PDA

View Full Version : Did You Correspond Today?

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16

manoeuver
February 1st, 2013, 02:54 PM
I did. Letter to muh mom. anybody else?

fountainpenkid
February 1st, 2013, 03:09 PM
I'm going to write a letter to my grandparents today. Family first, pen people second. I think that is what most (just Eric, really ;)) seem to be doing.

writingrav
February 1st, 2013, 03:38 PM
I write my family all the time. I wrote Eric.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

PostMuse
February 1st, 2013, 03:54 PM
I wrote to three FPGeeks (two of them I wrote to last night, but I mailed the letters today) and also sent a bunch of other mail for various other projects and challenges. I'll be sitting down soon to write more.

Funny that writing to my family is the hardest for me to do. I chat with them all the time, send email, comment on their FB pages, but when it comes to writing to them, I don't know what to say.

KrazyIvan
February 1st, 2013, 03:59 PM
I did. Sent off the package to my blog contest winner, with a letter, of course.

Tracy Lee
February 1st, 2013, 04:35 PM
Yep, Fountainpenkid has a letter on the way. I picked up some NASA postcards to put in the letters just for fun. My plan is to write to every single international address posted in the forum thread, plus the handful of regular letters I need to write. :) Made for a happy Feb 1!!

Type40
February 1st, 2013, 04:52 PM
Note to wife, letter to friend. I am finding it hard not to send letters out to everyone on my list at once. Only thing saving me is a lack of time.

caribbean_skye
February 1st, 2013, 05:53 PM
Yes I sure did. Mine went out in the mail. Lets hope I get up early enough to write and mail off tomorrow's letter before the postman comes for it.

tiffanyhenschel
February 1st, 2013, 07:16 PM
My class and I sent ours off today to one of my regular pen pals. This weekend I have some family members that want a letter in the mail, and then Monday my class will be writing to Eric.

I've gotten some good responses to my request for people to write back to my kids. This is going to be even more fun than I thought.

eriquito
February 1st, 2013, 09:05 PM
I wrote and mailed two letters today, one to me sainted father and one to a mystery recipient.

I really want to sit and write ten or more letters. But I'm pacing myself =)

- Eric

Damiana
February 1st, 2013, 10:09 PM
I'm done for today! Next week I'll be sending the weekend postcards to my family.

Happy writing everyone!

AndreasDavour
February 2nd, 2013, 03:01 AM
I'll tire at day three if I write too many. My first it done, though!

For some reason I suspect Eric will get quite a lot of letters in the first days.

writingrav
February 2nd, 2013, 06:24 AM
The pent up pressure to both write and receive letters is astounding. This could initiate a major shift in the culture.

Bohemond76
February 2nd, 2013, 07:52 AM
1647Wrote 4 letters already, one to the US, one to Japan, one to Argentina and one to Australia. Weekedns are best to write in peace :)

Toffer
February 2nd, 2013, 08:13 AM
I sent my first to America, who knew it was so hard to send a letter out of this country! You have to take it in to the post office to have it weighed. No just popping it in the post box, just finished my second to my mum, was hard to think of things to write to her but I'm sure she will enjoy receiving some of my mumblings.

caribbean_skye
February 2nd, 2013, 08:22 AM
Well I sent my second off today, so far so good.

Tracy Lee
February 2nd, 2013, 09:42 AM
#2 is written and heading to Yukon. I sat and addressed the remaining 26 envelopes and tucked something in each envelope. I think I have most every international address posted, so Australia, Belgium, UK, Germany, Netherlands, Sweden,Canada, Spain, etc here I come!! :-) I have an additional five personal letters that need writing so I will be going way over the goal and that makes me happy. I plan to respond to anyone as well, so I am glad I have some new bottles of ink. :-) My IT professional husband is truly befuddled by all of this, but is watching with a certain amount of curiosity . . .

Tracy Lee
February 2nd, 2013, 09:46 AM
The pent up pressure to both write and receive letters is astounding. This could initiate a major shift in the culture.

Isn't it just wonderful? And what a wonderful change in culture it would be, for sure. Do you think young people today can fathom that joy of seeing an envelope in the mail, carefully addressed to them and full of words meant just for them? :confused::eek:

caribbean_skye
February 2nd, 2013, 10:21 AM
#2 is written and heading to Yukon. I sat and addressed the remaining 26 envelopes and tucked something in each envelope. I think I have most every international address posted, so Australia, Belgium, UK, Germany, Netherlands, Sweden,Canada, Spain, etc here I come!! :-) I have an additional five personal letters that need writing so I will be going way over the goal and that makes me happy. I plan to respond to anyone as well, so I am glad I have some new bottles of ink. :-) My IT professional husband is truly befuddled by all of this, but is watching with a certain amount of curiosity . . .

I thought about doing that, but I don't have enough envelopes right now. As soon as I get those envelopes I plan on doing the same thing as I worry about losing my little paper (no printer so I couldn't print out a calendar) that has everyone's names, address and date to write.

mdesimone
February 2nd, 2013, 05:47 PM
YES! 2 done and mailed today. The two are ____ and ____. ;)

fountainpenkid
February 2nd, 2013, 06:15 PM
My first one was actually to Eric...
I'll write to Tracy Lee today! And maybe someone else if time is on my side.

manoeuver
February 2nd, 2013, 07:18 PM
Sent one off today. Also got a letter from my beloved sister to whom I wrote last month.

snedwos
February 2nd, 2013, 07:46 PM
I have three letters waiting to be sent. One to Eric, one to Dan (for that Pneumont Beaumatic they're giving away), and one to that lady in Vermont who's trying to keep her post office open.

snedwos
February 2nd, 2013, 07:49 PM
If you send a letter the same size and weight as the last one, and remember how much you paid, you can just use the right amount of stamps next time.

PostMuse
February 3rd, 2013, 05:09 AM
I wrote two letters to InCoWriMo participants yesterday. Tried out two new ink samples, too, one of which will be in my shopping cart next week, though what I need with yet another purple ink is beyond me.

I actually wrote a dozen or so letters yesterday for various mail projects. I am a little bit snowbound, though not in any serious way. Writing seems quite appropriate.

writingrav
February 3rd, 2013, 07:32 AM
Two more in yesterday's mail.

manoeuver
February 3rd, 2013, 08:04 AM
http://i106.photobucket.com/albums/m262/timhofmann/IMG_20130203_100335_zpsddc7d30f.jpg

Boom.

Tracy Lee
February 3rd, 2013, 09:07 AM
#3 done this morning. Is it cheating if I also wrote #4, #5, and #6? :-) I may not be done yet, it is such a gorgeous cool day and the Superbowl isn't for hours . . .

writingrav
February 3rd, 2013, 09:49 AM
#3 done this morning. Is it cheating if I also wrote #4, #5, and #6? :-) I may not be done yet, it is such a gorgeous cool day and the Superbowl isn't for hours . . .

I hope it's not cheating. I've written and pre-dated through 8.

caribbean_skye
February 3rd, 2013, 10:30 AM
I hope it's not cheating. I've written and pre-dated through 8.

Uhm, wow! And I was thinking of writing todays and tomorrow's today since I'll be busy all of tomorrow and won't get a chance. I guess I'd better finish the house cleaning so I can get these letters written.

chaimann
February 3rd, 2013, 10:59 AM
I sent my contest entry on the 1st. I wrote to another Geek yesterday, but missed the mail pickup. That one, and today's letter to someone from the address list, will go out tomorrow. Then, I start writing to my real-life friends for a few days.

All of the talk here about international correspondence has me waxing nostalgic about aerograms. A friend lived overseas for several years, back before PCs, and we exchanged a lot of aerograms. I understand they are no longer available in the US, and that makes me sad. They were charming.

PostMuse
February 3rd, 2013, 01:35 PM
All of the talk here about international correspondence has me waxing nostalgic about aerograms. A friend lived overseas for several years, back before PCs, and we exchanged a lot of aerograms. I understand they are no longer available in the US, and that makes me sad. They were charming.

The original aerograms are still used, but a bit hard to find. And expensive because they are mostly vintage. However, I've bought aerograms from International Girl and they are quite wonderful, and playful, and very international, http://intgirl.com/

Bogon07
February 3rd, 2013, 03:15 PM
Posted my first three this morning on the way to work.
The next batch will need international postage and that will require a trip to the dreadded Post Office for more stamps.

jfsisler
February 3rd, 2013, 03:36 PM
On Thursday night I wrote a brief one to Eric, and yesterday I put a note in the mail to my niece and nephew. Tonight I'm writing my LWA penpal and who knows who I'll write tomorrow night. Need to clean and ink up the pens again:)

eriquito
February 3rd, 2013, 04:38 PM
Boom.

