PDA

View Full Version : Montblanc 144 Transitional - *S*U*P*E*R* R*A*R*E*

ChrisC
August 18th, 2016, 10:37 PM
Hi, I'm selling a Montblanc 144 Transitional. It's the transitional pen between the celluloid 144 and the plastic 34-24-14 line. These rarely come up for sale and are a really interesting piece, combining the excellent flexy celluloid era nibs with the modern streamlined design. This one, like nearly all examples of this short-lived line, has a chip in the cap lip and also a hairline from the lip to the outer cap ring. This is part of the reason for its discontinuation, as Montblanc misplaced the threads of the cap. making these cracks almost inevitable.

Mine has an amazing broad/double broad stub flex nib. It's got some scratching on the yellow part of the face of the nib, but this can be polished out if you desire. I prefer to leave it as is.

Gold trim is in excellent condition, pen has no major damages or scratches other than what has already been said in this post.

With the rarity of the piece and the amazing flex nib it has, I'm selling it for $550 plus shipping at cost. Ships from NJ, USA.

Payment via Paypal.