PDA

View Full Version : Leather Case

mdesimone
February 1st, 2013, 08:43 PM
Hello,

Just checking to see if you have any suggestions on pen cases. I like cases made of leather which can hold 4 to 5 pens. I have a couple, but the last one I got has this strange smell. I know leather has a smell - but this case has an odor like opening a can of paint.

The company swears that it is genuine leather. I have a feeling it's not. So, for my next case, I want to try a different company.

Thanks for the suggestions,
Mike

fountainpenkid
February 2nd, 2013, 04:48 AM
I've heard great things about Franklin Christoph cases. Can't say anything from personal experience though.

AndreasDavour
February 2nd, 2013, 04:59 AM
I have three different from Aston, bought from Goulet, and they are gorgeous with an excellent leather smell. I don't remember if they have smaller cases like 4-5 though. Otherwise strongly recommended!

fpquest
February 2nd, 2013, 07:30 AM
I have the F-C Penvelope 6 and 13 cases and they're great. Both are boot brown and I like the way they show wear over time. They are well built and the wearing is intended. Bigger than you want, but I also have a F-C 20 pen case and a Aston 20 pen case. I like the Aston better because it has double loops for the pens and the pens are easier to get in and out of the case not sure if their smaller cases exist and are the same. The Aston did have a very strong smell when I unboxed it but It's worn off and I do think it's real leather like they claim. I've only had the Aston about a month so can't speak to durability but the F-C cases seems more durable and personally I like their look better.

I just ordered one of the new 4-pen cases Anderson pens is offering but it's still in the mail.

snedwos
February 2nd, 2013, 08:05 AM
It may depend on how the leather has been tanned and dyed. Is it plain brown leather, or does it have a colour?

And even if it isn't leather: is it a nice case? Because I'm sure there will be people around here (not necessarily me) who may have issues with having leather objects, and might appreciate an alternative.

Robert
February 2nd, 2013, 04:31 PM
Here's another endorsement for the F-C Penvelopes. I own one each of the 6 and 13 cases, and they are wonderful. Also by F-C, I own one 3-pen silk zip case and one 2-pen leather case. Great quality at reasonable prices.

mdesimone
February 2nd, 2013, 05:37 PM
It may depend on how the leather has been tanned and dyed. Is it plain brown leather, or does it have a colour?

And even if it isn't leather: is it a nice case? Because I'm sure there will be people around here (not necessarily me) who may have issues with having leather objects, and might appreciate an alternative.

I got it from Rosetta - Rosetta Zippered 10-Pen Case, Soft Leather
http://www.rosettausa.com/rosetta-soft-leather-10-pen-zippered-case-black/

gwgtaylor
February 2nd, 2013, 08:17 PM
My Rosetta pen case is fine. I've got a four pen black napa. Seriously though-- you need an FC penvelope six.

earthdawn
February 3rd, 2013, 12:46 AM
I got this one;
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Fountain-Pen-Case-12-Leather-New-Antique-Brown-/180474748834?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item2a05221fa2#ht_2848wt_1156
Very good quality !!!!

And I picked up one of these from FPN member in the classifieds
http://www.fountainpennetwork.com/forum/index.php?/topic/166702-delta-markiaro-leather-case-for-40-pens/
I only got it as it was a really good deal. Beautiful case and I wanted one that was loud and hard to mis-place, which it most certainly is lol

mdesimone
February 3rd, 2013, 09:34 PM
That's a lot of F-C recommendations. I'll check their website. I just might put in an order - pay check this week ;)

gwgtaylor
February 3rd, 2013, 10:12 PM
That's a lot of F-C recommendations. I'll check their website. I just might put in an order - pay check this week ;)

You totally need to do that. :-)