Boom, eh? I will resist the urge to worry about what you might have done with that 2.4mm Parallel.

Just remember, what goes around comes around. And I've got the whole line of Parallels... including the 6.0mm.

You are on my write-to list today, but now I'll wait until yours arrives so that I can better defend myself.

=) Eric

eriquito
February 3rd, 2013, 04:39 PM
I wrote and mailed a letter this morning. I'm planning to write at least three more before bed so that they can leave tomorrow morning with the postal carrier type person.

=) Eric

caribbean_skye
February 3rd, 2013, 08:33 PM

I used to send a lot of aerogrammes as a child as it was cheaper than regular mail as you weren't allowed to add anything in there. However when I moved to the US I was able to buy them I discovered it was the same cost as a regular letter so I decided to write with regular stationary instead. Somewhere in my things (probably in GA) are 2 aerogrammes.

Poppet
February 3rd, 2013, 10:20 PM
I've done mine! Posted off to BFF's in England today, and next is me Mumsy, and then only 7 more spots to fill on my calendar. :)

melydia
February 4th, 2013, 09:36 AM
I was bedridden all weekend with a nasty cold, but last night I got all caught up and sent off four postcards: my sister, two good friends, and a penpal. I have most of the other recipients chosen, but there are still a few open days left. :)

BTW, I blogged about InCoWriMo: http://melydia.zoiks.org/2013/01/incowrimo/

Type40
February 4th, 2013, 10:26 AM
I am spreading them around, one in my mail box at home, on in the inter office mail, and one in a drive up drop box. The last I wrote while at work. :)

Tulipsaki
February 4th, 2013, 10:33 AM
Yes, and I'm ahead by a letter, yay!

I've decided to write fan mail to actors and actresses I like in Korea and Japan. Admittedly, this'll get a little pricey, but I wouldn't normally bother, and isn't the point of InCoWriMo to get us writing letters we wouldn't normally write?

writingrav
February 4th, 2013, 10:53 AM
Today's letter went out with the usual wax seal... but this time after giving myself a second degree burn from hot wax. Occupational hazard, I guess.

Type40
February 4th, 2013, 11:00 AM
Yea, it does get hot and in case you are wondering, it isn't very easy to get out of a car seat.

proudscotsman
February 4th, 2013, 11:32 AM
I have written the first 5 or so. more to come later.

magnesium68
February 4th, 2013, 11:46 AM
Wrote 32 letters in 4 days, everything is in the mail, now i will keep my eyes open for the mailman :)

Type40
February 4th, 2013, 11:49 AM
one in the inter office mail, and one in a drive up drop box. The last I wrote while at work. :)

Make that two in the drive up box. I really should try to do some work at work instead of writing letter right?

Bohemond76
February 4th, 2013, 12:09 PM
Has anyone written to Buckingham Palace already btw....? *grins*

fountainpenkid
February 4th, 2013, 01:49 PM
Catching up on letters today...just wrote 3 :)
proudscotsman, KrazyIvan, and manouver have letters on the way!

manoeuver
February 4th, 2013, 02:10 PM
knocked out two letters today. the letter B and the letter R. some of my faves.

KrazyIvan
February 4th, 2013, 02:15 PM
Hope you did not knock them out too hard and they are okay.

manoeuver
February 4th, 2013, 02:17 PM
They bounced right back like RBBR.

chaimann
February 4th, 2013, 03:40 PM
I've decided to write fan mail to actors and actresses I like in Korea and Japan. Admittedly, this'll get a little pricey, but I wouldn't normally bother, and isn't the point of InCoWriMo to get us writing letters we wouldn't normally write?

Fan mail is a great idea. I've been thinking about fan-mailing some authors this month.

Bogon07
February 4th, 2013, 04:00 PM
Just sent off five to the USA and bought another bunch of stamps. That should provide a healthy boost to Australia Post's profits.

"Fan mail is a great idea. I've been thinking about fan-mailing some authors this month."-Chaimann

Good idea although most of my favourites are no longer with us.

fountainpenkid
February 4th, 2013, 04:01 PM
Recieved a letter (VERY Nice!) from writingav. Thanks!

manoeuver
February 4th, 2013, 04:29 PM
I got a pen and a nice note from Inky. I responded. It was really a nice time.

Tracy Lee
February 4th, 2013, 04:52 PM
Had such a Monday that I cannot even put words to it. Got two international and three domestic letters mailed, which made me happy. I arrived home to find two wonderful notes in my mailbox. All negative traces of Monday are wiped clean. Made me squeal with delight! Time to get in there and do some writing tonight, and those received will get responses soon as well. :):thumbup:

Lane
February 4th, 2013, 06:30 PM
Good idea although most of my favourites are no longer with us.

That doesn't prevent you from writing to them. It just prevents them from responding.

Now on the subject of InkARhino or whatever, is it too late to join?

caribbean_skye
February 4th, 2013, 06:42 PM
That doesn't prevent you from writing to them. It just prevents them from responding.

Not at all, just add your name and address to the mailing address exchange thread. I think it is http://fpgeeks.com/forum/showthread.php/1696-Mailing-Address-Exchange-for-InCoWriMo-2013

Today's letter went out with the usual wax seal... but this time after giving myself a second degree burn from hot wax. Occupational hazard, I guess.

Be careful. If it's any consolation, I was using some wax I picked up several years ago in Venice (it even has a wick) and I thought I was going to set my Rhodia Pad (followed by the carpet) on fire. Thankfully that didn't happen and switched to the J Herbin wax instead.

Wrote 32 letters in 4 days, everything is in the mail, now i will keep my eyes open for the mailman :)

Wow, I'd be interested to know how many you send out over the 28 days if you've already sent out 32. At 8 a day you're looking at 224 letters!

Make that two in the drive up box. I really should try to do some work at work instead of writing letter right?

Nah! You have March to worry about work.

Had such a Monday that I cannot even put words to it. Got two international and three domestic letters mailed, which made me happy. I arrived home to find two wonderful notes in my mailbox. All negative traces of Monday are wiped clean. Made me squeal with delight! Time to get in there and do some writing tonight, and those received will get responses soon as well. :):thumbup:

That's awesome and right on time too. There is nothing like a letter in the mailbox to make ones day. Sometimes I walk to the mailbox with a letter opener.

Bogon07
February 4th, 2013, 09:31 PM

They could respond, I'm sure there are some bits H.P. Lovecraft is floating about somewhere.

As Carribean Skye says just add your name to the mailing list but to appease Eric you'd have to catch up on the last few days.
Or back date a couple of letters. I don't think the InkaRhino will worry too much. Some people like me are doing them in batches anyway.

Mags
February 5th, 2013, 03:42 AM
I did all the letters in one quite lengthy sitting but thanks to a sleepless night anyway and time on my hands I am ready to hit the shower, clean up and shave and off to the office. Inky fingers and all if the baystate blue has its way!

PostMuse
February 5th, 2013, 04:20 AM
Sometimes I walk to the mailbox with a letter opener.

I'd like a t-shirt with a Victorian woman sitting at her writing desk, holding an elegant letter opener, looking contemplative, and the caption "Be careful, or I shall open you like a letter."

jfsisler
February 5th, 2013, 07:15 AM
I'm putting a Georgia O'Keeffe postcard in the mail to a friend today, so I'm still keeping up so far.

nusiax
February 5th, 2013, 07:16 AM
I have written a note each day so far using the address exchange. I already write a great deal. I send postcards using postcrossing almost everyday. But writing a personal note. Special. My goal is to write everyone in the address exchange over the month. I know there are more than 28 address so I will double up some days.

BR
Rob

KrazyIvan
February 5th, 2013, 08:28 AM
I am running on the current day. Three letters mailed out yesterday. Today's should go out tomorrow unless I can make the mail pickup cutoff.

Bohemond76
February 5th, 2013, 09:01 AM
AM travelling today but just checked into my hotel and although they don't have hotel signed paper for letters they do have marked envelopes so I got a stack and will be using them. Who else loves hotel stationery ( which is harder to come by these days! )?

caribbean_skye
February 5th, 2013, 09:56 AM
AM travelling today but just checked into my hotel and although they don't have hotel signed paper for letters they do have marked envelopes so I got a stack and will be using them. Who else loves hotel stationery ( which is harder to come by these days! )?

