PDA

View Full Version : PIF Nib Grinds and/or Nib Tuning

jesse
August 22nd, 2016, 01:19 PM
Good Afternoon,
To celebrate the launch of my website, pentuner.com (http://www.pentuner.com), I am offering five free nib grinds or tuning for fellow FPGeeks members. Just use coupon code fpgeeks when checking out to discount the grind or tune to zero dollars. You will have to still pay for return shipping of your pen.

I have been working on fountain pens for over ten years. I have been mildly active on the FPN forum, and only recently on Reddit. I am new to FPGeeks and plan to continue my contribution to this great community. I am trying to promote my new brand image and look forward to servicing your pen and earning your trust.
Thank you.

Edit: All coupon codes have been claimed

Brilliant Bill
August 22nd, 2016, 07:15 PM
Best of luck, but for me it looks like a lot more trouble than it's worth. Am I really going to send you a picture of me holding my pen? No, I'm not.

I didn't go past that, but I saw that I had to put the whole thing into a cart. So, are you asking for prepayments? That also would not work for me. I'm used to being notified the work is done, and then I pay.

You may have some kinks to work out.

VertOlive
August 22nd, 2016, 08:00 PM
Jesse, this is a wonderful PIF. I'd love to have a free grind but Idon't have a way to photograph myself holding the pen. Could you do without that part?

jesse
August 23rd, 2016, 07:15 AM
Jesse, this is a wonderful PIF. I'd love to have a free grind but Idon't have a way to photograph myself holding the pen. Could you do without that part?

Hi VertOlive. The picture is not necessary, just helpful. I mimic your grip while smoothing the nib to ensure the pen writes best for you, and as they say, a picture is worth a thousand words. I can, of course, still smooth the nib without a photograph.

Bill and VertOlive, thanks for the feedback regarding the picture. I have updated the product pages to be more clear that the pictures are optional. I appreciate that you took the time to evaluate my endeavor.

RayCornett
September 5th, 2016, 02:43 PM
What gaurantees do you offer? I have some really expensive nibs I would like reground. Do you need the entire pen?

jesse
September 5th, 2016, 03:46 PM
What gaurantees do you offer? I have some really expensive nibs I would like reground. Do you need the entire pen?

Hi RayCornett,
I stand behind my work. If you are not happy with the job, I would like the opportunity to make it right. If I can't rectify the situation, or if I destroy your nib, I will replace it or compensate for its loss if not replaceable. With that said, I have not destroyed a nib in a long time, and I've never destroyed a customer's nib.

Yes, I will need the whole pen in all circumstances.

jesse
September 9th, 2016, 02:03 PM
Only two codes have been claimed! There are still three slots available. Simply use the coupon code when placing your order for a FREE nib grind or tuning! I look forward to working with you. Thank you.

KKay
September 11th, 2016, 01:34 PM
Okay Jesse. I couldn't stand it. I had to take you up on your very generous offer. :) Thank you!

jesse
September 12th, 2016, 06:12 AM
Thank you everyone for your interest, all coupon codes have now been claimed :)

KKay
September 19th, 2016, 07:58 PM
I got my pen back this afternoon. Jesse did a really good job on turning my Faber-Castell Loom "Broad", into a "Broad Cursive Italic". I am thrilled. The broad was a bit too broad for me, and the Broad Cursive Italic was perfect. I hated to grind that nib, but now it will get much more use than it was. So now I have two cursive italic pens in total. I wanted the pen to write wet, and not be a gusher. He hit it absolutely perfect for me. I am very pleased.

StrongerLove
October 11th, 2016, 11:28 AM
I'm really satisfied with Jesse's work. He did a great job of reducing my broad Kaweco nib to a thinner size.

jesse
October 11th, 2016, 12:06 PM
Thank you for the kind words. While the PIF has ended, I am still offering reduced rates on all nib work. Please check the website (http://www.pentuner.com) for details.