PDA

View Full Version : Newbie from Portugal

menunes
February 3rd, 2013, 01:37 PM
Hello everybody,

I enjoy painting and drawing and have used drawing pens on and off for a long time. I mostly use Rotring's Isograph and Art Pens as well as dip pens, and all sorts of markers and liners used in manga, like Copics, Tombow, Sakura and the likes. Somehow I saw a video on youtube that showed the Namiki Falcon in action and that sprung my attention back to fountain pens, I've used them before but never went past the Parker entry line. Now I see all these new affordable funky pens and all the choices of inks we got these days and I feel like dabbling into the Fountain pen world. Sort of.

My simple collection consists of a Lamy Safary, a Noodlers Ahab and a Monteverde Prima. Plus two Art Pens, by Rotring. My Grail pen is...the Namiki Falcon. My dream is to meet and study under professor Tarquin.

That's it.

Mnunes

Tracy Lee
February 3rd, 2013, 01:47 PM
Hi, Menunes! What a wonderful intro. You will feel right at home here. Hope you will share your art along the way. :)

Bogon07
February 3rd, 2013, 03:10 PM
Hi Menunes and welcome to the forum.

eriquito
February 3rd, 2013, 04:44 PM
Hello and Welcome!

That Namiki Falcon youtube video gets to so many people, it should be nominated for an Oscar.

There is a rumor circulating that Professor Danglebury will attend the Köln Pen Show in March. Catch him there if you can.

=) Eric

caribbean_skye
February 3rd, 2013, 08:40 PM
Welcome welcome.

KrazyIvan
February 3rd, 2013, 10:43 PM
Welcome to the Dark Side menunes. :)

auto winder
February 4th, 2013, 12:42 AM
Welcome! :welcome:

fountainpenkid
February 4th, 2013, 01:44 PM
studying under Tarquin...lol...
Welcome!

Prof. Tarquin Danglebury
February 4th, 2013, 01:56 PM
Ah, Menunes, there you are!

Professor Tarquin Danglebury here. Glad to have you onboard with the Fountain Pen Geeks. It is obvious that you should study with me: after all, I am the expert in my field. For your first assignment, please write a 75,000 word paper on the benefits of using a fountain pen.

I would write more, but I have to take Lord Windermere for his daily walk.

Ta-ta!

StephenBrown
February 4th, 2013, 02:02 PM
For your first assignment, please write a 75,000 word paper on the benefits of using a fountain pen.

75,000 words? That's crazy!

KrazyIvan
February 4th, 2013, 02:03 PM
Somebody say ca-razy?

fountainpenkid
February 4th, 2013, 02:09 PM

Professor Tarquin Danglebury here. Glad to have you onboard with the Fountain Pen Geeks. It is obvious that you should study with me: after all, I am the expert in my field. For your first assignment, please write a 75,000 word paper on the benefits of using a fountain pen.

Ta-ta!

And how, pray tell, does a lobster walk? ;) Its great to have you(s) on the board! Finally!

Prof. Tarquin Danglebury
February 4th, 2013, 02:46 PM
And how, pray tell, does a lobster walk? ;)

It has eight legs. And I hold a leash.

Its great to have you(s) on the board! Finally!

Yes, I know.

menunes
February 4th, 2013, 03:06 PM

Ta-ta!

Professor, how can I express my joy of seeing you here. I'm flabbergasted. Finally I can learn from the source, Professor Danglebury, one of the last Shihans of the lost art of Fudebudo. I shall undertake the 75,000 word paper whit the dignity it entails. Plus, as an ass kisser extraordinaire I've taken the liberty to spent a week with lobsters trying to mimic their behavior - you know, the Studio method thingy - I'm almost a full fledged Maine Lobster by now. I anything ever happens to poor Lord Windemere, I am at your service, as a substitute pet lobster.

Your Loyal Servant, ME Nunes.

menunes
February 4th, 2013, 03:09 PM
Thank you all for the warm welcome.
Of I go, there is much to be done. The Professor must have is essay...:crazy_pilot:

caribbean_skye
February 4th, 2013, 06:23 PM
LOL. Welcome welcome ME Nunes. I hope you're stretching out those fingers and hands and getting up often to stretch other parts of your body. Will look forward to your posts once your essay is done.

Prof. Tarquin Danglebury
February 6th, 2013, 12:45 AM
I say, ME Nunes, your level of dedication to fountain pens is very impressive. Many of my former students have tried their hand at lobstering, but the vast majority of them couldn't do it for more than a day. I see you have a pen future as bright as Bouton d'Or ahead of you!