Ooooh, they have envelopes too? I usually see stationary but not envelopes. How do you find their stationary does with FP inks?

Bohemond76
February 5th, 2013, 10:06 AM
yes Hotel envelopes usually have their logo and address and such on them as they are used at reception to put in your invoice when you check-out. The paper depends but they take fountain pens rather well and you don't have to bother about bleedthrough so...and they come FREE lol...going to ask some more later but waiting for the guy whom I asked first at reception to leave his shift. Can you tell i'm having fun ? LOL

Type40
February 5th, 2013, 10:15 AM
Got home and didn't have my pen, thought I left it at work. Got to work this morning and couldn't find it. Turns out is fell out of my pocket in my truck.

Just finished a note to someone else at work so today is covered.

I really should have a second pen. :)

KrazyIvan
February 5th, 2013, 10:45 AM
Today's letter went out but I missed the cutoff by 30 minutes.

Tracy Lee
February 5th, 2013, 04:34 PM
I love hotel stationary and always take it, too. Yes, two hit the mailbox today - one domestic, one to the Netherlands. Relaxing for a bit tonight before writing a couple more. Folks will appreciate I am still using my leftover Christmas forever stamps first. :-)

fountainpenkid
February 5th, 2013, 04:45 PM
I love hotel stationary and always take it, too. Yes, two hit the mailbox today - one domestic, one to the Netherlands. Relaxing for a bit tonight before writing a couple more. Folks will appreciate I am still using my leftover Christmas forever stamps first. :-)

got your letter today! No worries! It didn't look too much like a Christmas card to me at first...

caribbean_skye
February 5th, 2013, 05:11 PM
Got home and didn't have my pen, thought I left it at work. Got to work this morning and couldn't find it. Turns out is fell out of my pocket in my truck.

Just finished a note to someone else at work so today is covered.

I really should have a second pen. :)

Glad you found your pen, yes you really should have a second (and third and fourth...) pen. :D

yes Hotel envelopes usually have their logo and address and such on them as they are used at reception to put in your invoice when you check-out. The paper depends but they take fountain pens rather well and you don't have to bother about bleedthrough so...and they come FREE lol...going to ask some more later but waiting for the guy whom I asked first at reception to leave his shift. Can you tell i'm having fun ? LOL

Hmm the last time I stayed in a hotel I didn't get my invoice in an envelope. I will have to check out their stationary the next time I stay somewhere. It does sound like you're having fun.

Steph
February 5th, 2013, 06:36 PM
I InCoWriMo'd! Sent off letters to Eric, Brian G., Dan, Scott F., Janis J., Aleks, Sabina, and Ira. Now some Chinese New Year cards to relatives.

manoeuver
February 5th, 2013, 06:40 PM
I usually write a bizarre note on the hotel stationary and leave it for the staff.

chaimann
February 5th, 2013, 06:51 PM
I posted nine letters today - two that missed yesterday's pick-up, and seven new ones. I have three more Valentines to write, then my "I flaked on Christmas cards" obligation is met.

sandraw
February 5th, 2013, 07:28 PM
I have written and mailed 4 letters, 4 days. Getting ready to write another tonight, day 5. A lot of people who dont know me from Adam (Eve) will be getting letters from me this month. It has been years since I wrote a letter prior to this challenge.

caribbean_skye
February 5th, 2013, 07:29 PM
I have written and mailed 4 letters, 4 days. Getting ready to write another tonight, day 5. A lot of people who dont know me from Adam (Eve) will be getting letters from me this month. It has been years since I wrote a letter prior to this challenge.

That's the spirit! Well don't think of it as us not knowing you from Adam, but getting to know you better. :)

Tracy Lee
February 5th, 2013, 07:31 PM
got your letter today! No worries! It didn't look too much like a Christmas card to me at first...

:-)

Tracy Lee
February 5th, 2013, 07:33 PM
So whattaya think? We change February to Februletter? Or Februwriting? :-) Four more written tonight while baking cookies - Germany and Australia here they come.

PaulSvendsen
February 5th, 2013, 07:56 PM
Four letters tonight after supper: Dan, Stephen, Brian and Lisa, and Tracy Lee. This is fun.

jfsisler
February 6th, 2013, 06:58 AM
So whattaya think? We change February to Februletter? Or Februwriting? :-) Four more written tonight while baking cookies - Germany and Australia here they come.

I like Februletter myself;) Made a cute little note for the LWA last night that will go in the mail today. Wanted to let them know we saved our post office:):angel:

writingrav
February 6th, 2013, 07:02 AM
Postal Service to Cut Saturday Mail to Trim Costs!!!

The end of the World has Begun

Tracy Lee
February 6th, 2013, 07:34 AM

I literally just saw this and came here for comfort. I saw it coming but still. . .

Tulipsaki
February 6th, 2013, 09:27 AM
Yes, to Lisa Anderson. And am thinking who to write to next. Probably will just go down the "50+ people who will take a letter" list.

caribbean_skye
February 6th, 2013, 10:43 AM

Haven't they been putting forth this idea for a few years now but instead chose to close several post offices instead? Apart from the principle of it, I don't usually get a lot of mail on Saturdays anyway but it will be remembering not to check mail on Saturdays that is going to be an issue.

Off to write my letter for the day and get it out in the post before the mailman comes.

KrazyIvan
February 6th, 2013, 10:53 AM
6th letter complete. I missed mail pickup cutoff by 53 minutes.

writingrav
February 6th, 2013, 11:08 AM
Mailed 3 letters today but better still have begun to receive letters.

manoeuver
February 6th, 2013, 05:04 PM
popped a couple in the mail today.
Wish they'd cut more days from the USPS.
90% of what comes through the slot is trash.

PostMuse
February 6th, 2013, 08:07 PM
90% of what appears in my mailboxes is personal correspondence. Took me a long time, and $1, by check, to get rid of most junk mail, but it was worth it. You could start with Catalog Choice (which is more than catalogs) https://www.catalogchoice.org/ but the USPS also has some resources for getting off mailing lists.

Ayla
February 6th, 2013, 09:08 PM
I corresponded and got caught up, even with my injury. I wrote 5 letters and 1 note.

- 2 international letters
- 3 domestic letters
- 1 note

Ayla
February 6th, 2013, 09:13 PM
Thank you for this, I am soo doing this! I hate junk mail

chaimann
February 6th, 2013, 09:25 PM
Two notes to civilians, and one to a forum member selected at semi-random.

Tomorrow, I have to buy stamps, so maybe I'll get some international correspondence ready to take to the PO.

Aleks
February 7th, 2013, 01:07 AM
sorry if mine seem delayed :\ im mailing 3-4 ppl at the time... my schedule really impedes me from mailing daily :(... but im keeping up with the 1 to 1 ratio that the challenge demands :D

woosang
February 7th, 2013, 01:57 AM
To a twitter pal, and one to a competition :-)

jfsisler
February 7th, 2013, 11:19 AM
I didn't get anything written last night (long story) but I'll try and write two people tonight to make up for it. Is it wrong to want the blizzard to hit so I can stay home and write letters?;)

writingrav
February 7th, 2013, 11:59 AM
I didn't get anything written last night (long story) but I'll try and write two people tonight to make up for it. Is it wrong to want the blizzard to hit so I can stay home and write letters?;)

but how will you get to the mailbox :)

dajhek
February 7th, 2013, 12:13 PM
Has anyone written to Buckingham Palace already btw....? *grins*

My letter to the Queen goes out today!

Ayla
February 7th, 2013, 02:40 PM
I wrote a note to a total stranger, who had lost his card on the bus. I found it, wrote the note, and took it to him (since we live in the same area). He was deeply grateful that I had done that :)

chaimann
February 7th, 2013, 04:50 PM
One letter to a friend, two letters of introduction to fountain pen fanciers.

Two of those were international, and I discovered to my delight that the USPS now sells international Forever stamps. I bought a few extras, so a few more offshore InCos will be receiving messages from a stranger.

caribbean_skye
February 7th, 2013, 06:44 PM
Two of those were international, and I discovered to my delight that the USPS now sells international Forever stamps. I bought a few extras, so a few more offshore InCos will be receiving messages from a stranger.

Oooh they do? I'm going to the post office tomorrow in the hopes of snagging some. This int'l postage is ridiculous (esp around Christmas time)

jfsisler
February 7th, 2013, 07:16 PM
but how will you get to the mailbox :)

Touche! BUt even if they all go out next week, I'll have used my pens;) I'm getting two pens back that needed repair so I'm in my element. As it is i'm bummed out that my valentines won't go out on time:(

AndreasDavour
February 8th, 2013, 02:10 AM
I'm amazed that USPS actually have had Saturday delivery up until now. I have no idea when it stopped in Sweden, but it was some time ago.

