PDA

View Full Version : My screensaver

MrPeeps
August 12th, 2016, 08:58 AM
This is my current screensaver on my laptop.:)What do you guys think?

Dragonmaster Lou
August 12th, 2016, 01:42 PM
Nice, but it's not a screensaver. It's wallpaper. :P

A screensaver is usually an animated image (though simpler ones are often just blank screens) that displays on the screen when your machine is idle so as to prevent potential damage from a static image remaining on screen for too long (much more important in the days of CRTs, somewhat less so with modern LCD displays).

Wallpaper is a background image displayed on your screen.

Sorry, it's one of my pet peeves when someone gets the two confused...

MrPeeps
August 12th, 2016, 02:03 PM
Thats the word I was looking for! I couldnt think of it, In the end I think I ended up convincing my self what it was I actually meant! Total brainfart:lazy2:

Laura N
August 12th, 2016, 03:19 PM
I like your handwriting. :)

MrPeeps
August 12th, 2016, 04:23 PM

usk15
August 18th, 2016, 01:03 AM
A bit of editing:
http://i65.tinypic.com/2ihpmj8.jpg

Dragonmaster Lou
August 18th, 2016, 01:03 PM
Thats the word I was looking for! I couldnt think of it, In the end I think I ended up convincing my self what it was I actually meant! Total brainfart:lazy2:

No biggie. Brainfarts happen. :)

mcorrea
August 19th, 2016, 02:24 AM
Little piece of advice to anyone taking pictures of pens on white paper background: Cameras try to average out the image's brightness. That's why if the image contains a lot of white, the camera darkens everything and it comes out grey. Try using your camera controls (even phone cameras have this control more often than not) to overexpose the image by 1-2 stops and it will look more natural.

Hope this helps.