PDA

View Full Version : Can anyone identify these disposable cartridges for me?

Vibey
August 11th, 2016, 09:34 PM
Hi everyone - completely new here, first post, and getting straight to the point with a plea for information!

Maybe I deserve it for getting unbranded ink from eBay, maybe not, but here's what happened: I recently bought what I was assured were international standard 4cm ink cartridges, but this is what I got:

Obviously not 4cm! A full centimetre longer and much wider than the blue ink standards I had, and they don't fit any of my pens, including my Jinhao, which is what they were advertised as being for. I've since got my money back but would like to find out what pens they'd fit (maybe Sheaffer? Dunno - I can't find my old Sheaffer to try it out), and maybe pass them on to someone who can use them - there's 49 of the things! (I sacrificed one trying to make it fit EVERY SINGLE PEN).

Thanks in advance!

erpe
August 11th, 2016, 10:37 PM
Just a guess from the pics. The slightly bigger connectoid might fit them into a Parker pen but I'm not sure they are actually designed for that. They are certainly not Parker products.

Sailor Kenshin
August 12th, 2016, 05:00 AM
They appear to be either Hero or Zebra V-pen carts. If you have a Zebra V-301 or a Hero 359, you could check.

jar
August 12th, 2016, 06:00 AM
Hi, welcome home. Pull up a stump and set a spell.

naimitsu
August 12th, 2016, 12:10 PM
Can't help with the identification... but if you look at start and end points of the ink, that's closer to 4cm. Maybe that's what they meant?

Sammyo
August 16th, 2016, 06:26 AM
I just watched an SBRE Brown review of the "Flair Inky" Indian fountain pen... The cartridge looked awfully similar. Check out YouTube and see what you think.
https://youtu.be/-_MhbyBrP9g

Sammyo
August 16th, 2016, 06:28 AM
P.s. definitely not Sheaffer 😉

WallyRussell
August 16th, 2016, 08:27 AM
They look like the Zebra cartridges to me.

Sailor Kenshin
August 16th, 2016, 08:57 AM
I just watched an SBRE Brown review of the "Flair Inky" Indian fountain pen... The cartridge looked awfully similar. Check out YouTube and see what you think.
https://youtu.be/-_MhbyBrP9g

From what I understand, the Hero 359 and 'Flair Inky' carts are interchangeable.

mrcharlie
August 20th, 2016, 01:53 PM
They appear to be either Hero or Zebra V-pen carts. If you have a Zebra V-301 or a Hero 359, you could check.
++

The carts used in the Zebra V-301 and R-301 (rollerball) and the Hero 359 are the same carts as far as I can tell (I have both), and they both look exactly like your picture.

Assuming they fit into the barrel and the into the section, they should fit a Parker, Aurora, or Lamy section as well.