Sounds like many participants have been going crazy with their letter writing! Fun.

I have had the plan to write at least one letter each day. Doing 3-5 each day would kill me!

Sadly I caught the flu just as InCoWriMo started...

Now I'm catching up, though! One or two random people on the address exchange will get picked today!

woosang
February 8th, 2013, 02:59 AM
I have a pole to post.. Alas my shifts don't allow me to get to the post office for stamps. :-(

woosang
February 8th, 2013, 03:00 AM
D'oh! A pile even

Tracy Lee
February 8th, 2013, 05:19 AM
I'm amazed that USPS actually have had Saturday delivery up until now. I have no idea when it stopped in Sweden, but it was some time ago.

Sounds like many participants have been going crazy with their letter writing! Fun.

I have had the plan to write at least one letter each day. Doing 3-5 each day would kill me!

Sadly I caught the flu just as InCoWriMo started...

Now I'm catching up, though! One or two random people on the address exchange will get picked today!

You are at the top of my pile today! :-) Hope you are feeling better, I spent much of January with pneumonia so I feel your misery. Take care!!

Tracy Lee
February 8th, 2013, 05:25 AM
A headache kept me from writing on the 6th but three more last night to make the guilt go away. More today for sure, and I have 5 to respond to over the weekend. My LWA pen pal wrote and is participating, too, so that is fun. I am up to 14.

chaimann
February 8th, 2013, 08:29 AM
Oooh they do? I'm going to the post office tomorrow in the hopes of snagging some. This int'l postage is ridiculous (esp around Christmas time)

Yes, they do! I got the impression they were rather new. I wasn't paying that much attention, until the clerk said, "Oh, these are interesting," as though she had not had to use them before.

KrazyIvan
February 8th, 2013, 08:56 AM
I have a pole to post.. Alas my shifts don't allow me to get to the post office for stamps. :-(

I found out I can buy stamps at my banks ATM.

jfsisler
February 8th, 2013, 09:23 AM
I managed to get a letter to PostMuse in the mail before the weather hit the fan. I got a note from Breck, PostMuse and Dragon last night and it was awesome to get something in my mailbox other than bills (the only bill I want is the one I"m married to;) Anyway, SNOW DAY!!!!! I can spend the day writing letters.:)

mleeson
February 8th, 2013, 11:23 AM
I banged out 3 letters last night, they go in the mail today.

caribbean_skye
February 8th, 2013, 03:02 PM
Yes, they do! I got the impression they were rather new. I wasn't paying that much attention, until the clerk said, "Oh, these are interesting," as though she had not had to use them before.

Went to the post office today and was told that they won't be carrying any until their current stock of int'l postage stamps have been used up. I'll try the other post office tomorrow when I go to mail things and hope for better luck. I looked it up before I left the house and it's a good thing I did as the postal worker didn't have a clue what I was talking about.

KrazyIvan
February 8th, 2013, 03:52 PM
Letter # 8 went out very late today.

chaimann
February 8th, 2013, 04:33 PM
I mailed two cards today, to folks on the forum. It would have been more, but the car heard my plans for the day, and laughed, then drove over a big honking nail.

Tracy Lee
February 8th, 2013, 04:51 PM
Picked up my Int'l stamps today, mailed 4 (Spain, Australia x 2, and Germany) and one stateside. Got another letter today, so now I have 6 to write back. Had to pick up more NASA postcards which I am including with every letter. :-) Getting ready to go write a few more tonight before I crash.

caribbean_skye
February 8th, 2013, 07:38 PM
Today got away from me, so instead of the 2 I needed to write for today, now I have 4 to write so that they can go out tomorrow.

I mailed two cards today, to folks on the forum. It would have been more, but the car heard my plans for the day, and laughed, then drove over a big honking nail.forum

Oh no, sorry to hear that. :(

Toffer
February 9th, 2013, 01:43 AM
I struggled to do anything after work last night so need to write three today! Wish I could get some fancy stamps to send international. I just pass them to the post office, will have to ask when I go in next if they do them.

Tracy Lee
February 9th, 2013, 05:07 AM
I struggled to do anything after work last night so need to write three today! Wish I could get some fancy stamps to send international. I just pass them to the post office, will have to ask when I go in next if they do them.

When I got mine yesterday they still didn't have the new stamp with the newest rate sin e it just went up. He gave me the old $1.05 int'l stamp, and a sheet of 5 cent stamps and said to be sure and put on one of each. He told me that twice. I must a looked dumb yesterday, it happens. He did think by Saturday they would have the new ones. Not sure what they look like.

AndreasDavour
February 9th, 2013, 05:11 AM
I spent a silly amount of time yesterday writing a letter with multiple pens and inks. Naturally I managed to drip ink on it, and had to write it out again!

Today I will be less ambitious.

jfsisler
February 9th, 2013, 07:55 AM
I spent a silly amount of time yesterday writing a letter with multiple pens and inks. Naturally I managed to drip ink on it, and had to write it out again!

I would love a letter with ink stains - you wouldn't have to rewrite it if it happened to mine:)

KrazyIvan
February 9th, 2013, 12:14 PM
Letter #9 is ready.

AndreasDavour
February 9th, 2013, 01:24 PM
I would love a letter with ink stains - you wouldn't have to rewrite it if it happened to mine:)

I'll have to keep that in mind. :)

AndreasDavour
February 9th, 2013, 01:29 PM
You are at the top of my pile today! :-) Hope you are feeling better, I spent much of January with pneumonia so I feel your misery. Take care!!

Thanks! Yeah, now I feel a lot better. Still a lot of coughing, but at least I'm not exhausted or in pain. I don't envy you that pneumonia experience!

manoeuver
February 10th, 2013, 07:52 AM
missed a day yesterday, but I had some letter equity built up over the last week. Just finished a letter to FPK.

caribbean_skye
February 10th, 2013, 12:12 PM
missed a day yesterday, but I had some letter equity built up over the last week. Just finished a letter to FPK.

Same here, missed a day yesterday but you're on my list for today. :)

manoeuver
February 10th, 2013, 02:12 PM
Same here, missed a day yesterday but you're on my list for today. :)(high five)

raffaela
February 10th, 2013, 05:33 PM
I'm not so organized but i did send out 6 letters today, someplaces in the states. Connecticut, Texas, California, NW, i have one card i forgot to post to Madrid...it'll be on its way this week!! I think in the next batch, it'll be overseas again, since this is international.

Tracy Lee
February 10th, 2013, 05:57 PM
I am trying but my cats are taking turns annoying me. Can you see her? Even with a flash she is so black. I managed another 3 today, two yesterday and three on Friday. I have quite a stack to mail in the morning.

Bohemond76
February 10th, 2013, 11:09 PM
I have exactly same problem. The moment I dip my pen into the ink you can bet Henri is wailing to go out side or to want to cme back inside. In fact as I type this I can hear him scream 'Open the damn door you human fools!'...*sighs*. 2 letters only last day .

jfsisler
February 11th, 2013, 08:05 AM
I wrote a letter to Breck and Dragon over the weekend, and I dashed off a quick postcard to Brad - they're all going in the mail today. :)

Type40
February 11th, 2013, 09:30 AM
I have a postcard (yesterday's) and a letter today going out. Need to spend some time working on my replies. Looking forward to getting the mail now. :)

Ayla
February 11th, 2013, 11:13 AM
Wrote 3 domestic letters over the weekend. Plan to compose another. But due to the weather conditions, I don't know if I will be able to pop it in the mail today. The snow monsters, decided to dump on us starting last night.

ETA: I wrote 2 letters today, will hopefully pop them in the mail tomorrow :)

chaimann
February 11th, 2013, 02:13 PM
My first two incoming letters arrived today, and I'm grinning like it is Christmas.

Carole
February 11th, 2013, 04:47 PM
I am trying but my cats are taking turns annoying me.
Bohemond76----I have exactly same problem.

Me three, same issue with the kits. So I caved in.... 1689

...and just gave them some pens. Worked like a charm! Turns out they just wanted to write some notes, too. Got a lot of letters done this weekend--enough so maybe I can still join In.

