, 09:58 PM
Really? Crap. I only have $2.35 stamps
I've still got one of those left and I'd posted one this morning.
Making up the 25 cent difference is going to be annoying and you can't use multiples of the normal stamp without giving AustraliaPost a generous donation.
Atleast the $0.60 Australian letter is still the same.

It is not like they've advertised the price rise.
I only heard about parcel prices going up by up to 30% on the radio this morning.

From the APO site:
Q When did International Letters prices last increase?A International Letters prices last increased in October 2012.

woosang
April 7th, 2013, 09:59 PM
I just ordered more stamps! Grrrrr will continue the $2.35 until outta stamps

Tracy Lee
April 7th, 2013, 10:46 PM
Five letters written today that will begin their journey tomorrow. I am not sure I traveled with enough stationery!!!

menunes
April 8th, 2013, 04:00 PM
Sent one today, received one. International postage sucks. They charged me 0.73 cents for a padded envelop (they are like 1.50 a pack at Staples)! The post office gentleman is becoming tired of fetching stamps from a safe box (yeah right). He keeps saying "no one uses this anymore, they don't even make them anymore". They do, but he likes to ramble. The last stamps I got are tottaly ugly, I mean, butt ugly, ugly. It must be a trend to hire hipster designers to come up with things like these...

writingrav
April 8th, 2013, 05:13 PM
Must be Australia day. Two from there today. Plus one from Texas

chaimann
April 8th, 2013, 05:30 PM
One out, one in, and an order received from FPR. The next letter will go to the person who inspired me to order a Dilli.

The reply-to stack is still tall, but I I'm still chipping away at it.

woosang
April 8th, 2013, 05:41 PM
One out and no more mail to reply to. Nothing in the mail box either. :-/

KrazyIvan
April 8th, 2013, 06:20 PM
Two in and one out.

Bogon07
April 8th, 2013, 06:49 PM
One rec'd yesterday from some-one with exceedingly nice handwriting and one out this morning with the last $2.35 stamp.

Tracy Lee
April 9th, 2013, 12:00 AM
Two more written today and will journey tomorrow. My husband reports 4 more incoming in addition to the three he has scanned and emailed already. " Hon" he says "I think you may have about 30 pen pals." Yahoo for me!!!!! Luckiest girl. EVAR. :)

Barbara
April 9th, 2013, 07:40 PM
Two for today's mail, yay! But now I have run out of letters to reply to.. :-(

I'll have to do something about that. :)

Barbara
April 9th, 2013, 07:49 PM
Yay! Nice to see letters in the box instead of just bills! And of course yesterday I received my Picasso! Lovely pen! :)
Something on its way to a member of this forum.

woosang
April 10th, 2013, 03:20 AM
I'll have to do something about that. :)

Cool!!

jbb
April 10th, 2013, 09:19 AM
I have two letters started that I need to finish. I'm experimenting with making my dip pen ink glossy (when dry) which is kinda/sorta working.

writingrav
April 10th, 2013, 10:17 AM
I have two letters started that I need to finish. I'm experimenting with making my dip pen ink glossy (when dry) which is kinda/sorta working.

Please explain; sounds fascinating.

manoeuver
April 10th, 2013, 10:27 AM
sent a letter today, wrote it yesterday...

KrazyIvan
April 10th, 2013, 10:29 AM
Mail has not arrived yet but I wrote and sent one letter. I may get another one in before lunch.

chaimann
April 10th, 2013, 10:33 AM
Yesterday, two out and none in. I gained on my "awaiting replies" stack. Yeah!

KrazyIvan
April 10th, 2013, 03:54 PM
One more letter out so two out and none in for the day. I still have eight more letters that need a response.

southpaw52
April 11th, 2013, 02:27 PM
A postcard and letter went out today. Nothing in my box today.

KrazyIvan
April 11th, 2013, 03:07 PM
Four in today.

writingrav
April 11th, 2013, 08:00 PM
Yesterday nothing. Today two in, two out

writingrav
April 13th, 2013, 02:22 PM
Hit the jackpot today:8, count 'em, 8 letters in the mailbox. Each with a unique handwritten, different color ink, some quirky envelopes and all with good will and good wishes inside. I couldn't have been any happier. I imagine that in some distant past receiving a handful of personal mail all at once might have been a daily occurrence. Today most people have never even seen a piece of personal mail except for a birthday or holiday card. They are missing a terrific experience. Each piece opened slowly, read, savored, saved to be read again before replying (that, of course, being both the problem and the other half of the fun.) I am very much indebted to FP Geeks for making the initiation of these correspondences possible. In the past when I've contemplated getting into pen pals the idea of having to figure out whether there would be anything to say was daunting. Knowing that we all share a common passion and that it will always afford us subject matter while we slowly get to know each other, those who want to get to know each other, has been liberating. Now, in an instant, I am woefully behind in my correspondence and thrilled to be. Many letters to look forward to writing this week.

fountainpenkid
April 13th, 2013, 03:05 PM
4 will go out on monday...one to the snake catcher from aus, one to Lesley, one to Vaughn, one to Justin.

woosang
April 13th, 2013, 04:53 PM
<snip>I imagine that in some distant past receiving a handful of personal mail all at once might have been a daily occurrence. Today most people have never even seen a piece of personal mail except for a birthday or holiday card. They are missing a terrific experience. Each piece opened slowly, read, savored, saved to be read again before replying (that, of course, being both the problem and the other half of the fun.)

I agree it's lovely to receive a letter or two after a crappy day. Instantly all it better with the world.

woosang
April 13th, 2013, 04:54 PM
4 will go out on monday...one to the snake catcher from aus, one to Lesley, one to Vaughn, one to Justin.

Yay!!!

Tracy Lee
April 13th, 2013, 11:18 PM
Four went out yesterday. Am hoping to write a few tomorrow.

PostMuse
April 14th, 2013, 05:27 AM
I am almost caught up with mail received in early March. It will all be in the morning mail.

I have only been able to get to my new post office box once a week, so mail piles up. I had about 40 pieces in there when I went on Friday. I'm going to make a better effort at going at least twice a week. But, it was fun sitting with a glass of wine on Friday and reading so much mail all at once.

Tracy Lee
April 14th, 2013, 02:18 PM
I am almost caught up with mail received in early March. It will all be in the morning mail.

I have only been able to get to my new post office box once a week, so mail piles up. I had about 40 pieces in there when I went on Friday. I'm going to make a better effort at going at least twice a week. But, it was fun sitting with a glass of wine on Friday and reading so much mail all at once.

That sounds better than reading a book! :) Or perhaps it was like reading a lot of short stories? I am excited to head home on Tuesday to my new pile I am informed is there.

woosang
April 14th, 2013, 02:20 PM
Spent Friday on the farm writing several letters and only managed to get half of one done on Sunday will finish when I get home

KrazyIvan
April 14th, 2013, 04:11 PM
Recieved two of those Moleskine mailer notebooks. One from Leigh Reyes (not InCoWriMo related ) and one from Bogon. It is just so cool!