Tracy Lee
February 11th, 2013, 05:36 PM
LOL, this is great! What a cute cat! I guess they just want to be involved, too.

fountainpenkid
February 11th, 2013, 06:51 PM
Finally sent off my entry for the Beaumont...it is quite a weird piece.
Also wrote a letter to whomever said they play the ukulele here!
Got two letters from people I don't know on here...both very nice ones though! One even sent me a wonderful cutout on the history of the pen...made by waterman's back when the Patrician was the top of the line pen...

jfsisler
February 11th, 2013, 07:51 PM
I am trying but my cats are taking turns annoying me. Can you see her? Even with a flash she is so black. I managed another 3 today, two yesterday and three on Friday. I have quite a stack to mail in the morning.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2'

Now I want a letter AND a cat;)

Trixie.in.Dixie
February 11th, 2013, 08:03 PM
I got caught up today - I admit I got a late start on writing, but I'm up to speed now. I've received a few and I've written back to them. I got my new international Forever stamps today. I ordered all of my stamps from usps.com since I don't have time during the day to go to the post office, and I like to take my time looking through all the stamps that are available.

Carole
February 11th, 2013, 09:47 PM
Got two letters from people I don't know on here...both very nice ones though! One even sent me a wonderful cutout on the history of the pen...made by waterman's back when the Patrician was the top of the line pen...

Hi Will---That Waterman cutout sounds great! If you're not tired of reading letters, I was hoping to write you this week from the Left Coast. I don't play the uke, but anything special you want me to report on from here? :music:

bethinoz
February 12th, 2013, 05:12 AM
Three postcards sent today - one a reply going to the UK. Two received a very happy Tuesday indeed :)

jfsisler
February 12th, 2013, 07:17 AM
I left a note for Patricia and for Brian and Lisa for my postman to pick up this morning and I have three postcards with me to scribble out at lunch. Don't know who those will go to yet, but 5 total for today hopefully. This is just awesome!!!

KrazyIvan
February 12th, 2013, 08:32 AM
I am right on pace. I was one letter ahead yesterday so if I keep it up I should be one day early. :)

http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8528/8466245017_839f0ba3c6_n.jpg (http://www.flickr.com/photos/ivan_romero/8466245017/)
#InCoWriMo letter batch. This puts me ahead one day. (http://www.flickr.com/photos/ivan_romero/8466245017/) by IvanRomero (http://www.flickr.com/people/ivan_romero/), on Flickr

Type40
February 12th, 2013, 09:37 AM
Have sent one already today but have a couple more that I want to find the time to write. I was reminded of a really good Cary Grant & Audrey Hepburn movie called Charade (1963). I would say why it came to mind but that would give away too many things in the plot. I do recommend it to anyone though.

fountainpenkid
February 12th, 2013, 10:31 AM
Going to reply to the interesting letter written in BALLPOINT (Prof. Dangleburry, I'll give you the address so you can order a house arrest ;)) I received today!

PostMuse
February 12th, 2013, 10:44 AM
Have sent one already today but have a couple more that I want to find the time to write. I was reminded of a really good Cary Grant & Audrey Hepburn movie called Charade (1963). I would say why it came to mind but that would give away too many things in the plot. I do recommend it to anyone though.

A friend recommended that movie and I watched it while doing late night sewing in December. It is quite wonderful.

Toffer
February 12th, 2013, 12:31 PM
I haven't corresponded yet today, I have yesterdays to do and then I have a reply to write to type 40 for this letter: 1696

(I'm never putting a photo on again it took me ages! Old technically challenged man in 27 year old's body!!) :)

Carole
February 12th, 2013, 04:08 PM
Quote Originally Posted by Type40 View Post
PostMuse : A friend recommended that movie and I watched it while doing late night sewing in December. It is quite wonderful.

CHARADE! Outstanding reference, thank you! What a great movie for InCo's everywhere! :clap2:

KrazyIvan
February 12th, 2013, 04:09 PM
Sent out another card today so I am still one day ahead. :)

fountainpenkid
February 12th, 2013, 04:36 PM
I'm ahead, but I write more replies than I do first-time letters.

caribbean_skye
February 12th, 2013, 05:25 PM
I'm ahead, but I write more replies than I do first-time letters.

I'm keeping up, although I'm opposite of you FPK, I write more first-time letters than replies. Replies (3) will probably be done tomorrow as I have no plans to leave the house tomorrow during the day. Plus, I need to take a few photos and post them up here...

fountainpenkid
February 12th, 2013, 05:27 PM
I'm keeping up, although I'm opposite of you FPK, I write more first-time letters than replies. Replies (3) will probably be done tomorrow as I have no plans to leave the house tomorrow during the day. Plus, I need to take a few photos and post them up here...

I find the hardest part is figuring out who to write to!

caribbean_skye
February 12th, 2013, 05:59 PM
I find the hardest part is figuring out who to write to!

Ahhh, see, what I did was number 1 through 28 and then as I saw names and addresses I added them to specific dates while leaving some dates blank so I could write to whomever I wanted to on that date. That being said, sometimes I forgot what I was going to say to these people which means searching for a post to remind me. You don't have to write first-time letters, replying also counts. I know what you mean though, it is difficult to just write to someone off the cuff that you've had little to no interaction with.

chaimann
February 12th, 2013, 07:00 PM
I put three letters in the mailbox this morning, and... the postal carrier never came. Is it Saturday, and no one told me?

Tracy Lee
February 12th, 2013, 07:11 PM
#'s 23, 24, and 25 have been written and will hit the mail tomorrow. This includes one reply to Paul, and I still have one reply left to go ( a total of 6 received so far, I love it!). I have written to very few people I know and that has really been the fun of it for me. Made a huge int'l list from the thread here in the forum, and need to go back and add the rest. I can usually talk to anyone about anything at any time so the more strangers the better! :-) Not that any of you are strange of course . . . :eek:

writingrav
February 12th, 2013, 09:25 PM
Two in the mail this morning and just finished writing a reply to an incowrimo correspondent, Sabina.

AndreasDavour
February 13th, 2013, 12:23 AM
Now my damn fever have come back. Really bad timing with InCoWriMo to be so tired you can't read, even less write.

Tracy Lee
February 13th, 2013, 04:18 AM
Now my damn fever have come back. Really bad timing with InCoWriMo to be so tired you can't read, even less write.

Boooo, Andreas. Feel better. Stuff this year is really hanging on. Lots of rest is required.

fountainpenkid
February 13th, 2013, 06:32 AM
Will be writing to Caribbeanskye sometime today!

manoeuver
February 13th, 2013, 10:13 AM
checked the PO box today, found four letters and a postcard in there. Awesome.
Sent off 2 letters to forumites today, one in philly and one in Oz.

I'll be replying to all who send me mail too.

yeayuh!

caribbean_skye
February 13th, 2013, 10:33 AM

Awww, I hope you feel better soon.

AndreasDavour
February 13th, 2013, 12:06 PM
A lucid moment, or three. Two letters, to India and Canada, and one postcard, to the UK, written today.

Take that, illness! :D

Type40
February 13th, 2013, 12:26 PM
A new letter to the UK, a reply to a local, and a postcard to someone new.

chaimann
February 13th, 2013, 02:00 PM
I am trying, despite the USPS' attempt to thwart me. Yesterday, I put three letters in the mailbox, and the mail carrier did not come at all. Today, I added five letters to those three. The mail carrier came, delivered a bill, and left the eight letters in the mail box. :rant:

caribbean_skye
February 13th, 2013, 02:27 PM
I am trying, despite the USPS' attempt to thwart me. Yesterday, I put three letters in the mailbox, and the mail carrier did not come at all. Today, I added five letters to those three. The mail carrier came, delivered a bill, and left the eight letters in the mail box. :rant:

How bizarre. I'd be calling the local post office and finding out what is going on. We have community mailboxes in the neighbourhood (thankfully it's at the bottom of our driveway) and my postman likes to wedge everything in my box even when it clearly states "do not bend" on the package.

KrazyIvan
February 13th, 2013, 02:57 PM
Yeah, a call to the post master is in order.

Bogon07
February 13th, 2013, 08:11 PM
Bought another batch of stamps for overseas postage yesterday. Posted one this morning and wrote two to keep ahead of the quota.

So does the US postman come and check everyone's mailbox each day to see if they have any letters to post ?
I recall in some movies that your mailboxes have indicators to alert them that there is something to pick up in the mailbox.

And if you forget to put a stamp on a letter does he/she just leave it in your mailbox ?

chaimann
February 13th, 2013, 09:23 PM
So does the US postman come and check everyone's mailbox each day to see if they have any letters to post ?
I recall in some movies that your mailboxes have indicators to alert them that there is something to pick up in the mailbox.

And if you forget to put a stamp on a letter does he/she just leave it in your mailbox ?

Some mailboxes (or mailslots on a door) have a clip, so the letters are visible from the outside. Others have a flag that you flip up to indicate that outgoing mail is inside.

I won't say this is universal, but if I omitted postage, the carrier would pick it up, send it through the system, then return it a few days later with so many messages plastered all over it that the envelope would be unusable for re-mailing.

Bogon07
February 13th, 2013, 10:07 PM
Some mailboxes (or mailslots on a door) have a clip, so the letters are visible from the outside. Others have a flag that you flip up to indicate that outgoing mail is inside.

I won't say this is universal, but if I omitted postage, the carrier would pick it up, send it through the system, then return it a few days later with so many messages plastered all over it that the envelope would be unusable for re-mailing.

Thanks , yes I've seen picture and movies with the little flags on the size of the mailbox. I can't imagine our posties trying to pickup mail as they wiz by on their motorbikes.

noodlerama
February 14th, 2013, 05:00 AM
I'm a little behind in sending a letter every day. So far I have sent out 10, so I'm 4 letters short. I'm feeling somewhat discouraged because none of the people I sent a letter to have replied yet :( Only 2 people I wrote to are actually into fountain pens and writting, and they live overseas -- so they're excused for not writing back right away. But people here in Germany are not good at responding. Come on, guys!

Bohemond76
February 14th, 2013, 06:22 AM
I'm a little behind in sending a letter every day. So far I have sent out 10, so I'm 4 letters short. I'm feeling somewhat discouraged because none of the people I sent a letter to have replied yet :( Only 2 people I wrote to are actually into fountain pens and writting, and they live overseas -- so they're excused for not writing back right away. But people here in Germany are not good at responding. Come on, guys!

You are not alone struggling to write every day. Work and illness have put me back 4 days too as I also managed "but" 10 letters. I am hoping to catch up during the weekend. I reply to all letters received but since I started with a list i'm doing them in that order, meaning that those I have received sofar will only get written back to in a week or so sicne they are now at the back of my list. Then count 10 days before they get these it'll be end of the month or start of march before they see mine drop in their letterbox. Don't be surprised to receive a bunch of letters in a month from now :)

Type40
February 14th, 2013, 08:17 AM
I'm a little behind in sending a letter every day... I'm feeling somewhat discouraged because none of the people I sent a letter to have replied yet :(

I know it took one of my letters a week to get from the West Coast of the US to the UK. For someone that spends there profession with computers and trying to reduce delays, this is not easily accepted. To cope, I have been thinking of them more as one way messages. For people that I know its mostly, 'Guess what I am doing, weird for me isn't it, {something specific to them}, and good wishes'. I assume that since they haven't ever gotten anything from me like this and probably haven't gotten real mail in a while, they will just mention it in some other way (talk, email, ...).
I have a list of people I know plus those from here (in interesting places or something catches my eye) and I want to either really confuse/surprise the people I know and write/mail something to all the interesting addresses I have gotten from this exchange.
Conversations with them would be fun but at the moment I have more places to mail too than time.

Have you tried sending to Scrib (http://fpgeeks.com/forum/showthread.php/1696-Mailing-Address-Exchange-for-InCoWriMo-2013?p=15591&viewfull=1#post15591)? He is also in Germany.

If you want something in a little over a week and don't want to post your address. Send me an email Type40.Tardis@Gmail.com with your address and some things your are interested in.

Keep with it.

KrazyIvan
February 14th, 2013, 08:23 AM
I wrote a Valentines letter to my wife yesterday. (TWSBI 530, 1.1 nib, Diamine Red Dragon) That puts me two letters ahead if I write one today. :)

Type40
February 14th, 2013, 08:54 AM
Just did one to mine too and folded it like this. Origami Heart (http://www.origami-instructions.com/easy-origami-heart.html)

KrazyIvan
February 14th, 2013, 09:10 AM
Just did one to mine too and folded it like this. Origami Heart (http://www.origami-instructions.com/easy-origami-heart.html)

Very nice. I may have to do another one with the folded heart.

Type40
February 14th, 2013, 09:18 AM
I modified mine slightly. After doing Step 10 (folding the points on the sides back) I opened it slightly and pushed the points in. That way you get the same shape, without the flaps in the back.

fountainpenkid
February 14th, 2013, 01:30 PM
Got manoevers's letter today, and got a great letter from Bogon yesterday! Will reply to both of you!

Bohemond76
February 14th, 2013, 02:02 PM
Managed to get a letter written before I opened the champagne bottle for Valentine...now not so sure I did the right thing...maybe should have tried writing one after I finished some glasses...oh well.

KrazyIvan
February 14th, 2013, 03:26 PM
Today was a bountiful inbound mail day. Lots of letters from all over the globe. This is so cool! I did write one reply card so I am up two letters so far.

Bogon07
February 14th, 2013, 03:51 PM
Type40 that is a handing site for Origami

Managed to get a letter written before I opened the champagne bottle for Valentine...now not so sure I did the right thing...maybe should have tried writing one after I finished some glasses...oh well.

I recall Manoever did some experimenting combining beer, spirits and wines with writing using either hand.
Personally I think ink tests should include resistance to various spilled beverages.

Plonked a couple more letters in the Postbox in the city this morning.

Tracy Lee
February 14th, 2013, 07:00 PM
Energized by "A Good Day to Die Hard" and some popcorn, I have written 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, and 31 this evening. Received 21 letters from Tiffany Henschel's class today - too much fun reading through those. Will get individual replies done over the weekend. I am going to write as many letters as I can in February - game on. I am blowing through stationary at an amazing rate which caused a brief panic, but then I realized a mere opportunity to restock with some new stuff. Maybe I will write even more than I planned just for that! :-)

chaimann
February 14th, 2013, 07:01 PM
I did not write today, but all is not lost.

1. My postal problems have been resolved, and mail is once again outgoing and incoming.
2. I have already sent 30 notes, so I've met the 28-letter goal.
3. I have several envelopes already addressed for "on spec" notes.
4. I've received nice letters from (former) strangers, and I will be replying to those at some point.
5. I managed to pimp InCoWriMo at a job interview today. Oh, yes, I did.

Tracy Lee
February 14th, 2013, 07:39 PM

1. My postal problems have been resolved, and mail is once again outgoing and incoming.
4. I've received nice letters from (former) strangers, and I will be replying to those at some point.

#5 That. Is. AWESOME. :):thumbup:

Tracy Lee
February 14th, 2013, 07:40 PM
Probably good I wrapped it up for the evening . . .thwarted again.

Bogon07
February 14th, 2013, 09:01 PM
Probably good I wrapped it up for the evening . . .thwarted again.

That cat is just foxing and will probably jumped up and get into all your stuff after you leave the room.

jfsisler
February 15th, 2013, 04:35 AM
LOL Tracy! I take it you don't have a cat, your cat has a human?

Tracy Lee
February 15th, 2013, 05:11 AM
LOL Tracy! I take it you don't have a cat, your cat has a human?

All 4 of our cats seem to share two humans, yes. We feel like indentured servants. We tell them it is only cute that saves them from losing those 9 lives. They just smirk and wreak havoc. :-) Pathetic, really.

Bohemond76
February 15th, 2013, 07:52 AM
My cat pissed me off last night as I was trying to write a letter. At least 5 times I had to stop to either open the door to let him in/out or shoo him off the table. It's like they pick that exact moment to get toxic and turn into attention whores.

snedwos
February 15th, 2013, 08:52 AM
I'm afraid I have failed at InCoWriMo... I have written six letters... I am most ashamed, but encouraged by the fact that i have corresponded at all. I think it deosn't help that most of the people I have to write to are on the wrong side of the Atlantic, and thus expensive... However, I do not intend to stop here, and I will try and turn 2013 into InCoWriYe.

Tracy Lee
February 15th, 2013, 10:39 AM
I'm afraid I have failed at InCoWriMo... I have written six letters... I am most ashamed, but encouraged by the fact that i have corresponded at all. I think it deosn't help that most of the people I have to write to are on the wrong side of the Atlantic, and thus expensive... However, I do not intend to stop here, and I will try and turn 2013 into InCoWriYe.

That is the spirit! :-)

snedwos
February 15th, 2013, 11:02 AM
Just received two post cards and a letter!

caribbean_skye
February 15th, 2013, 11:54 AM

Glad to hear about #1 and even better about #5. *gives you two inky thumbs up*

My cat pissed me off last night as I was trying to write a letter. At least 5 times I had to stop to either open the door to let him in/out or shoo him off the table. It's like they pick that exact moment to get toxic and turn into attention whores.

Turning into attention whores seems to be in their DNA along with finding the person who is allergic or doesn't like cats.

Well, the month isn't over, so you haven't failed yet. You can write to people locally where the postage isn't so dear and then pick a handful for the more pricey postage. But serious kudos for having written six at all.

I'm behind on yesterdays and todays letters along with needing to pen 3 responses but I will get to that today since I'll be home alone this weekend. Also means if I can get tomorrows done then I can just listen to the live broadcast from the LA Pen Show.

KrazyIvan
February 15th, 2013, 12:28 PM
Another card out today. I just need to go to the post office for all the international addresses.

For those in the US writing out of the country, I see the international forever stamp sheet is available. Is it just one stamp per letter? How does it work?

Alex Hackmann
February 15th, 2013, 12:55 PM
Hi everyone!

I have just written my 27th letter today. Raffaela fromo NY is going to be my 28th.

Can I call it a leap year and write one more? Maybe a full 31-day-February? Lol.

I've done so to try to make this letters arrive at their destination ASAP, but since I am from Brazil, I guess people will receive them just in the beginning of March. :(

See you guys,
Alex

Carole
February 15th, 2013, 02:11 PM

Hi Bohemond76--- Maybe it's time for my cats to write your cat a letter? Your kitty might tell them what the problem is. (or, claw the note to pieces but either way, at least he's not bugging you, right?).
If you're on the address list, we'll send a note, and enclose some hi-test catnip. May help, you never know!

caribbean_skye
February 15th, 2013, 02:17 PM
Another card out today. I just need to go to the post office for all the international addresses.

For those in the US writing out of the country, I see the international forever stamp sheet is available. Is it just one stamp per letter? How does it work?

I believe it is one stamp per letter.

Tracy Lee
February 15th, 2013, 03:50 PM
I believe it is one stamp per letter.

Yes, one stamp. Current Int'l rate is $1.10. I am still using the previous $1.05 plus a $.05 stamp.

KrazyIvan
February 15th, 2013, 03:57 PM
Yes, one stamp. Current Int'l rate is $1.10. I am still using the previous $1.05 plus a $.05 stamp.

Thank you both. I might just order the sheet. It's too late to go to the post office and I could not get away on my lunch break.

Tulipsaki
February 15th, 2013, 10:47 PM
One stamp per letter.:)

Tulipsaki
February 15th, 2013, 10:51 PM
I'm behind a day! And I was ahead for a bit there. I have to make my letters shorter...

Bohemond76
February 15th, 2013, 11:43 PM
Hi Bohemond76--- Maybe it's time for my cats to write your cat a letter? Your kitty might tell them what the problem is. (or, claw the note to pieces but either way, at least he's not bugging you, right?).
If you're on the address list, we'll send a note, and enclose some hi-test catnip. May help, you never know!

I'm on the list yes :)
And Henri goes mental on catnip. He just woke me up screaming at 7AM so he could go out...

Bogon07
February 16th, 2013, 12:31 AM
That is similar to our rate for overseas postcards but an international letter is $2.35 compared to a domestic letter $0.60.

jfsisler
February 16th, 2013, 09:14 AM
Turning into attention whores seems to be in their DNA along with finding the person who is allergic or doesn't like cats.

This is so true - I am a cat magnet even though my sinuses explode within 50 feet of one. I can tolerate them in small doses but not as full time pets:(

Tracy Lee
February 16th, 2013, 07:07 PM
This is so true - I am a cat magnet even though my sinuses explode within 50 feet of one. I can tolerate them in small doses but not as full time pets:(

LOL, they know. Devious, and smart they are. Got your letter today, will be responding if that's okay. I have written 16 full length letters in the last couple of hours so I am taking a break and may decide I am done for tonight. I thought my hand would be a big cramp, but it really isn't too bad at all. I drained and had to refill my Visconti Divina, the oversized one that holds double ink. I started my stationery replenishment shopping on Goulet Pens last night with some Crown Mill, oh, and rocker blotter paper and wax and . . . . :)

KrazyIvan
February 16th, 2013, 08:26 PM
Two letters today putting me three ahead.

writingrav
February 17th, 2013, 05:14 AM
Two more going out today, one foreign and one domestic. Up to 45 for the month.

jfsisler
February 17th, 2013, 05:51 AM
That sounds fantastic, Tracy. I look forward to your letter.

fountainpenkid
February 17th, 2013, 06:10 AM
I'll send a letter to JustDaveyB and ask him to write with all of his amazing daily user pens!

Type40
February 17th, 2013, 10:07 AM
I started my stationery replenishment shopping on Goulet Pens last night with some Crown Mill, oh, and rocker blotter paper and wax and . . . . :)

I would be interested to hear your experiences with the rocker blotter. Did you get the full sheets or pre-cut?
Take the first letter you use the wax on to the post office. It tends to make them way more then is aloud for normal postage, adding 20 cents.

Just finished a letter (#36). No post today or tomorrow. :(

manoeuver
February 17th, 2013, 10:37 AM
Wrote to France. Gotta check my po box tuesday, I may have more stuff. As of now I've dashed off a reply to all me receipts.

Toffer
February 17th, 2013, 10:58 AM
I am so behind!! I have five to do and two replies! On a positive note I just won an Esterbrook on eBay so can use that to write a letter when it arrives!

mdesimone
February 17th, 2013, 05:48 PM
So happy for the holiday weekend - the extra time allowed me to catch up! Four go out Tuesday!

Tracy Lee
February 17th, 2013, 06:30 PM
#'s 48, 49, and 50 done tonight. There will be a pile to mail on Tuesday at this rate. Have some replies and saving those for tomorrow.

Tracy Lee
February 17th, 2013, 06:35 PM
I would be interested to hear your experiences with the rocker blotter. Did you get the full sheets or pre-cut?
Take the first letter you use the wax on to the post office. It tends to make them way more then is aloud for normal postage, adding 20 cents.

Just finished a letter (#36). No post today or tomorrow. :(

Me too. I bought a small rocker blotter on eBay, nothing fancy. I went with the sheets so I can cut to fit. I watched the videos and that seemed to make good sense to me. When I use wax it does effect postage, you are right about that, but I usually put them inside of another envelope for protection and know that will cost me. That's okay, it's kind of cool! :)

manoeuver
February 18th, 2013, 01:58 PM
wrote an other one today, it'll be headed to the netherlands tomorrow... I've got time to fire off another one, who shall it be...

Tracy Lee
February 18th, 2013, 03:12 PM
Finished early today at #59. This week I can spend some time on replies to some GREAT letters I have recieved. :)

caribbean_skye
February 19th, 2013, 01:08 PM
Finished early today at #59. This week I can spend some time on replies to some GREAT letters I have recieved. :)

Is that to 59 different people or are you counting in responses too?

I just finished my last letter for today so I'm right on track and even responded to a few people. I completely forgot that yesterday was a federal holiday and I even got up extra early to finish the letter before I headed to work. Had I remembered, I'd have kept the letter and finished it off properly today (sorry Tracy Lee). My postman is probably wondering what is going on as he'll find 12 letters in the outgoing mail today (we share a community mailbox with 11 other houses).

Type40
February 19th, 2013, 01:22 PM
Yea, two days with out mail services (Sunday, Holiday) does cause some issues. Checked my box this morning and was happy to see two surprise domestic letters and one reply from across the pond.

I have three to go out today, two to friends and one to someone one new in France.

I am planning on getting the responses to the ones I got today, in the post on Thursday.

chaimann
February 19th, 2013, 02:18 PM
Just stuck some more letters in outgoing mail. 35 so far for the month, and more to come.

Tracy Lee
February 19th, 2013, 02:58 PM
Is that to 59 different people or are you counting in responses too?

I just finished my last letter for today so I'm right on track and even responded to a few people. I completely forgot that yesterday was a federal holiday and I even got up extra early to finish the letter before I headed to work. Had I remembered, I'd have kept the letter and finished it off properly today (sorry Tracy Lee). My postman is probably wondering what is going on as he'll find 12 letters in the outgoing mail today (we share a community mailbox with 11 other houses).

59 different people. It includes the 21 students I wrote to in Tiffany Henschel's class. I have dome replies to my letters that want to keep writing so those will be longer and I will work on those this week.

AndreasDavour
February 19th, 2013, 03:05 PM
59 individual people is quite impressive!

I managed to write answers to two letters today. Great fun. One going to Lexington, and the other to a prolific letter writer in Florida. :)

Tracy Lee
February 19th, 2013, 05:26 PM
59 individual people is quite impressive!

I managed to write answers to two letters today. Great fun. One going to Lexington, and the other to a prolific letter writer in Florida. :)

Yahoo!! :)

caribbean_skye
February 19th, 2013, 06:07 PM
59 different people. It includes the 21 students I wrote to in Tiffany Henschel's class. I have dome replies to my letters that want to keep writing so those will be longer and I will work on those this week.

Wow even without the 21 students that's an impressive number of letters. You're by far the queen of Inco year 1. I received some in the mail today that I need to reply to, but I'm not sure I'll get to those tonight as I still have to cook dinner before I head out to work.

writingrav
February 19th, 2013, 06:45 PM
Letter 56 went into the mail today, of which are represented 52 different people. More importantly I joyously received 4 letters in the mail today. Wonderful feeling!

Bogon07
February 19th, 2013, 07:49 PM
Letter 56 went into the mail today, of which are represented 52 different people. More importantly I joyously received 4 letters in the mail today. Wonderful feeling!
Geez that is twice as many as I've ploughed through so far !
Only two international stamps left after today's letter. Looks like another expedition to the PostOffice is in order.

And I've been incorrectly calling Noodler's Cactus Fruit Eel as Gruene Cactus in some letters too. Must have been due to a subconscious yearing load up a bright green ink.

AndreasDavour
February 20th, 2013, 12:52 PM
Cactus Fruit? Sometimes I feel like ink manufacturers go out of their way to make you hungry while writing...

Tracy Lee
February 20th, 2013, 06:52 PM
Wow even without the 21 students that's an impressive number of letters. You're by far the queen of Inco year 1. I received some in the mail today that I need to reply to, but I'm not sure I'll get to those tonight as I still have to cook dinner before I head out to work.

You know what it is? All of the planets aligned and this activity was perfect and in a perfect time. I can't explain it, but it has been so great, and exactly what I needed in some intangible way. So easy to sit down and write letters, tonight three more so just fell out of my fingers. I pulled the rest of the addresses I hadn't gotten to from the thread to replenish my pile tonight as well. So, it's karma or something like that. I must have deserved a month that was peaceful. This has been peaceful to me. :)

ThriveToScribe
February 20th, 2013, 08:10 PM
Wrote to longtime friend who can still read my handwriting. Also wrote to family in England. :wave:

Bogon07
February 20th, 2013, 08:28 PM
Posted the 28th this morning.
:lazy2:
I suppose I should select a couple more supplemental victims/correspondees to use up the stamps before the high humidity here sticks them to something.

Type40
February 21st, 2013, 01:08 AM
Just finished the replies to the three letters I got on the 19th and they will be in the mail tomorrow (or I guess now today, the 21st). Time for bed.
Three in, three out. :)

fountainpenkid
February 21st, 2013, 08:00 AM
Wrote my first good-looking (or at least interesting looking) letter today to Type40!

KrazyIvan
February 21st, 2013, 08:26 AM
Mailed out three letters. I lost count how many I am ahead now.

AndreasDavour
February 21st, 2013, 11:08 AM
After yesterdays batch of four and today's one, I'm finally up to speed with as many letters sent out as days have passed. With some more replies gotten I will get enthusiasm enough to even hit #28!

Type40
February 21st, 2013, 11:11 AM
Wrote my first good-looking (or at least interesting looking) letter today to Type40!
Wow, thanks. I will keep an eye out for it.

fountainpenkid
February 21st, 2013, 02:14 PM
Karen Peabody has a reply on the way!

Bohemond76
February 21st, 2013, 02:22 PM
wrote 2 letters today to the US, one of em being Postmuse ;)

jfsisler
February 21st, 2013, 02:28 PM
I sent a postcard to Denise Ames and a note to melydia. Yesterday I put my first letter in the mail to Claire and I'm wondering how long it will take to get from Massachusetts to Australia.:)

Toffer
February 21st, 2013, 02:38 PM
Received three yesterday, one from Bogon07, which only took four days to travel around the world! Just need to reply to them all now!!

Bogon07
February 21st, 2013, 03:16 PM
wow Toffer that is fast. They must have put the postal service between Oz & the UK into turbo boost the past few weeks. A bunch of books and games from thebookdepository took about 6-10days along with the Pearl Al-Star from the WritingDesk.

fountainpenkid
February 21st, 2013, 03:38 PM
I just realized, Bogon, that I sent your letter without proper stampage....I will have to write another one!

Type40
February 21st, 2013, 05:17 PM
Yesterday I put my first letter in the mail to Claire and I'm wondering how long it will take to get from Massachusetts to Australia.:)
The race is on. I just sent one to Claire as well. I wonder who's will get there first.

Tracy Lee
February 21st, 2013, 06:08 PM
The race is on. I just sent one to Claire as well. I wonder who's will get there first.

Three way race! Claire, one on the way from me today too! :) She must have sent out some powerful vibes. :D

Tracy Lee
February 21st, 2013, 06:13 PM
Working on some writing tonight, thought before I started I would show my glorious InCoWriMo "inbox" so far, along with the goodies that arrived from Goulet Oens and other far less interesting sources. Some Crane, G. Lalo, Crown Mill, wax, and blotter paper sheets. :)

Saintpaulia
February 21st, 2013, 06:23 PM
Working on some writing tonight, thought before I started I would show my glorious InCoWriMo "inbox" so far, along with the goodies that arrived from Goulet Oens and other far less interesting sources. Some Crane, G. Lalo, Crown Mill, wax, and blotter paper sheets. :)

Hey there Tracy Lee! Got your letter today! Many thanks. The thing is this: I am beginning to get enough mails so that I don't have to look for addresses anymore. I had filled out my calendar to about Feb. 16th, but by then I had gotten so many nice notes, cards and letters that in just answering them I was doing my duty for the day! Cool. So now to sit down tonight and write Tracy Lee, and Brad, and Ivan, and Bill, and ...

Saintpaulia
February 21st, 2013, 06:31 PM
And I've been incorrectly calling Noodler's Cactus Fruit Eel as Gruene Cactus in some letters too. Must have been due to a subconscious yearing load up a bright green ink.
Yep there is just this slight difference between magenta and green, LOL!

Saintpaulia
February 21st, 2013, 06:34 PM
You know what it is? All of the planets aligned and this activity was perfect and in a perfect time. I can't explain it, but it has been so great, and exactly what I needed in some intangible way. [snip it's karma or something like that. I must have deserved a month that was peaceful. This has been peaceful to me. :)
It's more likely Eric coming back from spending a whole 2nd quarter in Mexico and having another one of his darn cool ideas. Very creative chap, with his fingers, as usual, on the pulse of fountain pen geeks everywhere. It's the simple ideas that are the most effective, don't you think Tracy?

Tracy Lee
February 21st, 2013, 06:43 PM
It's more likely Eric coming back from spending a whole 2nd quarter in Mexico and having another one of his darn cool ideas. Very creative chap, with his fingers, as usual, on the pulse of fountain pen geeks everywhere. It's the simple ideas that are the most effective, don't you think Tracy?

I could not have captured that better if I had tried. In the craziness that has become life for many of us, simple is a welcome respite. I have mentally hugged Eric for this wisdom on multiple occasions, but try not to overshare on that. :p:cool:

Tracy Lee
February 21st, 2013, 06:46 PM
Hey there Tracy Lee! Got your letter today! Many thanks. The thing is this: I am beginning to get enough mails so that I don't have to look for addresses anymore. I had filled out my calendar to about Feb. 16th, but by then I had gotten so many nice notes, cards and letters that in just answering them I was doing my duty for the day! Cool. So now to sit down tonight and write Tracy Lee, and Brad, and Ivan, and Bill, and ...

That is such an awesome thing!! I look forward to hearing from you. :)

writingrav
February 21st, 2013, 07:05 PM
One in, Four out. total 59 out 12 in

Type40
February 21st, 2013, 11:05 PM
Australia today, and tomorrow I claim Ohio. Three ready to go out in the morning. {Turns eye to see where to strike next}

Type40
February 22nd, 2013, 01:21 AM
Brasil... Check. (one)
India... Check. (two)

Current out going for the morning. Six.
Time for bed.

ilangai
February 22nd, 2013, 01:38 AM
Belgium and USA.. Sent :thumb: